Madonna Rebel Heart Tour

Remove this Banner Ad

I can feel a big, big pile of statistical mumbo jumbo being fired back at you here. Most successful female artist blah, blah, blah...zillions of dollars in ticket sales blah, blah, blah....most number ones over a 120 year period blah, blah, blah. If you're really lucky, you may even get told that Madonna now shreds on the guitar.
Madonna actually writes her song and play the guitar

You have a strange concept of the words consistently and constantly.

85% of her hits are 1998 and before.

And her Most successful single world wide was hung up in 2005! Reached no.1 in 45 countries!!

Actually 90% percent of her hits were from 2000 and before! The only world wide hits Madonna had after 2000 ( which were American Pie, Music and don't tell) were die another day, hung up, sorry and 4 minutes!!

And her Most successful single world wide was hung up in 2005! Reached no.1 in 45 countries!!

Shamelessly ripping off ABBA in the process...it's a bloody godawful song.

Reckon the film clip may have had something to do it's success?

Actually 90% percent of her hits were from 2000 and before! The only world wide hits Madonna had after 2000 ( which were American Pie, Music and don't tell) were die another day, hung up, sorry and 4 minutes!!
Are you making my point for me here?

Well her longevity far out weights prince and Michael Jackson!!

They are classified as music legends and rightly so, but Madonna still has doubters!!!

Madonna has had chart toppers and has Atleast 1 top 10 single from each of her albums from 1983 to 2012 in the states (the biggest music market). The only album which did not have Atleast 1 top 10 hit single was from rebel heart but that was due to her age not quality of her music.

Shamelessly ripping off ABBA in the process...it's a bloody godawful song.

Reckon the film clip may have had something to do it's success?

No it was a very catchy song which appealed to the masses!! It was only the flute part in the abba song gimme gimme a man after midnight which Madonna copied!! Has nothing to do with the video clip.

ITT - Man tries to convince rest of thread Madonna is great and cannot accept people have different opinions.

Get a grip. People don't like her, nor do they have to. Accept it and stop carrying on like a 6 year old who has just been told his friend doesn't like the same TV show as him.

No way.

This is awesome.

It's like watching a car crash in slow motion.

You go gopies.

The inadvertent gogo above is not an invitation to tell me how good George Michael or Belinda Carlisle are.

Madonna is the Queen!!!

Like Madonna says "nobody ****s with the queen"

Well that settles it then.....can't argue with that.

Love your passion. I'd be doing the same if somebody was dissing Springsteen.

Still doesn't make me like Madonna though.

Well that settles it then.....can't argue with that.

Love your passion. I'd be doing the same if somebody was dissing Springsteen.

Still doesn't make me like Madonna though.

Exactly mate! I'm not a huge fan of Bruce Springteen but I know he is an icon and legend in the music business! Not too many of them left!!

Madonna is the same an icon and legend in her own right! No female has made a bigger impact in pop culture then Madonna. Madonna along with the others I have mentioned are really the last legends in the music industry! There really is no other icon/legend after the 80's!

In reality the only living legends left are;

Paul McCartney
Elton John
Bruce Springsteen
Madonna
Prince

If people think Taylor or Adele will be music legends they are kidding themselves. Times are different and people get bored very easily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly mate! I'm not a huge fan of Bruce Springteen but I know he is an icon and legend in the music business! Not too many of them left!!

Madonna is the same an icon and legend in her own right! No female has made a bigger impact in pop culture then Madonna. Madonna along with the others I have mentioned are really the last legends in the music industry! There really is no other icon/legend after the 80's!

In reality the only living legends left are;

Paul McCartney
Elton John
Bruce Springsteen
Madonna
Prince

If people think Taylor or Adele will be music legends they are kidding themselves. Times are different and people get bored very easily.
Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, Jagger and Richards, Brian Wilson, Neil Peart and Geddy Lee, Roger Waters and David Gilmore, Page Plant and Jones, Stevie Nicks, Neil Young, Santana, Patti Smith, Tom Petty, Kenny G, Aretha Franklin

You're right. there are no music legends alive anymore

also, album of the year Grammys - Taylor Swift 2, Madonna 0

Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton, Jagger and Richards, Brian Wilson, Neil Peart and Geddy Lee, Roger Waters and David Gilmore, Page Plant and Jones, Stevie Nicks, Neil Young, Santana, Patti Smith, Tom Petty, Kenny G, Aretha Franklin

You're right. there are no music legends alive anymore

also, album of the year Grammys - Taylor Swift 2, Madonna 0

So that makes Taylor more influencual then Madonna and a legend????

Madonna has made a bigger impact in music then Taylor!!

Madonna has had 6 albums that have sold over 10 million albums world wide, Taylor has had 0!!

The immaculate collection - 28 million (highest selling greatest hits album by a solo artist)
True blue - 23 million
Like a Virgin - 21 million
Ray of light - 16 million
Music - 11 million
Something to remember - 10 million

Madonna is also the highest selling female artist with over 300 million records sold world wide (200 million albums and 125 million singles)

In 2014 Madonna was ranked no.2 only behind the Beatles in being the 2nd most successful artist based on sales (album plus singles sales) on the billboard American charts!!

Taylor's big at the moment but Taylor will never have the impact on what Madonna has had in pop culture!!! Adele is atm the biggest music star on the planet not Taylor !

The last big music legends came from the 80's Michael Jackson, Madonna and Prince.

Music has changed! Mostly due to the internet and kids have far more options now to access all different kinds of music!!! I would be very shocked if Taylor and Adele are still successful in 5 years time. Radio really stops playing female artists over 30 now days! We live in a very ageist society! The days of Madonna and Cher ( who is a legend her self) having hits over 50 are long gone!

Female artist including Taylor Swift have looked upto Madonna as an inspiration Taylor even said that before she performed with Madonna at the I-heart radio awards performing "ghosttown""!

So that makes Taylor more influencual then Madonna and a legend????
Well there are many people who would consider an aoty grammy award the crowning achievement of an artists career and the most prestigious award in the music business. Recognition from your peers and the industry that you produced the best work of music that year. TayTaySwizzles has 2 of them while Madonna has none of them

Madonna has made a bigger impact in music then Taylor!!

Madonna has had 6 albums that have sold over 10 million albums world wide, Taylor has had 0!!

The immaculate collection - 28 million (highest selling greatest hits album by a solo artist)
True blue - 23 million
Like a Virgin - 21 million
Ray of light - 16 million
Music - 11 million
Something to remember - 10 million

Madonna is also the highest selling female artist with over 300 million records sold world wide (200 million albums and 125 million singles)

In 2014 Madonna was ranked no.2 only behind the Beatles in being the 2nd most successful artist based on sales (album plus singles sales) on the billboard American charts!!

Taylor's big at the moment but Taylor will never have the impact on what Madonna has had in pop culture!!! Adele is atm the biggest music star on the planet not Taylor !
Oh so it's all about albums sales. Critical acclaim doesn't come into it.
s**t, guess Rihanna is better than Madonna then. she's certainly had a bigger impact

Madonna released her first album in 82, 34 years ago. in that time she has sold 300 million records at a rate of 8.8million per year. Rihanna released her first album in 05, 11 years ago. in that time she has sold 200 million records at a rate of 18 million per year. She also has more number one songs in those 11 years than Madonnas entire career.

according to wiki Madonna has 146 releases (singles + albums) giving an average of 205k sales per release
Rihanna has 72 releases (singles + albums) giving an average of 2.7 million sales per release

and as you go on to say, music has changed. people have access to so much more and they don't buy music as much as they used to. That just makes what Rihanna has done even more impressive
The last big music legends came from the 80's Michael Jackson, Madonna and Prince.

Music has changed! Mostly due to the internet and kids have far more options now to access all different kinds of music!!! I would be very shocked if Taylor and Adele are still successful in 5 years time. Radio really stops playing female artists over 30 now days! We live in a very ageist society! The days of Madonna and Cher ( who is a legend her self) having hits over 50 are long gone!
So Kurt Kobain wasn't a legend then? he certainly do anything important like create music that defined a generation. but no I guess you're right.

What about Mariah Carey or Eminem are they also not legend worthy? neither of them do anything important. How about Dr Dre (well maybe you can say he was from the 80's)?

Female artist including Taylor Swift have looked upto Madonna as an inspiration Taylor even said that before she performed with Madonna at the I-heart radio awards performing "ghosttown""!
Newsflash, stars of today inspired by stars of yesterday. In a few years time all the big new female singers will be talking about how they were influenced by Rihanna, Swift and Adele.

Well there are many people who would consider an aoty grammy award the crowning achievement of an artists career and the most prestigious award in the music business. Recognition from your peers and the industry that you produced the best work of music that year. TayTaySwizzles has 2 of them while Madonna has none of them

Oh so it's all about albums sales. Critical acclaim doesn't come into it.
s**t, guess Rihanna is better than Madonna then. she's certainly had a bigger impact

Madonna released her first album in 82, 34 years ago. in that time she has sold 300 million records at a rate of 8.8million per year. Rihanna released her first album in 05, 11 years ago. in that time she has sold 200 million records at a rate of 18 million per year. She also has more number one songs in those 11 years than Madonnas entire career.

according to wiki Madonna has 146 releases (singles + albums) giving an average of 205k sales per release
Rihanna has 72 releases (singles + albums) giving an average of 2.7 million sales per release

and as you go on to say, music has changed. people have access to so much more and they don't buy music as much as they used to. That just makes what Rihanna has done even more impressive

So Kurt Kobain wasn't a legend then? he certainly do anything important like create music that defined a generation. but no I guess you're right.

What about Mariah Carey or Eminem are they also not legend worthy? neither of them do anything important. How about Dr Dre (well maybe you can say he was from the 80's)?

Newsflash, stars of today inspired by stars of yesterday. In a few years time all the big new female singers will be talking about how they were influenced by Rihanna, Swift and Adele.

Rihanna while good has no way near a bigger impact in pop culture then Madonna!!

Rihanna's last album flopped!! At the same age 28 Madonna was the biggest female star on the planet!! Madonna is the highest selling female artist! No artist will not over take her especially album sales!

Also Madonna is the most successful solo touring artist of all time!!

Rihanna has had more number no.1 singles in the states with 13 Madonna has had 12 Madonna has had more number 1 albums with 7 Rihanna only has 1! Madonna has more top 10 hits more then any other artist in the states with 38 Rihanna has 25!

Rihanna also has never written any of her songs she is just a puppet but Rihanna has also stated many times that her biggest influence when she was a little girl was Madonna.

In every other major music market Madonna has had More no.1 hits then Rihanna including Australia.

Madonna has 11 to Rihanna 8!

Their is also no guareentees that Rihanna may never get another no.1 hit!!

Madonna was also inducted into the Rock and roll hall of fame in 2008!! Let's see how Rihanna and Taylor measure up in 20 years from now!!

This talk about winning Album of the year Grammy's as if this was a great achievement. It isn't. Go and have a look at some of the s**t albums that have won and have a look at the really great albums that haven't.

This talk about winning Album of the year Grammy's as if this was a great achievement. It isn't. Go and have a look at some of the s**t albums that have won and have a look at the really great albums that haven't.
Frank Sinatra - Come dance with me
Frank Sinatra - September of my years
Frank Sinatra - A man and his music
Judy Garland - Judy at Carnegie Hall
The Beatles - Sgt Peppers
Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge over troubled water
Stevie Wonder - Innervision
Stevie Wonder - Fulfillingness first finale
Stevie Wonder - Songs in the key of life
Paul Simon - Still crazy after all these years
Paul Simon - Graceland
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
Billie Joel - 52nd street
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Lionel Richie - Can't slow down
Phil Collins - No jacket required
U2 - Joshua tree
Eric Clapton - Unplugged
Bob Dylan - Time out of mind
Lauren Hill - The miseducation of Lauryn Hill
Santana - Supernatural
Outkast - Speakerboxxx/The love below
Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
Daft Punk - Random access memories
Beck - Morning Phase

Yeah what a bunch of s**t kickers. I'd hate to be associated with any of those albums

Frank Sinatra - Come dance with me
Frank Sinatra - September of my years
Frank Sinatra - A man and his music
Judy Garland - Judy at Carnegie Hall
The Beatles - Sgt Peppers
Simon and Garfunkel - Bridge over troubled water
Stevie Wonder - Innervision
Stevie Wonder - Fulfillingness first finale
Stevie Wonder - Songs in the key of life
Paul Simon - Still crazy after all these years
Paul Simon - Graceland
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
Billie Joel - 52nd street
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Lionel Richie - Can't slow down
Phil Collins - No jacket required
U2 - Joshua tree
Eric Clapton - Unplugged
Bob Dylan - Time out of mind
Lauren Hill - The miseducation of Lauryn Hill
Santana - Supernatural
Outkast - Speakerboxxx/The love below
Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
Daft Punk - Random access memories
Beck - Morning Phase

Yeah what a bunch of s**t kickers. I'd hate to be associated with any of those albums
I never said all were s**t but some of the ones you have listed are. Where is Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Doors, Bowie, the Rolling Stones, Roxy Music, Neil Young, CSNY, The Police. Spare me your indignation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back