Gaming Madden 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Hes got no self-awareness, his bad jokes and other self-promotion tactics, making up job roles at other clubs

Great points. Im wrong youre right.

99-0 would be beastly still in madden code probably

Bloke did a sim a few years ago on YouTube with the awareness at 0 and it barely made a difference at all over the course of a season IIRC, will see if I can find it

the most important thing in madden is speed, impossible to win a game if you drop you entire team to 0 speed, you can still win games however dropping every ability to 0 tho

the most important thing in madden is speed, impossible to win a game if you drop you entire team to 0 speed, you can still win games however dropping every ability to 0 tho
speed at QB doesnt matter

With how I play I only run when there's a gaping hole to exploit.

And that's more likely when I have Tom Brady in the backfield than when I have Lamar Jackson as I'll see a spy if I play with Jackson. So I'll run more often for bigger gains when Brady. Earlier this week when my game was working, I got a 15 yard run with Brady on 2nd and 16. If I play Lamar, probably dont even get 5 as there's a spy.

Also - Anyone have issues with the game loading?

Iplayed it on Monday no issues.
Then the 2 times since I've gone to play it, it wont get past 70% on the loading screen
I deleted the game from the console so will try again, however, is there another way to fix the issue on ps5?

I miss the old old consoles. Youd turn it on, starts up immediately, you jam the game cartridge in, the game starts immediately.

Nowadays, turn on console, system update, 3 gig, console needs to restart several times during update, 30 minutes later, controller needs update, do not move controller during update, 5 mins later, open home screen, already 50 apps auto-updating since last you turned on console, 30 mins later ... You put game disc in.....55 gig install process....30 mins later.....alert.....gane needs updating, 10 gig.......by the time it all finishes, you dont feel like playing anymore. Bet soon as i turn the console on saturday afternoon......alert, system update required, etc.....ugh

Spent about 4 hours last night just setting up the game, trying to create playbooks, editing favorite teams default uniforms, just playing practice mode and getting used to the game, the controls, and figuring out which plays and formations I like/dislike. Gonna spend most of today and evening doing more of this, whittling down playbook, refining.

Not interested in all the RPOs, jet sweeps, fast touch pass sweeps, end arounds, reverses and option plays. Doesn't suit my style of play. I think Triple Options are broken, run a few and they all don't work, but normal option plays and RPOs do, but Triple Options are broken. Tho found a glitch with one where the QB will get easy 5 yards every time due to that particular plays Triple Option being broken. Not interested anyway in all those kinds of plays.

Focusing on I-Form, Weak-I, Singleback and trying to whittle down Shotgun to a few formations, there are so many that interest. My goal is to have like 6 plays each max for say 2-3 I-Forms, 6 plays for say 2-3 Weak-Is, 15 or so plays for a couple Singlebacks, and 15-21 plays for 3 Shotguns, but I have like 18 different Shotguns, and need to whittle it down. Love Weak-I tho, will have to spend a little more time choosing which Weak-I forms I like most, or could just go full Weak-I centric + Shotgun. No inbetween.

As for general gameplay...it's better than recent maddens, but still s**t compared to m10. When you run the ball or catch the ball, there's no leeway, very little stick flexibility to make moves, run around players, fake them out, etc. You are mostly locked in to a groove on a track, animations quickly interacting disallowing such flexibility. Running the ball is bad. Pass blocking is bad, there's no 2K like organic nature to it, rushers just come at you and no wonder people are forced to sprint the QB to the far left or right sideline to make a throw. Pass coverage is tight even on all-pro level, DBs jump the ball to break up or INT passes, not overpowered but powered, speed still kills, lifting the lid. Still certain types of pass routes or route combinations that work almost all the time.

The controls are all different to how I last remember, will take some time to getting used to.

Not seeing the "next gen" graphics quality at all. The players look bad, their uniforms, no texture, and the players themselves look to square and big shouldered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think thats key....in the settings - game options section - you can choose between simulation or competitive game mode. Says for each....simulation mode = player ratings matter vs competitive mode = stick skills matter.

Means simulation has less flexibility, animations lock in and interact based on the players ratings a lot quicker. And competitive more leeway.

Online play is default competitive mode. You see on those videos of people playing online how they have so much more flexibility and player movement.

Would recommend then that people set game mode option to competitive not simulation....for franchise, practice, etc seeing as youre gonna be thrown in with the wolves in MUT and online on competitive mode

Can't wait till September scout update comes getting abit bored of Mut already i want to start my 49ers Franchise. Lance sitting his first year like he should in Real Life then trading jimmy g for a 1st in off season.

Issue with microsoft/xbox...

They have a cloud server where all your games, history game data, game licenses etc exists. So you never lose your data etc if you ever have a problem, console breaks down, get a new console, delete games accidentally, etc. Cloud server protects you.

Downside tho....you can never delete trial versions of games, the trial license forever exists on your username, even after uninstalling a game. So if your trial expires, you "have to" buy the digital version to unlock it. Even if months/years later, you download a free fully unlocked game from the store, it wont play, the trial license forever exists, preventing you till you buy the digital version.

Noticed when i dont have m22 disc in the console, the console calls m22 a trial version. Can load it up but it ticks away deducting time from my trial period. If i out disc in tho the console treats it like a fully owned game, and no ticking time. Can never delete that trial license even if you uninstall game and factory reset your console, because it exists on your xbox username in the cloud server.

True, noticed when i installed disc, didnt have to set all the million settings again for the game, already exist on a cloud server even tho i uninstalled trial game.

Dont think if i played out the remaining hours left on my trial (no disc in) and then then inserted disc, it would lock me out of the game. Its just the game sits on your console/username forever as trial till you buy the digital version. But if you have a disc for that game its fine.

speed at QB doesnt matter

With how I play I only run when there's a gaping hole to exploit.

And that's more likely when I have Tom Brady in the backfield than when I have Lamar Jackson as I'll see a spy if I play with Jackson. So I'll run more often for bigger gains when Brady. Earlier this week when my game was working, I got a 15 yard run with Brady on 2nd and 16. If I play Lamar, probably dont even get 5 as there's a spy.

Also - Anyone have issues with the game loading?

Iplayed it on Monday no issues.
Then the 2 times since I've gone to play it, it wont get past 70% on the loading screen
I deleted the game from the console so will try again, however, is there another way to fix the issue on ps5?
I tried it for the first time lastnight and it stalled on "Buckling chinstraps" it was a network/server thing

shame on anyone who supports this garbage now.

20 mins into the video. Shaping up as THE best video ever made on any subject in human history. The series only keeps getting more horrendous each year. Like a huge cash grab until finally the license is taken off them. Never been more excited than waiting for 2K NFL Street 22 and 2K NFL Blitz 22 apparently coming in 2022.

Great video. The genuine passion, and real heart break that you and many others show, in disappointment for a beloved thing gone awry (video game simulation football) "should" have an affect on the makers of the product. They should feel ashamed at the thievery, but they never do because there isn't even any sense of pride in craftsmanship. Even McDonalds tried to fix their menu after backlash from concerned consumers. EA is literally abusing fans of NFL/football. To even micro-transact colors of clothing and various equipment is truly evil. If Roger Goodell even cared about the reputation of "the shield" then he should be concerned with the state of EAs license, the abuse of children/gambling entailed, and the continued decline of a product that has the NFL imagery splashed all over it....just like they wouldn't want a criminal on TV promoting the NFL, EA is a criminal really, where is the concern from NFL HQs? Like a broken, dangerous vehicle, EAs Madden license should be recalled, and millions of dollars reimbursed to the fanbase. Someone should start a legal process

I just dont get all this love for 2k football have you seen what they being doing to their nba game last couple of years have been s**t. And microtransactions plague that game aswell more so than Madden if they were still in the nfl game market they would be doing exactly the same thing easports is doing to think otherwise is stupid. The problem is all the ultimate team card for sports game generates all their income so of course they are going to spend most there time on that.

And if you want to blame anyone for the exclusive license blame nfl and nfl players association they signed off and took the deal were they get the biggest deal they could.

As for my view on this years madden i am enjoying the game playing it daily mainly mut, h2h with housemates and started a lions franchise (till scouting update will keep me entertained). Can it get better of course every game can. Is it better than last years ? Alot better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back