Gaming Madden 21 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
the punters are speaking - dislikes now at 21000 with 3 out of 5 disliking the '21 trailer.

So from what we've seen so far 21 in reality will be madden 20.2 while they spend most of their time & resources on getting 22 ready for the new consoles.

I'll still buy it if the initial reviews aren't too scathing & it's not a step backwards graphically or in gameplay but yeah expectations not peaking just at the minute.

Aug 24, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
the punters are speaking - dislikes now at 21000 with 3 out of 5 disliking the '21 trailer.

So from what we've seen so far 21 in reality will be madden 20.2 while they spend most of their time & resources on getting 22 ready for the new consoles.

I'll still buy it if the initial reviews aren't too scathing & it's not a step backwards graphically or in gameplay but yeah expectations not peaking just at the minute.
How about don't buy it even if the reviews are average? Things won't change if people end up buying it every year regardless.

Putting aside the lack of anything good thats new to the game, the trailer itself was ******* shithouse, massive yawn from a marketing standpoint to me....i remember when EA used to bring the hype with a trailer. Some of the old NBA Live, Madden and Tiger Woods golf promos were epic. This is a company that has completely lost its way and the plot in general.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
How about don't buy it even if the reviews are average? Things won't change if people end up buying it every year regardless.

Fully understand the sentiment, thing is I'm still playing & enjoying* 20, had a hell of wildcard game yesterday, so unless it sucks they'll be getting my cash again.

I know I keep harping on it, but it's unbelievable how much worse the game is compared to what it used to be. So much stuff missing nowadays from the 00-10 days, was a far more detailed and in depth experience.

And for those that would say I'm one of those people who think everything today is worse than what it once was, no, I've always been a massive Mortal Kombat fan and what NetherRealm studios have done with the MK franchise absolutely blows my mind. The MK franchise has never been better. A company who truly cares about what they are putting out to the fans.

Aug 24, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Fully understand the sentiment, thing is I'm still playing & enjoying* 20, had a hell of wildcard game yesterday, so unless it sucks they'll be getting my cash again.
But that's the whole point, people keep buying an "okay" game isn't going to make any difference and we'll continue to get mediocre improvements each and every year. Madden 22 will probably have 1 or 2 new features with better graphics and an updated roster...no depth or immersion.
There literally needs to be a full on boycot before EA realise how s**t their game is.
Don't get me wrong it can be enjoyable game and I've had a lot of hours playing M20 but there are so many just surface level issues and not to mention any kind of franchise depth that I can't believe people would still spend $100 on it.
Just download a new updated roster and continue to play M20.

Oh and I'm pretty sure that Eric Rayweather dude is paid by EA.

True, nobody needs to know, or cares really, what their favourite games will look like on next gen consoles. Silly EA.

What does it matter? Not like the consumer has an option.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
looks like the PS5 version will use the haptic feedback on the dualsense for hits and stuff. also games will load in seconds on next gen.

funny that Ultimate team progress will carry over to nextgen, but co-op franchise wont or is that just for Fifa

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What does it matter about the decision to spend the better part of $1k on upgrading a console & buying new games? This consumer has an option.

If you're upgrading consoles partially on what Madden looks like youre not a very hard sell. . Of course it will look good in trailers and previews. Just like every other game out there will.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
If you're upgrading consoles partially on what Madden looks like youre not a very hard sell. . Of course it will look good in trailers and previews. Just like every other game out there will.

Of course it'll be partially based on what the newer games look like & there will be a heap of gameplay vids out soon enough to help make that decision.

Having a crack at EA for releasing promo vid's is stretching the hate a bit too far as in that regard they are doing nothing different to any business that chooses to advertise a product.

Aug 24, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
You obviously dont watch his vids, he regularly bags them out re the state of Madden. He's no Ryan Moody but paid by EA? Yeah nah.
Dude, the game isnt sh*t for everyone. If you dont like it, dont play it.
Nah I don't watch his videos, I saw 1 or 2 of his and its just clickbait bullshit aand he does seem like one of those fanboys.
I literally said I have enjoyed playing Madden. I've played a ton of it but just because I found something enjoyable for a time doesn't mean I can't bag it out.
The fact that Madden is going to get reviews of like 6 or 7 out of 10 every year for the next hundred years doesn't bother you? You'll just keep buying it because it's not terrible?
As I said it can be enjoyable but if people want something really substantial and a genuinely memorable game then we can't all just fork out our hard earned money every year for a new edge rush animation.

Of course it'll be partially based on what the newer games look like & there will be a heap of gameplay vids out soon enough to help make that decision.

Having a crack at EA for releasing promo vid's is stretching the hate a bit too far as in that regard they are doing nothing different to any business that chooses to advertise a product.

I didn't have a crack at them, I just said it's not worth celebrating as a consumer, the upgrading consoles proof you need will be in the gameplay.

33k dislikes, now more than a 2:1 dislike to like ratio on the Madden trailer. EA starting to get offended and taking it out on the customers.... The NFL ****ed up, having these guys as their sole partner. This is gonna get even uglier which is beautiful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back