Bipolarbear

It's me, it's me it's BPB
Jul 29, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns
So I haven't played in a while, but have about 25 EDH decks and various old Type 2 and Extended decks from pre-Mirrodin days. Turns out I am rich.

Virgin Dog

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Anyone managed to find an Australian alternative to CardKingdom / TCGPlayer etc?

Finally got round to doing a count of all my bulk and low-tiers. About 40k cards to get rid of, so could fulfill quite a few single orders.
Bumping an old post - MTGMintCard is generally the best one I've dealt with (not Australian, they're Hong Kong but the website is set up so you can view Aus prices, and customer service/experience generally been good). Not the greatest experience with CardKingdom in recent years. As for MTGMate, I see it recommended everywhere, but find they charge insanely high prices. Quite often it's literally cheaper to buy directly from Good Games or some other LGS

Toump Ass

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 14, 2015
TOUMPASSO LAND
AFL Club
Melbourne
Turns out I am rich.
My best mate growing up was a bit um, troubled. We had a falling out, and he stole a couple of my decks when things went bad. At the time I was kinda like "whatever, dude's having a rough time, it's just a bunch of silly playing cards".

Don't even want to know how much that is worth now. I lost at least 8 double lands from it, possibly more.

Found a box of cards at the oppy the other day though, a couple of rares etc. but I don't know what they're worth. Maybe I'll be rich again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Toump Ass

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 14, 2015
TOUMPASSO LAND
AFL Club
Melbourne
Dual Lands are worth a mint now! That's unfortunate. :(
I figured they would be but was still shocked when I checked it out last night. Kicking myself for making some decks for my nephews about 5 years ago, they didn't even end up playing but the decks would be worth a packet. Really hope some other kid at school didn't catch on and take them to the cleaners.

Anyway, after spending until 4am last night looking up prices, I discovered I too am rich; but I'm guessing I need to join Facebook to sell them..? I can't be bothered w/ ebay and their fees etc.

Brick Loosener

1980 2017 2019 2020
Jan 8, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
I figured they would be but was still shocked when I checked it out last night. Kicking myself for making some decks for my nephews about 5 years ago, they didn't even end up playing but the decks would be worth a packet. Really hope some other kid at school didn't catch on and take them to the cleaners.

Anyway, after spending until 4am last night looking up prices, I discovered I too am rich; but I'm guessing I need to join Facebook to sell them..? I can't be bothered w/ ebay and their fees etc.
You actually have a list of what you have?

Toump Ass

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 14, 2015
TOUMPASSO LAND
AFL Club
Melbourne
You actually have a list of what you have?
No, not yet. I still havent found all my cards, and the ones I do have Im not sure if anyone would want: I have some Arabian Nights, Legends, Antiquities and heaps of Dark stuff. The prices on CK/ebay are high but I don’t see people buying them on facebook.

Are there any cards or expansions you are after?

(Fun fact: pre-iceage, booster packs were made of a slightly transparent plastic, and the rare was always the third card from the bottom. So if u had access to the packs you could make sure you got the good sh*t. Going through packs was how I spent my spare time at Mind Games. Pretty rude for the customers but whatever. It’s how I got all my preachers).

Brick Loosener

1980 2017 2019 2020
Jan 8, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
No, not yet. I still havent found all my cards, and the ones I do have Im not sure if anyone would want: I have some Arabian Nights, Legends, Antiquities and heaps of Dark stuff. The prices on CK/ebay are high but I don’t see people buying them on facebook.

Are there any cards or expansions you are after?

(Fun fact: pre-iceage, booster packs were made of a slightly transparent plastic, and the rare was always the third card from the bottom. So if u had access to the packs you could make sure you got the good sh*t. Going through packs was how I spent my spare time at Mind Games. Pretty rude for the customers but whatever. It’s how I got all my preachers).
People will buy on Facebook. Was just wondering what you had so i could recommend a group for you to use.

Remove this Banner Ad