Unsolved Madeleine McCann - New Leads Being Reported

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
So your kid goes missing in a foreign land, what do you need to ?

1/ Call for help.
2/ Go looking for the kid, organise searching.
3/ Make a photo, so searchers know who to look for.
4/ Protect the welfare of remaining children.
5/ Assist authorities in finding out what happened.

I would suggest they did none of the above, or what the McCanns did was half hearted

1/ Some suggest they delayed calling the police by 30 to 40 minutes. one of the Tapas 9 alerted staff then Police
2/ There is very little evidence that Gerry or Kate actually went searching! Kate remained in the apartment and Gerry's movements are Vague.
3/ They had the Resort workers produce a photo, but it was about 6 months out of date.
4/ The twins weren't disturbed from their sleep by all of the commotion. When Kate went to tell the others, she left the Twins alone, open for Abduction!
5/ The McCanns insisted that someone entered the apartment via a window, there was no evidence the widow was forced. They and them alone insisted that Maddie was abducted. For all honesty in the early stages, she could have just wandered off, as the sliding door was left unlocked. They spent a lot of time getting their story straight. they wrote out at least three versions of the time line

It doesn't necessary mean the parents did something wrong, they just don't want you to know the truth'

SquiffyRae

Team Captain
Sep 28, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
We also have the benefit of hindsight while looking at the situation as calm outsiders, unaffected by what was happening.

I think a lot of the time people making weird decisions are seen as suspicious because we know we wouldn't do that but we're also thinking logically with all the time in the world to think about it. Just as an example:

"Some suggest they delayed calling the police by 30 to 40 minutes" - unless that's confirmed we can't really take it as gospel

"The twins weren't disturbed from their sleep by all of the commotion. When Kate went to tell the others, she left the Twins alone, open for Abduction!" - tunnel-vision. If you come back and see your 3 year old kid is gone and you think they've been abducted you're gonna be thinking about the missing kid and telling others. Kate sees Maddie's gone, goes "gotta tell Gerry" and runs straight back out because she's panicking and it didn't really cross her mind she was kinda leaving her other kids open for abduction by racing off

"They and them alone insisted that Maddie was abducted" - this is also not uncommon. Abductions aren't rare but probably rarer than most people think but for parents it's one of the single most terrifying prospects out there. I wouldn't say it's crazy to think a parent seeing their young child is missing would jump to the worst case scenario first

sprockets

Cancelled
Crime Board Sleuth BeanCoiNFT Investor
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
I dunno if it's just me but I find it weird many people still have this strange I wanna almost say compulsion that the parents/friends must have been involved. The further we go, the more evidence comes out that supports the idea that they had nothing to do with it but people still cling to it because I dunno their feelings or whatever. Even if Christian B is found guilty, there'll still be some who think the parents are guilty.

I agree with owen that it's like most conspiracy theories. The average person is terrible at keeping secrets. The more people involved, the more likely it is that someone will eventually crack and either mess their story up, reveal something they shouldn't or just flat out crack altogether and tell the full story. But we haven't seen that in this case. 7 people and not one of them in 15 years has said anything that has made anyone want to go and cross-check details with other earlier stories.

The parental negligence angle is a huge red herring. Everyone going "wow I can't believe they'd do that that's so suspicious." Sure but it's only suspicious because sadly in this case something bad happened. I'm sure everyone does some stuff that technically we're not supposed to do but it's not a problem because nothing bad ever happens. But if something bad does happen, you better believe you're getting absolutely dragged for doing the same thing you've done numerous times before because this time it went wrong
Some people just love the conspiracies. There aren't a lot of topics in here that don't delve into conspiracy and it's always the usual suspects.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
It doesn't necessary mean the parents did something wrong, they just don't want you to know the truth'

I’m quite confident they did something wrong. I just happen to think it was more parental negligence than it was orchestrating the kidnapping and/or sale of their child.

They’d been drinking, they were almost definitely in a state of shock and/or panic. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think that they may not do exactly the things someone would consider best practice.

My suspicion has always been that the schedule for checking on the kids was a little less consistent and timely than has been indicated, and that it wouldn’t surprise me that the kids had been knocked out with phenergan or some such to facilitate the parents having a night on the piss.

Negligent? Yes. Criminal? No.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
I’m quite confident they did something wrong. I just happen to think it was more parental negligence than it was orchestrating the kidnapping and/or sale of their child.

They’d been drinking, they were almost definitely in a state of shock and/or panic. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think that they may not do exactly the things someone would consider best practice.

My suspicion has always been that the schedule for checking on the kids was a little less consistent and timely than has been indicated, and that it wouldn’t surprise me that the kids had been knocked out with phenergan or some such to facilitate the parents having a night on the piss.

Negligent? Yes. Criminal? No.
Absolutely, I had a situation recently where one of my 4 old girls fell over and convulsed for a few seconds.
I watched it happen yet 10 minutes later I had a hard time describing/remembering what actually happened to the ambos.
Panic/shock does strange things to you.

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Some people just love the conspiracies. There aren't a lot of topics in here that don't delve into conspiracy and it's always the usual suspects.
In google, search- PJ blood evidence

Im not here to change any body's mind. not everyone's seen the actual police files.

sprockets

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
In google, search- PJ blood evidence

Im not here to change any body's mind. not everyone's seen the actual police files.
I wasn't referring to you jmac but now I'll have to go through your posts to see if you're a conspiracist! :p

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I wasn't referring to you jmac but now I'll have to go through your posts to see if you're a conspiracist! :p
I always slip in the line about the police files. Its rare for a civilian to see the evidence gathered in an active case.
There is 10,000 pages of police evidence out there on the internet. and people sill listen to the dribble from the tabloids.
I side with the Portuguese police on this case, something dodgy went on.

The lead detective is in the News again, he's published a new book Titled "Maddie"

Catoggio76

All Australian
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
No ... is there a photo?
Yes I saw it a few months ago. Not here, but there is one floating around.

Edit, the photo looks something like the one attached here. Very similar to what I saw a few months back.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-10-16-22-43-42.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-10-16-22-43-42.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
A major development in the Madeleine case, German prosecutor's are set to go to trial.

They plan to take Christian B to Trial, ( I thought his name was Christian Brueckner, they seemed to have now shortened it Christian B)

This was announced in "The Sun Newspaper"

German prosecutor Hans Christian Wolters told the Mirror: "It is now possible that we could charge. We have that evidence now."

This is really breaking News, This ground breaking news comes on the eve on the release of a second book from the Ex lead Detective on the Portuguese's Police task force. I don't think I can name the detective, because its all headed for the courts again. He recently made some accusations in Portuguese medial when releasing his book. Could be considered inflammatory to the McCanns, lucky it was only released in Portuguese and not English.

However..... Hans Christian Wolters can only offer a "Mock Trial"

Link to the Article-

Maddie McCann prosecutor plans mock trial to test case against Christian B after saying he’s '100% certain’ he's guilty (thesun.ie)

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
So we have seen the Cleo Smith Case wrapped up pretty quickly! But what about the most expensive missing person case in the world?
I think Police forces have learnt from the Maddie debacle. Hopefully!!

There were some big errors and major differences between the two cases.

First of all, the Portuguese Police didn't seal off the crime scene and separate the parents/friends from the room. Potentially contaminating the crime scene. Any evidence of an abductor wasn't found. Was there an abductor or not is the biggest question? Although they did lock down the area fairly well, I'm confident Maddie wasn't brought out by car, boat or air.

One of the biggest differences between the two cases, is that the McCanns went to the Media pretty much straight away. They also set up a fundraising scheme, that collected millions of Pounds. They also engaged the biggest defence lawyers in the UK. There were no big lawyers defending the Smiths and the Go-funding was shut down by them, pretty much straight away. They only did one interview in eighteen days.

The UK Police spent about 10 million pounds more than they needed to do. They were mandated to search for an unknown abductor. They haven't considered other possibilities. I do suggest they stop requesting funds for this case. appears to be going nowhere. fourteen - 14 million pounds to date!

The only similarity between the two cases, it that the main stream media tried to dictate the narrative. with Australia's Ch 7 being a big culprit in both cases. Msm also keeps reporting on the Maddie case from an Stranger Abduction perspective. No evidence of an abductor has turned up

Lastly one case has a happy ending the other is not so happy. Statement analysis has suggested the Mccanns have already resigned to the fact, Maddie has past-away.

sprockets

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
So we have seen the Cleo Smith Case wrapped up pretty quickly! But what about the most expensive missing person case in the world?

First of all, the Portuguese Police didn't seal off the crime scene and separate the parents/friends from the room. Potentially contaminating the crime scene. Any evidence of an abductor wasn't found. Was there an abductor or not is the biggest question? Although they did lock down the area fairly well, I'm confident Maddie wasn't brought out by car, boat or air.

One of the biggest differences between the two cases, is that the McCanns went to the Media pretty much straight away. They also set up a fundraising scheme, that collected millions of Pounds. They also engaged the biggest defence lawyers in the UK. There were no big lawyers defending the Smiths and the Go-funding was shut down by them, pretty much straight away. They only did one interview in eighteen days.

The UK Police spent about 10 million pounds more than they needed to do. They were mandated to search for an unknown abductor. They haven't considered other possibilities. I do suggest they stop requesting funds for this case. appears to be going nowhere. fourteen - 14 million pounds to date!

The only similarity between the two cases, it that the main stream media tried to dictate the narrative. with Australia's Ch 7 being a big culprit in both cases. Msm also keeps reporting on the Maddie case from an Stranger Abduction perspective. No evidence of an abductor has turned up

Lastly one case has a happy ending the other is not so happy. Statement analysis has suggested the Mccanns have already resigned to the fact, Maddie has past-away.
While we don't know for sure at this point in time she was abducted, we'll find out pretty soon that she was. Portuguese police are confident they have the perp already in custody.

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC

I doubt the shake at the blowholes would have had cctv 14 years ago, how much that helped I don’t know.
But hey certainly seemed to be confident that the parents weren’t involved early on due to this.
I’m sure if Maddie was taken in 2021
, cameras would have helped somewhere along the line.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon

The only similarity between these two cases is that there's a young girl missing.

There's really no point whatsoever comparing the two.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
The only similarity between these two cases is that there's a young girl missing.

There's really no point whatsoever comparing the two.

There's definitely an element of parental negligence between the two

fortunatecrow

Premiership Player
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
The Age: Suspect in Madeleine McCann case ‘worked at resort’ where child vanished

By Steve Bird​

London: The German paedophile suspected of abducting Madeleine McCann “repeatedly worked” at the holiday apartments in Portugal where the child vanished, documentary makers have revealed. Christian Brueckner was said to have been employed by a company that carried out repairs at the Ocean Club, in Praia da Luz, shortly before the three-year-old British girl disappeared there in 2007.

johnymac1

All Australian
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
The Age: Suspect in Madeleine McCann case ‘worked at resort’ where child vanished

By Steve Bird​

London: The German paedophile suspected of abducting Madeleine McCann “repeatedly worked” at the holiday apartments in Portugal where the child vanished, documentary makers have revealed. Christian Brueckner was said to have been employed by a company that carried out repairs at the Ocean Club, in Praia da Luz, shortly before the three-year-old British girl disappeared there in 2007.
Ive seen the list of employees, they are mostly British, especially the Nanny's. Bar and restaurant staff were generally Locals
The Resort is run by the British for the British, Id be surprised a German national would work there, I don't know if he even speaks English well enough
The whole township is a British enclave The Resort complex is a combination of privately owned Apartments and I guess you can imagine who owned them!
The tabloids keep running this dribble, because it sells newspapers.
Portuguese and British police have both ruled out the chief suspect

Back