News Maddy Prespakis and Georgia Gee request trade to Essendon & other possible player movements

Remove this Banner Ad

They'll make us play Essendon round 1 (their home game but at Princes Park under lights) and we will lose it, followed by the collingwood matchup

Absolutely no doubt they will try to capitalise on our pain.

I'll take that for Jones.

Not as keen on the trade we executed, really hoping our talent ID has correctly identified the pool, but I doubt it.

Last year's draft was a s**t show.
Jim,
You sound pretty uneduacated sometimes, not sure if you do it for a reaction, but there is a lot to like about last years draft and they will all improve again this season.

Can we adjust the tag “Game Changers” to Left Overs or perhaps “Remainder”.

Having said that, I firmly believe we will it go backwards from last season. If there is any sense of fairness in the AFL, they would give us a nice draw, particularly against the expansion mobs that have raided us.
We did get a stiff draw last season for the position we finished the year before, I hope we get a couple of the lower clubs to start off to get some belief and then play whoever there is after that.

Jim,
You sound pretty uneduacated sometimes, not sure if you do it for a reaction, but there is a lot to like about last years draft and they will all improve again this season.
In a team riddled with athletically challenged defenders and inside mids, we picked more athletically challenged defenders, with one who could maybe develop as an inside mid.

The pick trade relies on there being a sharp drop in talent at Victorian pick 10.

In a team riddled with athletically challenged defenders and inside mids, we picked more athletically challenged defenders, with one who could maybe develop as an inside mid.

The pick trade relies on there being a sharp drop in talent at Victorian pick 10.
Haha,
I just read my previous post and after misspelling uneducated, perhaps I should look in the mirror! You were pretty gracious not to bag me for that 1.

I'll take that for Jones.

Not as keen on the trade we executed, really hoping our talent ID has correctly identified the pool, but I doubt it.

Last year's draft was a s**t show.
Overall or for us?

Bit early to tell. Sherar looks like she will be good. Too soon for Lee, Vickers and Milford.

Overall or for us?

Bit early to tell. Sherar looks like she will be good. Too soon for Lee, Vickers and Milford.
Milford's back end of the draft so I'm not worried there, but we had some great picks and I feel like each of them just have too many flaws to be considered first and second round prospects.

The talent ID and development pathway must have fallen off a cliff last year if they really were top prospects.

Maddy suggesting that Gee and didnt talk about moving to the bombers!! Pull the other one Maddy.

Reading her comments on her footy performance over the last 2 seasons seems she really didnt try to get the best out of herself.

I am firmly in the hope that her career flatlines from here, can't stand the dopers or any of their players, male or female.

THE CARLTON Football Club will head into the 2022 NAB AFLW Draft with four available positions on its playing list for the upcoming season.

The number of list spots was confirmed today, with Brooke Vernon departing the football club after playing three games in as many seasons for the Game Changers.

this article applies to the CFC, in part to trading into the top 10

AFLW draft: Clubs raise draft integrity concerns with league​

AFLW clubs have raised concerns over the integrity of next week’s draft and clubs using incentives to lure top prospects.

The AFL is in talks with clubs over an alleged integrity issue surrounding next week’s AFL Women’s draft and its potential No. 1 pick.
A meeting will be held on Thursday afternoon between six Victorian clubs and the AFL in the wake of two top Victorian draft prospects nominating Sydney as their intended destination in recent days.

Potential No. 1 pick Montana Ham and fellow Victorian top prospect Sofia Hurley – two of Victoria’s most impressive young players – have nominated for the New South Wales draft pool, opting to leave their home state.

Her manager, Alex Saundry, said this week that Ham’s decision was “a university and lifestyle choice”.

Both players are expected to be taken by Sydney, which has the first five selections in the NSW pool.

It has also been alleged by Victorian clubs — which will detail their concerns to the league in the meeting — that some interstate clubs may have been offering contracts to draftees including incentives outside of their playing contract as further impetus to nominate outside of their home state.

It was an issue that was raised to the AFL Women’s competition committee in the wake of Gold Coast young gun Charlie Rowbottom’s shock call to nominate Queensland as her draft destination at the end of 2021.

But despite being aware of apparent grievances from some clubs, the league did not act.

Many clubs feel that they are not on an even playing field when it comes to drafting players, with one club insider suggesting that any such action could even constitute conduct prejudicial to the draft.

“A full pitch to draftees isn’t something you’re supposed to do,” they said.

“Then, it’s not a draft.”

The 2022 AFLW draft is set to be held on Wednesday night.

As part of the league’s integrity investigation, some prospective AFLW players and their families have been interviewed by headquarters.

It is believed that as recently as a few weeks ago, Ham – who is 17 and due to finish her Year 12 studies in coming months – had given indications that she had intentions to stay in Victoria to play.

The league runs a state-based draft, where players can only nominate one state to play in.

In the wake of the top pair’s decision, clubs revolted at both the system and the strategies some allege are being employed in players nominating outside of their home state.

“When it happened, the phones at AFL House blew up, asking what the league was going to do about it,” one club insider said.

“Some clubs traded picks to get picks inside the top 10, thinking these girls would be in Victoria.”

Border talent Zarlie Goldsworthy was on the record as recently as last month declaring that she felt Victoria would be the place for her, before pivoting to nominate New South Wales this week and could land at Greater Western Sydney.

Under the state-based draft system, players receive a $10,000 incentive if they are selected as the state’s top pick.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...e/news-story/1c032d9744534a0e828b0ebbf7e822e2

this article applies to the CFC, in part to trading into the top 10

AFLW draft: Clubs raise draft integrity concerns with league​

AFLW clubs have raised concerns over the integrity of next week’s draft and clubs using incentives to lure top prospects.

The AFL is in talks with clubs over an alleged integrity issue surrounding next week’s AFL Women’s draft and its potential No. 1 pick.
A meeting will be held on Thursday afternoon between six Victorian clubs and the AFL in the wake of two top Victorian draft prospects nominating Sydney as their intended destination in recent days.

Potential No. 1 pick Montana Ham and fellow Victorian top prospect Sofia Hurley – two of Victoria’s most impressive young players – have nominated for the New South Wales draft pool, opting to leave their home state.

Her manager, Alex Saundry, said this week that Ham’s decision was “a university and lifestyle choice”.

Both players are expected to be taken by Sydney, which has the first five selections in the NSW pool.

It has also been alleged by Victorian clubs — which will detail their concerns to the league in the meeting — that some interstate clubs may have been offering contracts to draftees including incentives outside of their playing contract as further impetus to nominate outside of their home state.

It was an issue that was raised to the AFL Women’s competition committee in the wake of Gold Coast young gun Charlie Rowbottom’s shock call to nominate Queensland as her draft destination at the end of 2021.

But despite being aware of apparent grievances from some clubs, the league did not act.

Many clubs feel that they are not on an even playing field when it comes to drafting players, with one club insider suggesting that any such action could even constitute conduct prejudicial to the draft.

“A full pitch to draftees isn’t something you’re supposed to do,” they said.

“Then, it’s not a draft.”

The 2022 AFLW draft is set to be held on Wednesday night.

As part of the league’s integrity investigation, some prospective AFLW players and their families have been interviewed by headquarters.

It is believed that as recently as a few weeks ago, Ham – who is 17 and due to finish her Year 12 studies in coming months – had given indications that she had intentions to stay in Victoria to play.

The league runs a state-based draft, where players can only nominate one state to play in.

In the wake of the top pair’s decision, clubs revolted at both the system and the strategies some allege are being employed in players nominating outside of their home state.

“When it happened, the phones at AFL House blew up, asking what the league was going to do about it,” one club insider said.

“Some clubs traded picks to get picks inside the top 10, thinking these girls would be in Victoria.”

Border talent Zarlie Goldsworthy was on the record as recently as last month declaring that she felt Victoria would be the place for her, before pivoting to nominate New South Wales this week and could land at Greater Western Sydney.

Under the state-based draft system, players receive a $10,000 incentive if they are selected as the state’s top pick.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...e/news-story/1c032d9744534a0e828b0ebbf7e822e2
Yep makes an absolute mockery of our trade up. Screwed again…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back