Magarey Medals

Jul 22, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Do you believe John Finklestein 18 year old pimple faced kid from, edwardstown football club..who comes into Sturts side two games into next season and wins the magarey medal.....(whwew)..

Has the same credibility as Barrie Robran or Russel Ebert ????????

Do you believe any person in our current side is as good as ebert or robran where ?

PA1870

The only medalists who are worthy winners since the crows and Power have been in are Naley and Buckley.

Compare them to Robran or Ebert, ha, not even in the same species of life form.

I go back further PA1870, many of the old timers, who I have no reason to doubt, say that Bob Quinn was easily the best ever, looking at the man's record, it is easy to understand their conviction.

No doubt you have John Wood's excellent book about the medal, and the medalists, inside is a breif history of Bob Quinn, it stirs the imagination

------------------
Chris

(Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus)

Jul 22, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Originally posted by Asgardian:
The only medalists who are worthy winners since the crows and Power have been in are Naley and Buckley.

Compare them to Robran or Ebert, ha, not even in the same species of life form.

I go back further PA1870, many of the old timers, who I have no reason to doubt, say that Bob Quinn was easily the best ever, looking at the man's record, it is easy to understand their conviction.

No doubt you have John Wood's excellent book about the medal, and the medalists, inside is a breif history of Bob Quinn, it stirs the imagination

Yes true...

Several years ago I had the opportunity to talk to some crinkly wrinklies about Shine Hosking and Oliver...wow !

Bob Quinn....perhaps our greatest along with Russel ?

Back