FTA-TV MAFS: Where you get matching tatts before you've even hid the snag

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All MAFS watchers and posters.

This thread is given a lot of rope with posting especially around insults of contestants (mostly deserved) BUT you need to ensure to abide by the site rules on profanity, racism, homophobia, sexism, misogyny etc etc etc.

Ill be explicitly clear, a minor infraction will get a deletion and a warning, a second minor infraction will be a thread ban, a serious infraction will be an automatic thread ban or worse.

The show is in poor taste (probably why we love it) and thus the posting can also be but there is a line and we need to remember and respect that.

I'm sure they'd not cast everyone to be a villain, look at the beat up when they finally had a couple stay together last year. The show needs SOME credibility, some facade of genuine intentions, or it will not work anymore. People won't tune in for manufactured drama and situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything I have been hearing about this series makes me think it is not going to work. Although, no doubt it will do huge numbers early.

The first few episodes (screened to critics) are all about love.

They think people want it to be less trashy. I saw some interview where the producer referred to the bushfires as being a reason for this.

They are bringing back the most obnoxious character from last year (and not in a good way), Elizabeth.

I'm sure they'd not cast everyone to be a villain, look at the beat up when they finally had a couple stay together last year. The show needs SOME credibility, some facade of genuine intentions, or it will not work anymore. People won't tune in for manufactured drama and situations.

IMO, the show has worked amazingly the last 2 years because of 3 people. Davina, Ines, and Jess.

3 young girls who basically were happy to act like Ho's on tv. Everything else fed from that.

If they take that away, people will lose interest.

IMO, the show has worked amazingly the last 2 years because of 3 people. Davina, Ines, and Jess.

3 young girls who basically were happy to act like Ho's on tv. Everything else fed from that.

If they take that away, people will lose interest.

You need a counter though, and last year it was Cyrell. It they all play up, of nobody calls them out, then there is no drama.

For every Jess, Martha and Ines, you need a fiery Filo chick with a Lebanese accent.

The key for MAFS now is any publicity is good publicity. Everybody is talking about MAFS, not MKR nor whatever 10 has on. I have clients say to me did you the crap on MAFS last night and it’s not just the women. Whether they watch snippets of the show, read something about it, it’s got a lot people sucked in to talking about.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nah Ines was too much, too in ya face. Last season improved a lot after she went, because the Jessica stuff was unexpected and out of nowhere.

She had a few funny lines but she was a cow of a person and the cheating was so predictable.

You need a counter though, and last year it was Cyrell. It they all play up, of nobody calls them out, then there is no drama.

For every Jess, Martha and Ines, you need a fiery Filo chick with a Lebanese accent.

Yes, you need the counter. But you need the bait in the first place.

Everything was driven by those three girls. Then you get Mike and Cyrell making it funny and entertaining.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What were the 3 biggest 'scandals' from the last 2 seasons that were always saved to the end of each episode.

Davina and Visionz
Ines and Chicken Pox
Jess and 'Ive got the feels'.

You eliminate those 3 girls, and the show is dull.

Some little insights into the new people.

As usual the guys seem relatively stable compared to the broads.

mish has a touch of the effies abouther

While you do need success stories, couples like Cam and Jules are s**t. No trials or tribulations. Imagine if mike and Heidi had worked out? They’d be Australia’s royal couple. King Mike, Knight me baby!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back