Davo75

All Australian
Sep 5, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Liverpool, Steelers, 76ers
Superb Run Second Up From Magical Miss and a very educated, patient ride from Steven Arnold. Was Cruising at the 600 looked the winner a long way out, Looked like he was going to go a bit early when The Pumper made its dash at them entering the straight. Very good temprement from Arnold, didnt panic knew that The Pumper would tire being first up, he did and he shoved him out the way to make his run!

Should be a good form race! Nothing wrong with Fields of Omagh and Northerlys run (I think he was rather unlucky).

Im looking forward to getting on Dash for Cash at its next start!

Crying out for something further I reckon, hes fit and ready to win.

I think you can follow the First 5 from this race with a bit of confidence! Include The Pumper in this group.

Any decent tips for the weekend would be appreciated if you know!

Dont be knocking the Door Down to get on Tully Thunder tomorrow if its running! 2nd Up Syndrome! His First Up run however was a belter!!!! Looks set for a good collect in the near future but not next start!

The form from the Memsie looks outstanding. There was decent pace in the race, so you can't even pot it for "small field form".

Agree re Northerly's run. He is getting on a bit now, and he might take a few runs to reach his top and not go so well at any distance less than a mile. Got a feeling that he might get out to good odds tomorrow as people jump on the four year olds. He should win.

As for the other races, I've only had a play with the first two so far. Presumed Innocent looks good value at this stage. She'll settle behind the speed (assuming they all go to the outside) and have the last crack. She's a slight weight query, but in reality, all of the top chances are carrying more than they ever have, so it shouldn't be an insurmountable problem. 8-1 in the paper this morning, and that's value for mine.

The second is a bit of a raffle, with most of the good hopes backing up from the Vain. I guess it's a bet between Broadband continuing to improve and going right past them, or Paddy Payne dictating on Great Glen, and getting away with an easier time of it in front and sprinting home to win. Leaning towards the latter at this stage, but I'm not overly confident.

Northerly

Agree!!! Any distance over the mile has been Northerly's Pet Range!

Any less of a horse last week wouldve gone backwards in the straight. He kept Battling away!

Will be interesting to see which path Fred takes him on..... Im sure whoever beats him in The Cox Plate will be the winner!

Wouldnt be batting the door down to get on the first at Flemington tomorrow! 3yo Fillies!!!! Unpredictable like their human counterparts! Track Unknown! Im thinking the course will be Dead???? If you could snag the quaddie tomorrow youll be a rather wealthy punter!

Gotta love these punting days,5/2 the field in the features & 5/1 in the rest.

For what they're worth:

R2-Great Glen will get left alone & that will be the last they see of it,the Flem.1400 is such an advantage to on pacers.

R3-Auckland Blues because it went down at odds on & they need to get their cash back.

R4-Runs To Win each way,1400 winner 3 starts ago then dashed to the front in the Winter Champ.Final (1600) before getting run down by The Big Ask.Barrier 4,it'll do me.

R5-Brief Embrace each way.

R6-Keen on Northerly,hoping Helene Vitality shows something for the sake of my Cup's doubles.

R7-Raffle

R8-Chong Tong,if the inside is ok,very keen.Rough hope to Haste Ye Back.

Seth.

Well the quaddie was within reach, but still not very wealthy after the collect. At least Chong Tong threw some value into it, otherwise I would have been disappointed with the result.

On another website, posted the horses to keep backing. Chong Tong rated a mention, but only at Flemington. Will be a good thing in the Salinger come November. Northerly and La Zagaletta very well considering they were at each other for the last 1000.

Victory Vein just keeps winning and looks good for the Guineas. Pleasing to see Universal Prince run first up. All looks good from a betting doubles point of view.Tickets held for the Caulf/Melb Cup double include Carnegie Express/ Fields of Omagh for the Caulfield into Universal Prince/Vinnie Roe and looking around the 200/1 which is good value at this stage. Left out Magical Miss ( bugger) although I suspect that she will continue on the WFA path, miss the Caulfield, concentrate on the Cox Plate, then onto the Melbourne Cup. I could be wrong but WFA very week at this stage.

Innovation Girl raced well, but suspect that she will flounder in a few weeks as the fields become stronger with the Sydney influence arriving. Until they get here, keep backing her.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back