Madonna - Madame X

Remove this Banner Ad

gopies1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Madonna is about to release her new album titled Madame X. This will be her 14th studio Album spanning her incredible 37 year career with over 335 million records sold world wide making her the highest selling female recording artist of all time. The album is influenced by Portuguese, Latin and African music. Her new single Medellin with Columbian singer Maluma released on Thursday is already the 2nd biggest song on the world iTunes chart which is pretty amazing for Madonna who is 60 years old. Her music video will be released on the 24th of April and her new album madame X will be released on 14th June. Her track list with her new single is below. Exciting times for Madonna fans. First time since 2003’s American Life that Madonna is not following trends but creating them again.

Tracklist

1. Medellín with Maluma
2. Dark Ballet
3. God Control
4. Future (feat Quavo)
5. Batuka
6. Killers who are partying
7. Crave (feat Swae Lee)
8. Crazy
9. Come Alive
10. Extreme Occident
11. Faz Gostoso
12. Bitch I’m Loca with Maluma
13. I don’t search I find
14. Looking for Merchy
15. I Rise

Last edited:

gopies1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
What horrendous accent is she putting on now?

Give it up Madonna.

lol no accident it’s how she sings. She is legend why should she give up!! Have you sold 335 million records??? I think not

Anyway her next single will be I rise on 7th May!

She will be performing at the America billboard awards on the 3rd of May

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
I don't mind it, feel this approach could work for her. Given her robust worldwide audience, I feel it is a wise opening single.

MDNA is my favourite from her this millennium.

gopies1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't mind it, feel this approach could work for her. Given her robust worldwide audience, I feel it is a wise opening single.

MDNA is my favourite from her this millennium.

Totally agree. Her next single I Rise is supposed to be a gay anthem is dedication to her LGBTQ fanbase which is be released on 7th May.

She also seems inspired and for the first time since confessions that she is not following trends. I have a feeling her next single I Rise which is supposed to be a big gay anthem dedicated to the LGBTQ community might just get her back on mainstream radio. At the end of the day Madonna has even said she does not care about charts. She is in the position now that she make make the music she wants too. No other artist has had the longevity as Madonna in terms of chart success by a female artist. In Australia her first top 10 hit was holiday in January 1984 and her last was 4 minutes in April 2008!

She is a legend and has nothing to prove

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
I
Totally agree. Her next single I Rise is supposed to be a gay anthem is dedication to her LGBTQ fanbase which is be released on 7th May.

She also seems inspired and for the first time since confessions that she is not following trends. I have a feeling her next single I Rise which is supposed to be a big gay anthem dedicated to the LGBTQ community might just get her back on mainstream radio. At the end of the day Madonna has even said she does not care about charts. She is in the position now that she make make the music she wants too. No other artist has had the longevity as Madonna in terms of chart success by a female artist. In Australia her first top 10 hit was holiday in January 1984 and her last was 4 minutes in April 2008!

She is a legend and has nothing to prove
I think her chart days are well behind her now, once you get to a certain stage of your career it is tough to regain singles chart relevancy. I don't think a "gay anthem" is going to change that. Like Kylie, she can still release some quality stuff without needing to be a chart force anymore.

I don't really care about how she has charted or how successful she has been. As long as she makes good music, which more often than not is the case.

gopies1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I

I think her chart days are well behind her now, once you get to a certain stage of your career it is tough to regain singles chart relevancy. I don't think a "gay anthem" is going to change that. Like Kylie, she can still release some quality stuff without needing to be a chart force anymore.

I don't really care about how she has charted or how successful she has been. As long as she makes good music, which more often than not is the case.

Agree 100%! Madonna has even stated that she is not after chart success anymore. She will still have no.1 albums and sell more albums then Kylie due to being a world wide megastar and will use her albums as a platform for her world tours which are always hugely successful.

Madonna has the luxury that she can basically do what ever she wants now. Her legacy and legendary status will remain. Their has never been and I’m pretty confident in saying that their will never be another female artist to have the world wide success and longevity that Madonna has. Even tho she does not receive the accolades like the Beatles, Elvis and Michael Jackson Madonna has had as many hits as those artists above her. People tend to forget how she dominated the charts world wide for the 80’s, 90’s and 00’s.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
Agree 100%! Madonna has even stated that she is not after chart success anymore. She will still have no.1 albums and sell more albums then Kylie due to being a world wide megastar and will use her albums as a platform for her world tours which are always hugely successful.

Madonna has the luxury that she can basically do what ever she wants now. Her legacy and legendary status will remain. Their has never been and I’m pretty confident in saying that their will never be another female artist to have the world wide success and longevity that Madonna has. Even tho she does not receive the accolades like the Beatles, Elvis and Michael Jackson Madonna has had as many hits as those artists above her. People tend to forget how she dominated the charts world wide for the 80’s, 90’s and 00’s.
But that's just it. A lot of Madonna fans like myself don't care too much about all that quantity of commercial achievements and status, it is just surrounding noise. We just care about her music. I don't care if it sells 1000 copies or 10 million copies, as long as it is something I dig, you know.

gopies1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
But that's just it. A lot of Madonna fans like myself don't care too much about all that quantity of commercial achievements and status, it is just surrounding noise. We just care about her music. I don't care if it sells 1000 copies or 10 million copies, as long as it is something I dig, you know.

Same here. Growing up in the 90’s I use to care about chart success and where Madonna charted. Now I just want great music from her that is experimental and different. Something we have not had since confessions on a dance floor which was one of the biggest albums of 2005!!

I have a good feeling about this album. Hopefully her next single I Rise released on 7/05/19 will be a great Madonna pop song. When Madonna does it right no one makes better pop music like Madonna

gopies1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
For a broadcaster that engages in corporate virtue signalling... good to see them copping some stick... https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/8945899/bbc-radio1-blacklist-madonna-ageism/

For a good song this Madonna song could easily be played on radio. Madonna has stated many times that she has been a victim of sexism and more importantly ageism for the past 10 years.

If Taylor swift or Rihanna released this song it would be on top of the charts on heavy rotation.

Madonna’s actual biggest detractors are actually middle aged women who imo are threatened that she is so sexual at 60 dating men in their 20’s and still looks fantastic for her age with a body of the 30 year old women That think that she should retire.

I have been amazed that for and artist who is the 4th most successful artist of all time with 335 million records sold is not considered a legend up with Elvis, the Beatles and Michael Jackson. She has as many hit and iconic singles as Elvis, the Beatles and Michael Jackson.

But again this is why I love Madonna she does not care what people think of her she is a survivor in a dominated male industry and she did it all by herself. Not to many people in the music industry have had the drive and ambition to try to be the biggest female entertainer in the world like Madonna.

But at the end of the day if I think the music is good I am one happy Madonna fan

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

R Chee Manning

Marlo Snellman
Apr 27, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Madonna billboard performance at the billboard music awards

You've encouraged me to listen to some back catalogue stuff on Spotify.

I particularly like listening to certain 'comeback' tracks she had...

Would it be fair to say 'Beautiful Stranger' was a comeback track of hers? I'm particularly fond of it because it reminds me of a time when I used to love streaming US radio stations (back in the real audio player days)... I first heard it on Z100...

Dropping a new Madonna song was such a huge thing... and back in those days it was still left to the big radio stations to premiere new music (albeit ironically that I was listening on the net).

Last edited:

gopies1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
You've encouraged me to listen to some back catalogue stuff on Spotify.

I particularly like listening to certain 'comeback' tracks she had...

Would it be fair to say 'Beautiful Stranger' was a comeback track of hers? I'm particularly fond of it because it reminds me of a time when I used to love streaming US radio stations (back in the real audio player days)... I first heard it on Z100...

Dropping a new Madonna song was such a huge thing... and back in those days it was still left to the big radio stations to premiere new music (albeit ironically that I listening on the net).

Great to hear you getting into the queen. Too bad radio stations won’t play her music due to her age. She is still the greatest female entertainer.

As to beautiful stranger being a comeback song for her it actually wasn’t. Beautiful Stranger was released in 1999 just off her huge hit album ray of light which sold 16 million albums worldwide which had huge singles as frozen and ray of light. Madonna was always releasing huge hit singles from 1984 to 2000! The only comeback single I can think of Madonna was HUNG UP in 2005 (after her poor sales from American life in 2003) which went no.1 in 41 countries (a world record)!

Amazingly Madonna has had so many hits it is astounding looking back at her back catalogue. In Australia Madonna has had 11 no.1 singles and 40 top 10 hits. In USA she has 12 no.1 hits and a record 38 top 10 hits and in the UK she has 13 no.1 hits and 63 top 10 hits. No wonder she is the most successful female recording artist of all time with 335 million records sold.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
A derivative step down from Medellin. Could see I Rise functioning okay within a tracklist, but not as closer. One of her more lacklustre singles of the decade for mine.

gopies1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
A derivative step down from Medellin. Could see I Rise functioning okay within a tracklist, but not as closer. One of her more lacklustre singles of the decade for mine.

No music video for I Rise. Madonna will be releasing one single off the album each week. The next single will be crave and future which will have a video. The other single which will have a video will be Killers who are partying which will involve drag queens so I guess that will be a lgbtq anthem that they are talking about.

On I Rise I agree not as good as Medellín but more of an album track. The rumour was that this song was an lgbtq anthem which was a song about the stonewall riots in New York in 1969. Good album track but not single worthy. But it their is no video for the song then I guess it was not attended to be a single but more for the fans who have preordered the album. Not surprised that this song is at the end of her albums as all of Madonna’s albums since erotica have all been slow to mid tempo songs.

In 15 days Madonna will perform at Eurovision the two songs she will perform will be

Craze and like a prayer

Last edited:

gopies1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Songs to be released before the album is released on the 14th June;

I Rise - 3/05
Crave feat swea lee - 10/05
Future feat Quavo - 17/05
Dark ballet - 7/06

That’s why I think Madonna does not really care too much about singles as she knows that radio will not player her music anyway even if she has a hit song like music or hung up radio ain’t going to play a 60 year old pop star. Going by the release dates the next official single with a video could well Be future with Quavo as their is a 3 week break between the next single dark ballet.

R Chee Manning

Marlo Snellman
Apr 27, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
The only comeback single I can think of Madonna was HUNG UP in 2005

Yes. Now that song was huge... a true 'return to form'... My neighbors at the time used to crank that song so much the bassline would reverb throughout the whole neighborhood... It got good airplay on B105 and Nova too..

(though not as much as at my neighbors).

R Chee Manning

Marlo Snellman
Apr 27, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
As for back catalogue songs I'm enjoying 'rediscovering'...

Dress You Up... Madonna had so many hits at the time - this one often gets overlooked... vocally powerful... poundingly catchy...
Angel... Another song that may sometimes get forgotten... Was it a double A side? I prefer her faster songs to the ballads which is probably why I like this one so much (compared to Live to tell)...

gopies1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes. Now that song was huge... a true 'return to form'... My neighbors at the time used to crank that song so much the bassline would reverb throughout the whole neighborhood... It got good airplay on B105 and Nova too..

(though not as much as at my neighbors).

Yes hung up was massive reached no.1 on the Australian charts. Also her follow up singles received great airplay and reached no.4 on the Australian charts. Madonna’s last hit was 4 minutes In 2008 reached no.1 for 3 weeks. Madonna was 49 years old at the time.

As for her back catalogue my favourite songs from each of her studio albums would be;

Madonna - burning up
Like a virgin - dress you up
True blue - live to tell
Like a prayer - like a prayer
I’m breathless - vogue
Erotica- erotica
Bedtime stories - secret
Ray of light - frozen
Music - Music
American Life - Nothing Fails
Hung Up - Hung Up
Hardy Candy - Give it 2 me
MDNA - Girl Gone Wild
Rebel Heart - ghosttown

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
This is set up to be her worst album sadly. Medellin was a solid enough single, and Crave tries, but the songs just aren't there this time around. The trap doesn't suit her (a shame because I usually like Swae Lee). You had a good run Madge, thanks for all the memories.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back