FTA-TV MAFS: Where you get matching tatts before you've even hid the snag

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All MAFS watchers and posters.

This thread is given a lot of rope with posting especially around insults of contestants (mostly deserved) BUT you need to ensure to abide by the site rules on profanity, racism, homophobia, sexism, misogyny etc etc etc.

Ill be explicitly clear, a minor infraction will get a deletion and a warning, a second minor infraction will be a thread ban, a serious infraction will be an automatic thread ban or worse.

The show is in poor taste (probably why we love it) and thus the posting can also be but there is a line and we need to remember and respect that.

Yeh... again, not having a go at DapperJong but there’s a difference between an “edit” (Liam’s comments about them chopping up what he said to Georgia the previous dinner party) and an “edit” where you just straight up ignore or cut out a while swathe of info that changes a pretty important part of the narrative.

I think MAFS dicked up by not showing that last night.

ok fine, so why didn't he mention it in his video? Cos it's make him look bad! And who else knows what's on the cutting room floor that saves him (and everyone else) looking like a twat.

I'm totally fine with him explaining himself but again, it's not the show. He chose to bring it into the realm of the show, we cut it out.
I’m not really disagreeing with you but

- if it made him look bad then leave it all in. At the moment he controls this narrathve because yiu guys left all of it out.
- it is the show. We are at the point where so much outside of the show gets brought into it. Booka/Brett’s kiss is yet another example, there are tons of them at this point.

You’ve chosen not to air this one, that’s cool (also not “you” specifically but you as the company man) to me, the reasons/excuses aren’t great.

Yeh... again, not having a go at DapperJong but there’s a difference between an “edit” (Liam’s comments about them chopping up what he said to Georgia the previous dinner party) and an “edit” where you just straight up ignore or cut out a while swathe of info that changes a pretty important part of the narrative.

I think MAFS dicked up by not showing that last night.

I know you're not having a go at me.

But it's actually not part of the MAFS narrative. Liam And Georgia broke up at final vows. That's the MAFS narrative. Anything else is not the show.

If we were to show one sentence discussing that video, we would have to spend two segments telling the whole thing, showing/explaining the video etc etc, when they are a B story at best.

Nope.

But it's actually not part of the MAFS narrative. Liam And Georgia broke up at final vows. That's the MAFS narrative. Anything else is not the show.

If we were to show one sentence discussing that video, we would have to spend two segments telling the whole thing, showing/explaining the video etc etc, when they are a B story at best.

Nope.
Not a B story now.

And again, Booka and Brett’s kiss, Bryce secret girlfriend. I’m sure there’s a ton of others I can’t think of right now.

It’s a choice and that’s fine, just own it as a choice.

The story will be forgotten in a week he’s just after his minutes of fame. Pity Georgia will more likely have more things post show anyway.

We will all move on to the next one

PS: Everyone check Innes’ Insta it’s awesome lol

Not a B story now.

In the show they still are, and most certainly at the time it was edited. in the public eye, maybe not.

And again, Booka and Brett’s kiss, Bryce secret girlfriend. I’m sure there’s a ton of others I can’t think of right now.

I've explained that already and given you another example as to why these choices are made and why each scenario is different.

Last edited:
ok fine, so why didn't he mention it in his video? Cos it's make him look bad! And who else knows what's on the cutting room floor that saves him (and everyone else) looking like a twat.

I'm totally fine with him explaining himself but again, it's not the show. He chose to bring it into the realm of the show, we cut it out.
I get it, even if I don't agree with it.

Not a B story now.

Like Dapper said regarding the Bryce girlfriend stuff, they didn't want to but it was banged on about so often it was impossible to ignore.

This was only part of one dinner party.

What is Booka and Brett's kiss?

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Like Dapper said regarding the Bryce girlfriend stuff, they didn't want to but it was banged on about so often it was impossible to ignore.

This was only part of one dinner party.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
Booka and Jake*

Could have absolutely ignored that if they wanted to.

Again, im not having a go at Dapper but i think its pretty evident they made a choice here, Dappers reasons are fine, i dont agree with them but the whole "it wasnt part of the show" is bullshit. B story, not important etc etc. Fine, i dont agree but fine but not part of the show is just silly.

Nope.
Could you even show the video? My understanding is that Georgia was the one that posted it to Instagram Stories - if that is the case, doesn't she in effect have the rights to the video? If that's the case, unless there's something in their contracts that say otherwise, wouldn't that mean she would need to okay it being aired within MAFS (which she obviously wouldn't do, especially so if the narrative around why she is even on the show is even partly true)?

Should there be more accountability by networks? I think so. Will there ever be? No. 9 is there to make money like the rest of them, they don't care about the people on their shows. It's like every other reality TV show, doesn't matter what channel it is. Drama sells unfortunately.

In general we get the TV shows we deserve I think.

I saw you mention there's a Liam part 2 vid on Instagram, any chance you can link?

Bryce secret GF = important because it may effect the relationship and their story

Jason being a ******* after the show was done = not a thing to do with Liam and Georgie's relationship

Booka/Jake kiss = yeah, could have ignored that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could you even show the video? My understanding is that Georgia was the one that posted it to Instagram Stories - if that is the case, doesn't she in effect have the rights to the video? If that's the case, unless there's something in their contracts that say otherwise, wouldn't that mean she would need to okay it being aired within MAFS (which she obviously wouldn't do, especially so if the narrative around why she is even on the show is even partly true)?
My guess is no, so it would have to be explaining it though interviews. And I am sure they didn't interview them about it.

It would have been such terrible TV.

oh and i think insta own the video? Not sure on that.

Bryce secret GF = important because it may effect the relationship and their story

Jason being a ******* after the show was done = not a thing to do with Liam and Georgie's relationship

Booka/Jake kiss = yeah, could have ignored that
Fair, although I think it sets the context to why he behaved as he did last night (even the “experts” were all “oh that’s poor form etc”.)

Fair, although I think it sets the context to why he behaved as he did last night (even the “experts” were all “oh that’s poor form etc”.)
Yeah so that could have been minimised. I had that thought when I was watching it, because in the end they buried Liam and Georgia.

They don't tell the experts the background info as to get the natural reactions.

Here's the second part

Lol he praises the So Dramatic Podcast for speaking the truth.

I do wonder who leaked everything to her. Apparently lots of contestants told her stuff.

It's here mate benneth

*Jake not Brett but....
The tea is that Booka, Jake, Beth and a whole bunch of other friends spent last New Years together. At the final gong they each shared a kiss - like Booka and Beth kissed, Beth and Jake kissed, and Booka and Jake kissed. Beth filmed it, there's video evidence. Beth saw it as a friendly kiss between mates and she wouldn't have posted it if she thought otherwise. There's no romantic connection between Booka and Jake at all - I truly believe that. They were probably a bit pissed as well haha.

Bec seems to think it was a betrayal and cheating even though at that point in their relationship she wasn't even interested in Jake, he came to Perth and claims they only saw each other 2 days out of 20 days he was there. He invited her to the New Years thing but she didn't go?! lol so it's like, you're giving him all these signs you're not into it girl, so get off your high horse. The funny part will be when we see the video on Sunday of her kissing her 'ex' boyfriend -- I can't wait for the reaction. What a hypocrite! And at THAT stage, they were still inside the experiment so what Bec did was WORSE than what Jake did, innocently kissing his mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back