Magpie Girl Retires (From Modding)

Remove this Banner Ad

Consistently bad BF choices SR? Or consistently bad news for the career of the sponsored player?:eek:

Was at any rate a massive effort by MG.

My impression is that it was the kiss of death, but I haven't kept track. Have any kicked on?

Well done on the organisation front by MG. Not her fault that we can't pick them.

My impression is that it was the kiss of death, but I haven't kept track. Have any kicked on?

Well done on the organisation front by MG. Not her fault that we can't pick them.

Taylor Adams goes OK. I met him at one of the sponsorship events, organised by MG, and was so excited I did one of those two-handed handshakes. Almost pawed him. Embarrassing. But we’ve had lots of fun over the years with sponsoring those (poor sods) players.

Taylor Adams goes OK. I met him at one of the sponsorship events, organised by MG, and was so excited I did one of those two-handed handshakes. Almost pawed him. Embarrassing. But we’ve had lots of fun over the years with sponsoring those (poor sods) players.

Adams was a very good get. Didn't know it went back that far.

Based on more recent evidence, I vote we sponsor Stephenson next year. SHould still be available for a while before the website is updated.

You're the greatest M.G

When I first joined this board you were amongst the first to welcome me.

Enjoy your retirement.

Love you.
,Big Monday morning hugs and kisses. xxxooo
Want to echo this. Magpie Girl always made me feel welcome and at home when I was new to this board, and I’m sure she did this for many others. This place wouldn’t be quite the same without her. Enjoy retirement and please stick around MG!!

You're the greatest M.G

When I first joined this board you were amongst the first to welcome me.

Enjoy your retirement.

Love you.
,Big Monday morning hugs and kisses. xxxooo
So MG is partially responsible for you being here?

Just lost a little respect in my eyes MG.

Just saw this. Thanks MG for all your hard work moderating our board. We had our differences but I respect the love you have for Collingwood and the characters here. I wish you nothing but happiness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember having a drink with you and a couple of other members a few years back. A pub in Collingwood..The Carringbush 🍻 I remember feeling you are a lovely person. Who knows, one day our paths may cross again. Good luck MG ❤

I think I went to that too

Thanks everyone for all the lovely words and sentiments expressed.
It‘s heartwarming, and humbling to read them.

I‘ve enjoyed my time as a Mod, initially taking on the role of Community Organiser, and I’m proud of the caring and supportive environment we’ve built here. Although the last few months have produced many differences of opinion and a few fallouts there has always been an underlying thread of concern and support for each other and that’s something we can all take heart from.

Thanks also to Gone Critical for his long friendship, and to the other members of the team, Anzacday jathanas and Maggie5, with whom I’ve enjoyed working. We all have different styles of moderating but that serves the Board well.
All the best everyone

WTF?
News to me
In February
So just what gives?
Got some sort of life to live?
Got no more time to kill?
Got a bucket list to fill?
Sick of some of our s**t?
Just what is it?
I hope it's something positive
Cos you have so much to give
Now who's your replacement?
Someone hard-working and hip,
There's only 3 more weeks
To sort out 2021 player sponsorship!!!!!
🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

It is with much sadness and a great sense of celebration the Mod team would like to announce the beautiful Magpie Girl is hanging up her spurs

Since 76 departed MG has been the senior mod and had a big role in teaching all the team the ropes. Balance, care, empathy and knowing what was “the best path” was her modus operandi.

She has done so much more than just mod. Chased up posters behind the scene when they were struggling, running the sponsorships, knowing who was who and knowing all of your peccadillos. She read posters like a book.

Has stayed longer than most mods and has modded from all the exotic destinations. She could hand out a rebuke from Santorini like you or I would order a morning latte.

The board has been lucky to have some outstanding ex mods over recent times. Looking at you 76 and VP. MG goes now to join that illustrious group

She deserves all the glowing compliments you can muster

Salute

GC
Thank you and enjoy your retirement MG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back