(Log in to remove this ad.)

drd23

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Not sure how to feel about that story.

One hand, I agree with her how the "experts" are just the face and mouthpiece of the producers pairing people up to create drama. On the other, we've had reality tv as a genre for over 15 years. They should know what they're signing up for by now. They want the quick and easy fame, but ignore what it takes to get it.
Yeah, she has a point but it also screams of someone chasing after lost fame. As you say, very little to none of the manipuation that behind the scenes of a show like MAFS should surprise anyone who's paid attention to 'reality tv'

The fact that she's told (or more likely, sold) this story to Ch 7 and Sunday Night loses the story some impact/credibility imo

Hawthorn United

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MUFC, Storm, Rebels
Yeah, she has a point but it also screams of someone chasing after lost fame. As you say, very little to none of the manipuation that behind the scenes of a show like MAFS should surprise anyone who's paid attention to 'reality tv'

The fact that she's told (or more likely, sold) this story to Ch 7 and Sunday Night loses the story some impact/credibility imo
It's also a bit of an opposing network trying to give negative stories on a successful show too. Today Tonight/ACA do that a lot with other reality tv shows not on their network.

drd23

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Won't tolerate ******** and will stand up against "what is morally wrong" but was happy enough not to say anything until now?

Kyptastic

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Essendon
It's also a bit of an opposing network trying to give negative stories on a successful show too. Today Tonight/ACA do that a lot with other reality tv shows not on their network.
It's also pretty hypocritical given they'll probably have ads for their own version of MAFS during the program

AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
The thing I don't get about Lauren is that she never came across as anything bad until she started telling everyone stuff after the fact.

Her break up with Matt was just sad, I thought (I should know having edited that episode).

I think she is just unhappy she got rejected.

LukeParkerno1

Make me an Admin!
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
She’s rightly annoyed that Matt was just a shocking match. She may come across as petty but there is a line, contestants should have some say in terms of the partners a bit. Doubt Lauren would have wanted a Virgin at all.

AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
She’s rightly annoyed that Matt was just a shocking match. She may come across as petty but there is a line, contestants should have some say in terms of the partners a bit. Doubt Lauren would have wanted a Virgin at all.
I'm sure she has seen the show before and witnessed the 1% success rate.

I'm also sure she would have been fine if she had ended things and not the other way around. She's a brat.

LukeParkerno1

Make me an Admin!
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
I'm sure she has seen the show before and witnessed the 1% success rate.

I'm also sure she would have been fine if she had ended things and not the other way around. She's a brat.
Maybe but there are always two sides to the story. Terrible match he didn’t even seem remotely genuine just came across as weird.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Maybe but there are always two sides to the story. Terrible match he didn’t even seem remotely genuine just came across as weird.
You are correct, there are two sides. And because Matt isn't a psycho, we haven't heard his.

He simply wasn't interested after a while. tough titties.

LukeParkerno1

Make me an Admin!
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
You are correct, there are two sides. And because Matt isn't a psycho, we haven't heard his.

He simply wasn't interested after a while. tough titties.
That’s why the contestants should have a bit more say. You could tell after a week it was a ridiculous match.

LukeParkerno1

Make me an Admin!
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
soooooooo tough titties?
Should be able to request a change though. Could make for a higher success rate. Isn’t that what we want?

I mean I’d rather more crazy Innes types but you blokes seem to not like that for some reason. Surely the alternative is more success stories.

Has to be something to be learnt.

Both sides have been poor let’s be realistic here. Matt used her (his choice) and she’s a dead set muppet. Both are bad enough.

AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Matt used her (his choice)
What?

Man I think you're just sticking up for the blonde.

She has gone on an absolute tirade about the makers of the show. Matt has not.

Think about why. She wasn't treated any better or worse than the other contestants AND she doesn't look as bad as most.

Royces Hart

I’m not your therapist
AFL Club
Richmond
What?

Man I think you're just sticking up for the blonde.

She has gone on an absolute tirade about the makers of the show. Matt has not.

Think about why. She wasn't treated any better or worse than the other contestants AND she doesn't look as bad as most.
Yeah I hardly think Matt used her. The bloke took himself to hospital to try and get out of sleeping with her.

Fuzzy Wuzzy Bear

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
lakers
Lauren then shared a poll, asking: “Would you be happy to have four men film a shower scene of you with nothing other than a small towel covering your parts?”
The swinger slapper who likes to openly cuckold whatever man she is with is uncomfortable with being filmed. lol

Good to see she pulled out the ol' "I was joking about all of that swinger n cuckold stuff" excuse though. Is that the new 'my account was hacked' cop out?

Probably knows no man in the country worth his salt will see her as long term material now.

Last edited:
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melb Stars, Man U, USC, NY Mets
It’s so funny Clare saying she didn’t meet the experts until about 2 weeks in. I knew they never had any vested interest in getting positive outcomes just drama. Saying that Ch7 are a bit hypocritical when their own shows gave people who belittle and bully people as well.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Top Bottom