FTA-TV MAFS Feb 3 2020- where you'll need to stop swearing- we don't speak unemployed

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the article MEB_

Can’t read it lol

Gossip Queen: MAFS star Jessika Power sets her sights on Magpie Jordan De Goey
Fiona Byrne, Sunday Herald Sun
May 4, 2019 8:58pm

Reality starlet Jessika ‘Super’ Power is done with #MAFS blokes and instead has a Magpie in her sights.
The breakout star of this season of Married At First Sight, Power has picked up the pieces of her shattered heart after a rocky ride on smash hit show with Dan Webb, Nic Jovanovic and Mick Gould, and is taking a positive step forward in her quest for love.
And having purred seductively last week about her new-found appreciation for AFL footballers, it has emerged that her affection for the code is thanks to Collingwood, or more specifically Magpie superstar Jordan De Goey.
READ MORE:
JESSIKA POWER WANTS TO BE AN AFL WAG
POWER SAYS SHE WANTS ON THE BLOCK
MARTHA WAS ‘SICK OF BEING HIT ON BY BUMS’

70243d69dbfb022a5b09194baa7d0298

Jessika Power. Picture: Fiona Byrne
b5590c9c51aa0e6bde47572a3af90de9

Jordan de Goey. Picture: AAP
The pair have struck up a firm friendship after a series of dates in February.

They first met through friends at a party in St Kilda during the off season while Power was on a break from her now completely defunct relationship with Webb.

“Yes, I went on three dates with Jordan and Jordan and I, we speak regularly,” Power said.

“This (their dates) was when Dan and I broke up for the first time at the start of the year.”

Power said she was ready for a new beau.

“I just want someone who can make me laugh, with beautiful eyes and good teeth,” she said.

“I want someone who doesn’t look at me and go, ‘she is really good looking, let’s date her.’ I want someone who sees past all the superficial crap that they see.

“Dan is definitely well left in the dust. I just want to move forward,”.

In last week’s Sunday Herald Sun Power revealed her interest in AFL — specifically the look of the players.

“I am definitely not moving to Melbourne, I can’t stand the weather, however the footballers here are tip top,” she said.

Her comments resulted a rash of direct messages to her social media account from players keen to help her grow her interest in the finer points of the game - or just keen to meet her.

a1230e8ae44b83e33ac3f173f4cbbb9a
Power says she’s done with her ex, Dan Webb, and is ready to move on with a new AFL beau.
It would seem Married At First Sight was a TV favourite with the Sydney Swans in particular.

“I don’t want to say any names,” a demure Power said.

similars

“What I will say is I had two Sydney Swans players and one Geelong player contact me.

“There is still hope (of becoming a WAG),” she laughed.

And she is certainly open to returning to reality TV.

“I would love to do Love Island,” she said, in what should be music to the ears of Channel 9 executives.

fiona.byrne@news.com.au

Jul 16, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MUFC, Storm, Rebels
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
I don't remember much from season two but I do remember that the fella she was with gave out massive wife bashing vibes, so fair enough for her to speak out.

I don't remember much from season two but I do remember that the fella she was with gave out massive wife bashing vibes, so fair enough for her to speak out.

Was that seasons villain so to speak no one liked him at all

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Not sure how to feel about that story.

One hand, I agree with her how the "experts" are just the face and mouthpiece of the producers pairing people up to create drama. On the other, we've had reality tv as a genre for over 15 years. They should know what they're signing up for by now. They want the quick and easy fame, but ignore what it takes to get it.
Yeah, she has a point but it also screams of someone chasing after lost fame. As you say, very little to none of the manipuation that behind the scenes of a show like MAFS should surprise anyone who's paid attention to 'reality tv'

The fact that she's told (or more likely, sold) this story to Ch 7 and Sunday Night loses the story some impact/credibility imo

Jul 16, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MUFC, Storm, Rebels
Yeah, she has a point but it also screams of someone chasing after lost fame. As you say, very little to none of the manipuation that behind the scenes of a show like MAFS should surprise anyone who's paid attention to 'reality tv'

The fact that she's told (or more likely, sold) this story to Ch 7 and Sunday Night loses the story some impact/credibility imo
It's also a bit of an opposing network trying to give negative stories on a successful show too. Today Tonight/ACA do that a lot with other reality tv shows not on their network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back