Gaming Madden 21 - Discussion

why you mad at Madden bro?

Coz a company doesn't deserve to make money off such a poorly/lazily made game let alone have the sole rights for the nfl.

I had usually found ways to enjoy them still, but this is the first Madden in a while that I just don't want to play at all.

Felt boring after one session.

netslave

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'd rather not play any NFL game than play Madden, so thats what I'm doing.
Until they make MUT a complete seperate game and bring back proper simulation it'll stay that way.
I'm sure EA don't care if they miss out on my money though, they sure do make enough without me.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
care to expand? I'm 50/50 at the moment as to which one to get, not that they'll be available any time soon it appears.
They are much the same. XSX is slightly more powerful, and Gamepass is great.

PS5 has better announced exclusives and the new Dualsense controller is arguably the better of the two systems. The expandable storage will likely be cheaper in a few years as the XSX only allows a proprietary expansion card.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Route running looks a lot better on next gen but that's about it so far, will hold out for '22

care to expand? I'm 50/50 at the moment as to which one to get, not that they'll be available any time soon it appears.

1. More xbx availability presently
2. The Telstra deal + already a Telstra customer
3. Xb Gamepass
4. 3rd party games are gradually more easier to develop 120fps on xbx
5. Xbx is much quieter than Ps5
6. Ps5 controller has a build defect in it that can be annoying (d pad pushing get plastic on plastic clicking noise in one direction, and bumpers squeak)
7. Ps5 Blu-ray drive is very loud, xbx quiet
8. Ps5 is monstrous in size,, xbx neat and tidy and small
9. Xbx cleverly built....ps5 you have to pull it apart to add external ssd card and other such things, front usb port only can be used for controller not external hdd, whereas xbx simple plug ins
10. Xbx Quick Resume, ps5 doesnt have it, got to kill games before playing other games....think how the remote control revolutionized things)
11. I will miss a few sony exclusives but im more a 3rd party gamer not an exclusives gamer
12. Ps5 seems to have more faulty consoles due to bad chipset design than xbx does, always defects when something mass produced but seems ps5 has more (graphics artifacts, system shutting down black screens of death type going on due to their innovative chipset design it seems to be the cause
.....there are reasons im forgetting just quickly posting for now

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
6. Ps5 controller has a build defect in it that can be annoying (d pad pushing get plastic on plastic clicking noise in one direction, and bumpers squeak)

12. Ps5 seems to have more faulty consoles due to bad chipset design than xbx does, always defects when something mass produced but seems ps5 has more (graphics artifacts, system shutting down black screens of death type going on due to their innovative chipset design it seems to be the cause
Do you have any proof that isn't a random Youtube video?

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Again...i wanted to get in on a next gen console during this xmas period, ill be on holidays too, so i scouted around youtube looking for various in depth reviews around the systems, deep diving into everything.....the menus, features, heat, size, every possible thing, just so i could get a feel for which one of the two to buy FIRST...cos too expensive to buy both off the bat, wanted to pick one, and just felt more comfortable based on the reasons to go with xbx (for now). Ive always owned both in every gen, tho the last few years ive really stopped being a gamer, bores me more and more as i get older, so its not a high priority owning both or getting into the world of gaming anymore....i enjoy too much other things now....but you GOTTA have a console, and i gotta have NFL games to play or a shooter....thats about all i would use it for.

The telstra deal is helpful too given i dont have to buy it upfront or fork out a deposit. 46 per month for cost of system plus gamepass ultimate, no extra fees, not paying more in the end, is a great deal.....also cos i recently forked out $999 for a Goggle Pixel 5 so i had to budget, not spend another whopping dollar amount on something

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
when do you get the new console? looking around it's going to months at least until it's available for those who didnt get in early.
I got told by Telstra in mid Nov the earliest for me would be after Dec 9 (next stock in intake)...around late Nov i got an email from Telstra saying congratulations and welcome and running me over the deal id signed up for....so im guessing my system is on the way very soon (its Dec 5 right now).

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Seems if you want a system asap....either ps5 or Xbx....the quickest way is via the Telstra deal for Xbox series x or series. Eb games told me it wouldnt be till maybe Feb or later before i could in on either the ps5 or xbx and even made my trade in scary to do, suggesting i could lose it if i didnt secure a pre-order console. campaigners. So i had to leave my trade in value for peripheries or games for the future. Other retailers like Jb Hifi etc same story as Eb...not consoles till maybe Feb or later.

Thus Telstra deal as part of the "raft of reasons"

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
Seems if you want a system asap....either ps5 or Xbx....the quickest way is via the Telstra deal for Xbox series x or series. Eb games told me it wouldnt be till maybe Feb or later before i could in on either the ps5 or xbx and even made my trade in scary to do, suggesting i could lose it if i didnt secure a pre-order console. campaigners. So i had to leave my trade in value for peripheries or games for the future. Other retailers like Jb Hifi etc same story as Eb...not consoles till maybe Feb or later.

Thus Telstra deal as part of the "raft of reasons"

yeah I swapped from Telstra to Optus for my last phone upgrade, much better deal but then Telstra often has added stuff like this, damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Back