Magic: The Gathering

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brick Loosener

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Omnath is loads of fun, though I do find he paints a target on me. A friend runs Gonti, I can't stand it. Especially when he gets a Conjurer's Closet and Lantern of Insight down and starts exiling my removal spells.
Gonti's fun when you make infinite mana and cast him infinite times and mill the entire table. :cool:

kreglze

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Looking to get into Commander in the Melbourne area, if there is anyone that is looking for a 4th, hit us up, looking to keep it pretty casual.

GreyWind

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Some spoilers for the up-coming release; https://www.mtgsalvation.com/spoilers/233-war-of-the-spark

I like some of the cards, the change to Planeswalkers looks interesting. I imagine we'll be seeing an influx of 'superfriends' decks in EDH though. I know I'll be making an Atraxa superfriends deck.

Brick Loosener

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond

GreyWind

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers

Brick Loosener

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
This doesn't surprise me at all. Thankfully I've already got an Atraxa counters deck so I'll just be switching out commanders.
Only super friends deck I've encountered at my LGS was a Ramos build.
Early on with this set you'd think its the proliferate cards that would make Atraxa better because the uncommon Planeswalkers aint that good.

GreyWind

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Only super friends deck I've encountered at my LGS was a Ramos build.
Early on with this set you'd think its the proliferate cards that would make Atraxa better because the uncommon Planeswalkers aint that good.
Agree, the uncommon ones lack synergy so far. Will have to wait and see the full set before we get a good idea. But the proliferate cards could be the more valuable ones that's for sure.

Could also see a slight increase in infect decks being played as well, although unlikely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brick Loosener

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Richmond
Agree, the uncommon ones lack synergy so far. Will have to wait and see the full set before we get a good idea. But the proliferate cards could be the more valuable ones that's for sure.

Could also see a slight increase in infect decks being played as well, although unlikely.
Uncommon ones have no ultimate so pretty useless. There's a Simic legendary in the new set that proliferates twice when it dies that's better than any uncommon PW and the rare PWs spoiled so far.

GreyWind

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Uncommon ones have no ultimate so pretty useless. There's a Simic legendary in the new set that proliferates twice when it dies that's better than any uncommon PW and the rare PWs spoiled so far.
At the moment I could see Arlinn, Voice of the Pack being of value due to the 7 loyalty but that's then offset by the 6 mana cost. Which if you're going for a PW that costs that much you want it to be powerful.

So far it seems the uncommon PWs need proliferate or a way to continuously add loyalty to get use from them.

GreyWind

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Looks like a couple of the uncommon PWs are going to be ok. Still won't see play in a superfriends deck but can see them being in other decks now, the latest spoilers have been good.

Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God is a filthy card.

Top Bottom