Gaming Madden 21 - Discussion

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
yeah I swapped from Telstra to Optus for my last phone upgrade, much better deal but then Telstra often has added stuff like this, damned if you do, damned if you dont.
I used to be an Optus guy, but then they ****ed me over royally, extorting money from me, false stuff i couldnt fight, and the deals i had fine print stuff that extorted money and restricted you from changing plans tho they promoted that when signing up. I just wanted to wash my hands of them, paid off all the bullshit amount of money they demanded (over $1k), just paid it, terminated my services.had heard many other regular people also experience the same extortion and bullshit.

Meanwhile telstra were always too expensive with their plans and didnt offer as much gig or whatever as other carriers. But they started to just as i terminated my optus suffering. Lots of cool deals and services and offers and far more affordable plans etc, so i moved everything over to them. Now they own my soul, but theyre not criminals like Optus at least

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
I used to be an Optus guy, but then they f’ed me over royally, extorting money from me, false stuff i couldnt fight, and the deals i had fine print stuff that extorted money and restricted you from changing plans tho they promoted that when signing up. I just wanted to wash my hands of them, paid off all the bullshit amount of money they demanded (over $1k), just paid it, terminated my services.had heard many other regular people also experience the same extortion and bullshit.

Meanwhile telstra were always too expensive with their plans and didnt offer as much gig or whatever as other carriers. But they started to just as i terminated my optus suffering. Lots of cool deals and services and offers and far more affordable plans etc, so i moved everything over to them. Now they own my soul, but theyre not criminals like Optus at least

Not good to hear GG, but just had a look at Telstras mobile plans & the cheapest I can see that's the equivalent of my current $50pm deal with Optus is $80, which is not chump change over the course of the contract. Telstra just gouging away same as they always have.

Not good to hear GG, but just had a look at Telstras mobile plans & the cheapest I can see that's the equivalent of my current $50pm deal with Optus is $80, which is not chump change over the course of the contract. Telstra just gouging away same as they always have.

Yeah we looked at Telstra briefly after the Mrs was shitty with Optus. Nothing came close unfortunately. Even the guy in the Telstra store said he couldn't do much haha.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have a $55 deal 40 gig for 4g month by month,, also theyre paying me back $240 because i bought the Pixel 5 outright. The salespersons in the Telstra shop have a bunch of deals and offers that we dont know about, or they try to help existing customer out with certain offers available to them. I know carriers also love to steal customers off their rivals, so they always have good deals to win you back. Best part....they assured one can swap their plan up and down to suit their needs as they please, no fine print restrictions and fake cancelation fees like Optus killed me with.

Theyre all clever and money hungry, sure. But Optus really switched faces after they got me. Ive been with Telstra now for over two years and no issues

Yes, true....to switch up to 5g plan, 40 or more gig, its like $80, tho i can switch back down if i like, no fees....remember too Optus coverage and reliability of service totally sucks balls compared to Telstra. Also as Telstra customer you can watch all NRL and AFL games live and free on the mobile apps....like having anfree Foxtel sub.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
I have a $55 deal 40 gig for 4g month by month,, also theyre paying me back $240 because i bought the Pixel 5 outright. The salespersons in the Telstra shop have a bunch of deals and offers that we dont know about, or they try to help existing customer out with certain offers available to them. I know carriers also love to steal customers off their rivals, so they always have good deals to win you back. Best part....they assured one can swap their plan up and down to suit their needs as they please, no fine print restrictions and fake cancelation fees like Optus killed me with.

Theyre all clever and money hungry, sure. But Optus really switched faces after they got me. Ive been with Telstra now for over two years and no issues

Yes, true....to switch up to 5g plan, 40 or more gig, its like $80, tho i can switch back down if i like, no fees....remember too Optus coverage and reliability of service totally sucks balls compared to Telstra. Also as Telstra customer you can watch all NRL and AFL games live and free on the mobile apps....like having anfree Foxtel sub.

Reliability has been fine but yes I agree on the coverage, there's a job I do regularly half way between Geelong & Ballarat & that area has poor coverage, couple other spots around west vic I have issues with as well. All telcos suck to one degree or another;)

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
1. More xbx availability presently
2. The Telstra deal + already a Telstra customer
3. Xb Gamepass
4. 3rd party games are gradually more easier to develop 120fps on xbx
5. Xbx is much quieter than Ps5
6. Ps5 controller has a build defect in it that can be annoying (d pad pushing get plastic on plastic clicking noise in one direction, and bumpers squeak)
7. Ps5 Blu-ray drive is very loud, xbx quiet
8. Ps5 is monstrous in size,, xbx neat and tidy and small
9. Xbx cleverly built....ps5 you have to pull it apart to add external ssd card and other such things, front usb port only can be used for controller not external hdd, whereas xbx simple plug ins
10. Xbx Quick Resume, ps5 doesnt have it, got to kill games before playing other games....think how the remote control revolutionized things)
11. I will miss a few sony exclusives but im more a 3rd party gamer not an exclusives gamer
12. Ps5 seems to have more faulty consoles due to bad chipset design than xbx does, always defects when something mass produced but seems ps5 has more (graphics artifacts, system shutting down black screens of death type going on due to their innovative chipset design it seems to be the cause
.....there are reasons im forgetting just quickly posting for now
4 is bullshit. and PS5 is the lead console for devs and has a much easier toolkit for Devs. they also got the Dev kits earlier.
5 is also bullshit, mine doesnt make a sound when on even when its 30+ and been on all day
6. sounds like the youtubeer got a faulty control
7. disc drive is no noiser than any others, the only thing is a rare bug in the firmware where it will spin if there is a disc in every hour or so for about 2 sec.
9. PS5 has gone the "consumer friendly" route where they can buy larger size SSD's and its not limited to just the one brand. also prices on M2 drives will go down faster when they get put on the white list. external on the back is because they are faster ports.
10. games load so fast it doesnt matter, and apparently next gen games have quick resume disabled anyway or at least some do.
12. Xbox is also having failures, like every electrical device. look at other places than here where i was the only one with a faulty PS5. and PS5 also has about 3x the stock in consumers hands which is why there seems like more failures.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
so is anyone playing this on next gen?

Waiting on an email back, but looks like I've found a stock of the Series X, not that I'm in a hurry to upgrade.
I look forward to playing you (and any other Xboxers) but M22 i think. And, all those new NFL-ish games 2K are going to be developing.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
& the mystery TD is always a rib tickler :mad:

20210126_170113.jpg

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
That game was a hoot - along with the Casper the Ghost TD, there was a clear knee down for a KC receiver 1/2 yard short of goal line but he stretches out, they give him the score anyway & I cant challenge. & I lose by 3, fml.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
Jeez I knew Madden was bad, but that would suggest Super Sim is flat out broken

Overall the game play is fun enough & it looks really good but there are so many bugs, it's flat out negligence at this point. For example, after nearly every franchise game, I get kicked back out to the main menu. Why I wonder & find out I'm not alone, some get it a lot, some get it a little but sounds like everyone gets it to one degree or another, doesnt sound like much but * it's annoying. How is this not patched by now? & then there's the 'Hold A to reorder' popup that gets stuck on screen which I think has been in the game since I started playing again in '18, just fix it already ffs.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
I've seen some gameplay where the AI's pursuit angles on long plays are absolutely hilarious - the AI just runs parallel to the ball carrier as if they were running a 100m race and need to stay in their lanes 😂

Its stuff like that that stops me from even considering pirating the game to see if the rest is any good or not 😅

I've seen some gameplay where the AI's pursuit angles on long plays are absolutely hilarious - the AI just runs parallel to the ball carrier as if they were running a 100m race and need to stay in their lanes 😂

Its stuff like that that stops me from even considering pirating the game to see if the rest is any good or not 😅
Probably coded that way to stop those who cheesed and exploited the coding with the zig zag running.

If you want to zig, we'll tackle you.

Just released on xbox gamepass

Now I can download it for free and really find out how bad it is, or if it actually isn't that bad and I should have bought it 9 months ago

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Back