Magic: The Gathering

Dec 12, 2007
The North
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Some spoilers for the up-coming release; https://www.mtgsalvation.com/spoilers/233-war-of-the-spark

I like some of the cards, the change to Planeswalkers looks interesting. I imagine we'll be seeing an influx of 'superfriends' decks in EDH though. I know I'll be making an Atraxa superfriends deck.

Dec 12, 2007
The North
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
This doesn't surprise me at all. Thankfully I've already got an Atraxa counters deck so I'll just be switching out commanders.

Only super friends deck I've encountered at my LGS was a Ramos build.
Early on with this set you'd think its the proliferate cards that would make Atraxa better because the uncommon Planeswalkers aint that good.

Dec 12, 2007
The North
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Only super friends deck I've encountered at my LGS was a Ramos build.
Early on with this set you'd think its the proliferate cards that would make Atraxa better because the uncommon Planeswalkers aint that good.
Agree, the uncommon ones lack synergy so far. Will have to wait and see the full set before we get a good idea. But the proliferate cards could be the more valuable ones that's for sure.

Could also see a slight increase in infect decks being played as well, although unlikely.

Agree, the uncommon ones lack synergy so far. Will have to wait and see the full set before we get a good idea. But the proliferate cards could be the more valuable ones that's for sure.

Could also see a slight increase in infect decks being played as well, although unlikely.

Uncommon ones have no ultimate so pretty useless. There's a Simic legendary in the new set that proliferates twice when it dies that's better than any uncommon PW and the rare PWs spoiled so far.

Dec 12, 2007
The North
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Uncommon ones have no ultimate so pretty useless. There's a Simic legendary in the new set that proliferates twice when it dies that's better than any uncommon PW and the rare PWs spoiled so far.
At the moment I could see Arlinn, Voice of the Pack being of value due to the 7 loyalty but that's then offset by the 6 mana cost. Which if you're going for a PW that costs that much you want it to be powerful.

So far it seems the uncommon PWs need proliferate or a way to continuously add loyalty to get use from them.

Dec 12, 2007
The North
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Commander 2019 precon spoilers will be hitting the internet on Friday morning. EDH has become my number 1 format so I'm very interested to see what's going to be released. I'm hopeful that the decks won't be based around the mechanic spoilers that were released earlier this month (morph, populate, madness and flashback).

Dec 12, 2007
The North
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
Yeah I'm the same, I really want to get into Commander more, currently have 3 decks fully built, ranging from memeish to not very good. But always enjoy playing a game with the pre-cons.
I like the pre-cons as they usually have a good base from which to build a deck from. Plus if you don't want to upgrade them then you have an average deck that can be played with new players.

Commander 2019 precon spoilers will be hitting the internet on Friday morning. EDH has become my number 1 format so I'm very interested to see what's going to be released. I'm hopeful that the decks won't be based around the mechanic spoilers that were released earlier this month (morph, populate, madness and flashback).

They.will.be.
New.Brawl.decks.for.the.next.set.look.good.for.edh

Sep 23, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'm curious to see what they do with the old mechanics and if they stay on the colour pies. The last thing AniMorph needs is a boost, though my own Emmara Tandris deck could use some fresh support.

Sep 23, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Kadena looks pretty interesting but yeah, the Nayan one is disappointing and Jeskai is just more spell-slinging degenerateness. Vampires again? Yawn.

Back