Unsolved Madeleine McCann - Serialized investigative podcast *New

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PenfoldsFan

Senior List
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Central Districts
It's difficult to fathom why this paedohile, in Portugal at the time didn't get more attention. At the time, when it happened not 12 years later.
Look at it from their perspective, the local economy thrives on the tourist dollar, its safer in the short term to point the finger at the Parents than admit that these types of characters are within the community and scare off future business, too many livelihoods at stake including their own.
Look at the Chamberlain case, NT relies on tourism, admitting one of thousands of wild animals roaming the countryside is capable of stealing a child from right under your nose isn't good for business, blame the parent and there's nothing more to see.

Its a terrible thought but the desire to lay blame probably took precedence over finding the child very early on.

craigos

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool

FR0GGY

Press the button
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, both doctors and devout Catholics, have always pledged never to give up the search for their daughter

What has this to do with anything? I find it odd that their religion is constantly referenced.
Because religious people don’t commit crimes.

shellyg

Community Leader
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thread starter Moderator #86
Because religious people don’t commit crimes.
Or because they do. The Catholic Church has been taking a lot of heat over what has been seen as protection of paedophile priests the last few years, not just in Australia. It's loose but News Ltd trying to link it in perhaps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FR0GGY

Press the button
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Or because they do. The Catholic Church has been taking a lot of heat over what has been seen as protection of paedophile priests the last few years, not just in Australia. It's loose but News Ltd trying to link it in perhaps.
Sorry I was being facetious.

Last edited:

sprockets

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
It's just another angle for a story to evolve. Catholic haters will comment on their religion and those 'less well off' will comment on them being privileged (so maybe they should have hired babysitters, for example). The more info the media has and prints the more it can create comment/outrage, which sells papers.

Opine

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Carlton
Do you believe, however loosely, that News Ltd was trying to make that link? or are you wanting to make that link?

I'm not sure that a reasonable inference of the article leads to implied negativity of the Catholic faith; in the same way as mentioning the fact that they are doctors would lead to negative inference of the medical profession. Typically, both references have traditionally been used to imply integrity; this is why Froggy's reply seemed, for lack a better word, reasonable.

shellyg

Community Leader
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thread starter Moderator #92
Do you believe, however loosely, that News Ltd was trying to make that link? or are you wanting to make that link?
I hadn't made the link myself until the question was raised here but did notice the reference on the initial reading. The only other time I've seen the McCanns connected to the Catholic Church was when they were still in Portugal and Madeleine not long gone.

Edit: I feel like I should however say Madeleine's abduction has nothing whatsoever to do with the McCann's religion. Nor do I believe the McCann's had anything to do with her disappearance.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Have they arrested the Podesta's as yet, or just wasting our time with yet more red herrings & deflections in order to try & mask what Wikileaks revealed clear enough.....That the 2 wanted men in connection with her abduction, fit their descriptions precisely.

shellyg

Community Leader
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thread starter Moderator #94
Have they arrested the Podesta's as yet, or just wasting our time with yet more red herrings & deflections in order to try & mask what Wikileaks revealed clear enough.....That the 2 wanted men in connection with her abduction, fit their descriptions precisely.
Whuuu?

Wikileaks and the Podesta's?

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Whuuu?

Wikileaks and the Podesta's?

Is this a serious question?

You do realise that most of what Wikileaks had on Hilary Clinton were through direct e-mAils to her campaign head in Podesta.....Crimony, they were even cited as the Podesta files FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.....Why on earth do you imagine that all the establishment want Assange silenced and/or dead.

shellyg

Community Leader
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thread starter Moderator #97
Is this a serious question?

You do realise that most of what Wikileaks had on Hilary Clinton were through direct e-mils to her campaign head in Podesta.....Crimony, they were even cited as the Podesta files.....Why on earth do you imagine that all the establishment want Assange silenced and/or dead.
Okay but was Madeleine McCann actually mentioned anywhere in all that? Because I haven't seen it ..

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Okay but was Madeleine McCann actually mentioned anywhere in all that? Because I haven't seen it ..
Given it's all been removed by Youtube, Facebook, Google etc, ever since the establishment crackdown on free-speech, then it's no surprise that you haven't.

Those Portuguese police photo-fit matches of known Paedophiles in the Podesta's, are a perfect match.....Everyone knows who did it FFS.

FR0GGY

Press the button
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Amoral said in the latest podcast the the pedophile in question is already in jail somewhere, didn’t give his name.

Top Bottom