Madonna - Madame X

Remove this Banner Ad

This is set up to be her worst album sadly. Medellin was a solid enough single, and Crave tries, but the songs just aren't there this time around. The trap doesn't suit her (a shame because I usually like Swae Lee). You had a good run Madge, thanks for all the memories.

Gee she ain’t dead lol!! I I actually really like crave. Something different. Give her credit she does not repeat herself

One of the best pop singles of all time!!

Her signature song no doubt. Madonna has had so many hits it’s astonishing thinking about it!!

Anyway Madonna is releasing a new song on Friday a song called future from her new album Madame x.

My favourite song of all time from Madonna was her 1986 hit single live to tell

If Madame X goes no.1 in Australia it would be her 12th number 1 album In
Australia to go along with her 11 no.1 singles and 40 top 10 hits

New song release today Furture feat Quavo

Has a very reggae feel to it!!!

Saturday night (Sunday morning Melbourne time) Madonna will be performing on the grand final Of Eurovision! She will be performing 3 songs

1. Future
2. Hallelujah
3. Like a Prayer

I haven't liked any of the songs from this album yet. Will still listen to it in full next week to see if my mind changes after hearing the whole thing. Likely to be her worst album by far if the few songs I've heard are any indication though

I haven't liked any of the songs from this album yet. Will still listen to it in full next week to see if my mind changes after hearing the whole thing. Likely to be her worst album by far if the few songs I've heard are any indication though
Oh totally, I've just lost interest in this release. Just comes across as really confused and half-assed.

I don't mind Medellin, and Future, Dark Ballet & Crave are...listenable enough, but if that is the best your album has got then you're in a world of hurt. These would struggle to make album track on even her last few releases.

Oh totally, I've just lost interest in this release. Just comes across as really confused and half-assed.

I don't mind Medellin, and Future, Dark Ballet & Crave are...listenable enough, but if that is the best your album has got then you're in a world of hurt. These would struggle to make album track on even her last few releases.

Well all music reporters have reported that Madame X is a very different but very solid album from Madonna. We is receiving 4 out of 5 stars for her album. They have reported that the songs that have not been released are her better songs. I have heard I don’t search I Find which has not been released and it is a mixture of erotica and deeper and deeper brilliant house track. I love her new music video dark ballet absolutely brilliant. Her music videos have been brilliant this era

Would have to say video of the year.

Btw her new album is released this Friday same day as the Bruce Springsteen. Who will debut no.1?

So for those who have listened to her new Madame X album what do you guys think? I’m really enjoying it. My highlights are;

Medellin
God Control
Crave
I search I find
Looking for mercy (my fav on the album)

Give the album 4 out of 5

Her deluxe album is currently no.1 on iTunes and the standard album is no.7. Looks like it will be her 12th no.1 album in Australia 🇦🇺

I Don't Search I Find & God Control (for the most part) are okay. Still don't mind Medellin & Future. Crazy & Come Alive is one of the nicer patches. I think you have nice taste with the album's better tracks gopies1981.

But the highs here are so tame by her standards, hard to really get excited about this one. The studio album tracklist is serviceable (which excises Occident and Mercy), with only Killers being an outright dud.

It's not as tepid as the singles collectively suggested, although I think almost all of MDNA is better than anything here.

This is how I see her albums:
1. Bedtime Stories
2. Erotica
3. True Blue
4. Ray of Light
5. Madonna
^all-time faves
6. MDNA
7. American Life
8. Like a Prayer
9. Like a Virgin
10. Madame X
11. Hard Candy
12. Rebel Heart
13. Confessions
14. Music

Last edited:
I Don't Search I Find & God Control (for the most part) are okay. Still don't mind Medellin & Future. Crazy & Come Alive is one of the nicer patches. I think you have nice taste with the album's better tracks gopies1981.

But the highs here are so tame by her standards, hard to really get excited about this one. The studio album tracklist is serviceable (which excises Occident and Mercy), with only Killers being an outright dud.

It's not as tepid as the singles collectively suggested, although I think almost all of MDNA is better than anything here.

This is how I see her albums:
1. Bedtime Stories 10/10
2. Erotica 10/10
3. True Blue 9/10
4. Ray of Light 9/10
5. Madonna 9/10
6. MDNA 8/10
7. Like a Prayer 7/10
8. Confessions 7/10
the rest

Really interesting that you liked MDNA... imo one of her weakest albums. Imo her best albums are easily

1. Like a Prayer
2. Confessions
3. Ray of Light
4. Erotica
5. True Blue
6. Madame X
7. Music
8. Bedtime Stories
9. American Life
10. Rebel Heart
11. MDNA
12. Like A Virgin
13. Madonna
14. Hard Candy

Madonna has never really released a shocking album. I understand what you say about Madame X not having a killer song like for example like a prayer, vogue, music or hung up but it is a very experimental album imo her fist since Music in 2000 thanks to Mirwias who produced music, American life and most of Madame x. The thing I love about Madame x is that Madonna is not following trends and is releasing music that and sounds that people in Australia would of never heard off!

The only song I just cannot listen to on Madame X is batuka as I find it boring!

At the end how many artists are from
The 80’s are still releasing quality music.

I really do think Madame X it is a grower the more times you listen to it!!

Thank you Madonna for evolving as an artist you are one of only a handful of real music legends left on earth 🌍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm glad you are enjoying it, good for you!

I can understand MDNA not being for everyone, I just felt it really tapped into the essence of her appeal really well, it felt like back-to-basics done just right. I just can't with her debut being placed 2nd last (or Madame X higher than Bedtime Stories), but hey, that's the charm of a career which has traversed a plethora of trends. Something out there for everyone to dig, and X is another case of that.

But for 2019 pop, the likes of Carly Rae Jepsen & Dido have blown this out of the water for me.

I'm glad you are enjoying it, good for you!

I can understand MDNA not being for everyone, I just felt it really tapped into the essence of her appeal really well, it felt like back-to-basics done just right. I just can't with her debut being placed 2nd last (or Madame X higher than Bedtime Stories), but hey, that's the charm of a career which has traversed a plethora of trends. Something out there for everyone to dig, and X is another case of that.

But for 2019 pop, the likes of Carly Rae Jepsen & Dido have blown this out of the water for me.

The one thing about is that her albums are so different that that her fans love anyone of her albums. I know plenty of Madonna fans who say rebel heart is their fave or American life or hard Candy. Even I’m breathless is loved by some Madonna fans

Love Madonna but really didn’t dig the last two albums (three really, but Hard Candy had a couple of songs that did it for me). Glad to see this getting the best reviews since Confessions, though I was worried when I first saw the eyepatch. Look forward to giving it a go.

Any reference to "best since Confessions" or her age is just a lazy review to me. I'm sure we'll hear the same regarding her next album.

Well that is your opinion. Most reviews are giving the album 4 stars and is her best ratings since confessions. Madame x is her most experimental since music.

I'm starting to come around to Madame X. I think on an individual track-per-track basis it might not be as impressive as some other 21st century albums, but as a collection I find it quite fun and compelling! MDNA & American Life are the only 21st century ones I prefer in whole. I'm fine with the others as well, but find them a tad overlong, monotonous or lacking in her presence by comparison. The 13 track Madame X never feels like that to me. A top 10 release from her, imperfect but engaging for the full-length.

How do you feel about Batuka now? I really dig that one. Can grate by that 5th minute though.

Last edited:
I'm starting to come around to Madame X. I think on an individual track-per-track basis it might not be as impressive as some other 21st century albums, but as a collection I find it quite fun and compelling! MDNA & American Life are the only 21st century ones I prefer in whole. I'm fine with the others as well, but find them a tad overlong, monotonous or lacking in her presence by comparison. The 13 track Madame X never feels like that to me. A top 10 release from her, imperfect but engaging for the full-length.

How do you feel about Batuka now? I really dig that one. Can grate by that 5th minute though.

The album is a real grower. It is so different to what Madonna has ever done. You need to get the 15 track deluxe addition with extreme occident and looking for mercy (my fav track)!! You are right that Madame x is much better when you listen to the album as a whole. Batuka is slowing growing on me.....I love the beats but the singing not so much.

Madonna’s next single is her disco song god control (song about gun control) where set in the late 1970’s Madonna is dancing in studio 54 and their is a mass shooting in the club where everyone including Madonna are all get shot and die by a gun man. Seen the preview on Madonna’s Facebook page.

Out of the 15 songs on the album only batuka and bitch I’m loca I’m
Not that keen on. What I love about Madame X is it takes you around the world to Portugal, Brazil, Columbia, France, Jamaica and the states in terms of musical influences. My fav songs in order at the moment on the record are;

1. Looking for mercy
2. God control
3. Faz gostovo
4. Medellín
5. Crave
6. I search I find
7. Killers who are partying
8. Crazy
9. Come alive
10. future
11. Extreme Occident
12. I Rise
13. Dark ballet
14. Bitch I’m Loca
15. Batuka

13 out of 15 songs that I can listen too are just fantastic

After a few of her recent ones like Rebel Heart & Hard Candy being a tad too long for their own good, I've become very suspicious of a 55 min more-than-dozen Madonna tracklist. Initially I wanted to excise 2-3 tracks (things like Killers, Loca & I Rise). But I've come to accept them now for what they are. 13 tracks is about right. I don't mind the Deluxe tracks, but I typically set those tracks aside for separate listening (especially mid-album bonus). Sometimes an album is so good that it can't be harmed by more decent content though (e.g. Dedication, ANTI, etc.). Depends on the spirit of the release I guess, if it feels up for more. Otherwise I treat them like special features. Occasionally Australians get some decent bonus track editions with extra hits that enhance the overall studio release.

My faves at the moment would include:
I don't search, I find
God Control
Medellin
Come Alive

Maybe Batuka & Future next.

After a few of her recent ones like Rebel Heart & Hard Candy being a tad too long for their own good, I've become very suspicious of a 55 min more-than-dozen Madonna tracklist. Initially I wanted to excise 2-3 tracks (things like Killers, Loca & I Rise). But I've come to accept them now for what they are. 13 tracks is about right. I don't mind the Deluxe tracks, but I typically set those tracks aside for separate listening (especially mid-album bonus). Sometimes an album is so good that it can't be harmed by more decent content though (e.g. Dedication, ANTI, etc.). Depends on the spirit of the release I guess, if it feels up for more. Otherwise I treat them like special features. Occasionally Australians get some decent bonus track editions with extra hits that enhance the overall studio release.

My faves at the moment would include:
I don't search, I find
God Control
Medellin
Come Alive

Maybe Batuka & Future next.

Madonna has even stated that the album is best listened too with head phones in a quite and dark room..

Madonna also said that their is no female pop star doing what she is doing with experimental sounds tAlking about gun comtrol and supporting minority groups. This album is not for conservative America like Bruce Springsteen’s album.

Apparently it is a very tight race to the no.1 album for Madonna and Bruce Springsteen. It’s Like 1984 revisited lol

It will be an interesting battle here as well. Both can still pull in some decent physical sales and digital downloads I'd imagine. Historically Madonna would be the surer bet in Australia, but the 5.5 year gap since Bruce's last album might give him the edge. Hayden James also has one of those overdue local debut albums which should debut very high.

It will be an interesting battle here as well. Both can still pull in some decent physical sales and digital downloads I'd imagine. Historically Madonna would be the surer bet in Australia, but the 5.5 year gap since Bruce's last album might give him the edge. Hayden James also has one of those overdue local debut albums which should debut very high.

If Madame X debuts at no.1 it will be her 12th no.1 album which will place her in 2nd place with Jimmy Barnes. U2 is first with 14. Madonna’s no.1 albums are;

1. True Blue
2. I’m breathless
3. The immaculate collection
4. Erotica
5. Bedtime stories
6 Something to remember
7. Ray of light
8. Confessions on a dance floor
9. Hard Candy
10. MDNA
11. Rebel Heart

Madame X will debut in
The states with 100,000 sales which will be her 9th no.1 album. She is only 1 behind Barbra Streisand for most no.1 albums out of female artists

Madame x will debut at no.2 in the UK with 30,000 sales

Remove this Banner Ad

Back