Unsolved Madeleine McCann - New Leads Being Reported

Remove this Banner Ad

Suspect currently being interview by detectives! Hopefully all goes well! About a year or so ago I thought they'd never find a suspect in this case. I guess you could never ride off how hard detectives work.

I'd say its almost certain that if she was alive up until recently, that she is now dead.

Thanks media.

This has been the most highly publicised missing persons case for the last 7 years. Media scrutiny of the case was huge in the initial years following her disappearance, this will make absolutely no difference to the possibility that she may be found alive.

Well if you were a predator in possession of her, and all this information was out in the press including a potential eye witness... what would you do with her? There's really only one logical option unfortunately.

Wouldn't that actually make things worse for that person?? (As in the length of the prison sentence) Either way he/she/they are in serious s**t when/if caught.

Not sure we can blame the gold digging media for this one... BBC seems to be leading the charge after all.

The detectives have released a fair bit of info - I'd say its a calculated move by them. After so much time it's probably worth a shot.

There's a fair bit of activity at the moment making announcements about other suspects etc.

Is it possible the guy from Malta is really a red herring to make any people elsewhere they might think have her feel more secure and make a mistake?

I did see on the news tonight that the police are willing to speak to a suspect who seemed to be carrying an infant wearing pajamas on the night of her disappearance.
I am trying to find the images of the suspects they want to speak to.

Wouldn't that actually make things worse for that person?? (As in the length of the prison sentence) Either way he/she/they are in serious s**t when/if caught.

Yeah. That's why you can't make the penalties for rape/kidnap and murder the same.

What's the easiest way to make a rape/kidnap victim not talk, and therefore increase your chances of getting away with it? Murder.

It would make it a lot worse for them, but it at this stage if the person responsible got caught (with Madeline alive) there is no way he's not spending life in jail.

British TV aired the Madeline TV appeal and after minutes of airing they got phone calls from people with new info!

Have they shown actual photographs of the suspect/s or just sketches??

Yeah. That's why you can't make the penalties for rape/kidnap and murder the same.

What's the easiest way to make a rape/kidnap victim not talk, and therefore increase your chances of getting away with it? Murder.

It would make it a lot worse for them, but it at this stage if the person responsible got caught (with Madeline alive) there is no way he's not spending life in jail.

The Poms used to have an outrageous number of things that inconvenienced the aristocracy that they would execute you for. Big punishment to be a big deterrent - in the end it was much the same draw back, some small percentage were dissuaded, but for others just saw that there was very little difference between committing one capital crime and committing all of them. After all, they can only hang you once, so improve your chances of not getting caught by icing witnesses and burning evidence.

There was breaking news the other day about a Portuguese military operation with a drone that could have filmed the killer.

I smell bullshit.

More likely a ploy to lure a suspect out. probably surveilling a bloke and watching what he does after the news broke. Bet (again) it comes to nothing and we here nothing more about it. At least someone is trying (finally).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully the case doesn't go cold again!! There have been a few times where the case looks to be going somewhere but all of a sudden it goes cold!

British police want permission from Portugeuse authorities to arrest and interview the suspects. You'd think there's something to it.

Interesting they have a full time force of 35 officers on the case - obviously think they're onto something.

35 officers is serious interest. Hope to hell they solve it. Can't see a happy ending - but sure hope I'm wrong.

35 officers is serious interest. Hope to hell they solve it. Can't see a happy ending - but sure hope I'm wrong.

Just solving it will be enough. A miracle would be finding the girl. But, I guess, it happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back