Maggie Varcoe (sister of Travis Varcoe) passes away due to injury sustained during a football match

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander readers are advised that the following story contains images of people who have died.

The much loved and endeared sister of Travis, has passed away after an accidental on-field clash with a teammate last weekend.

Shocking reminder of how dangerous the game can be and the fragility of the human body.

I wonder if this will change things going forward
It would have to, second season in really, and already a fatality. They might need to make helmets mandatory for the women perhaps.

This is very very sad, please do not think I am making light of the situation, I support the AFLW and women in general

It would have to, second season in really, and already a fatality. They might need to make helmets mandatory for the women perhaps.

This is very very sad, please do not think I am making light of the situation, I support the AFLW and women in general

Men die in football accidents as well.

Of course right now I don't know the exact nature of the collision but if helmets help then I am all for the AFL making sure every player in the league wears them, and hopefully that would filter down to the lower leagues as well. Of course that is only if the evidence shows helmets help.

Women's football has been around for longer than 2 seasons.

This is just a freak accident like Phil Hughes. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back