Magazines/Publications You Read

Remove this Banner Ad

Used to buy a heap. Mainly for a flight/train/long drive when in passenger seat. Have realised probably haven't bought one in a decade. Internet/phones/ipads have killed them off.

Cos I'm a rock star in my mid-30s going on mid-60s I often pick up Gardening Australia magazine. Other than that? I used to pick up the occasional copy of the Triple J magazine when it was a thing, but other than that I'd be going back 10 years to that really cheap sporting magazine that Newscorp put out for a while, Alpha; before that it would probably be another 10 years since I bought a magazine (which probably would've been the old Inside Edge cricket magazine.)

My creepy as * - not to mention completely irresponsible - father was still buying Penthouse long after the internet was a thing, and leave them lying around for his young children to find. That was weird.

I have no idea how this is still a sustainable industry.

Used to read The Economist cover to cover when I was at uni but don't have the time these days - will some times buy it on holidays but prefer time as it is slightly easier to get through.

Used to buy Inside Football every single week. Living in QLD then NSW footy coverage was sparce. Sometimes I wouldnt even know if freo won until Wednesday such was the living conditions at the time.

Then one day i got an iPhone and could look everything up and slaaada

The Economist is something I would read regularly if I could be bothered making the time for it. I have picked up an issue here or there, usually for flights.

Only publication I pay for currently is the New York Times, they have some good stuff but like most American news outlets that aren't FOX they spend too much time whining (justifiably, mind you. but it gets boring after a while) about Trump.

I buy Men's Health most months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back