Magpie Girl Retires (From Modding)

Remove this Banner Ad

It is with much sadness and a great sense of celebration the Mod team would like to announce the beautiful Magpie Girl is hanging up her spurs

Since 76 departed MG has been the senior mod and had a big role in teaching all the team the ropes. Balance, care, empathy and knowing what was “the best path” was her modus operandi.

She has done so much more than just mod. Chased up posters behind the scene when they were struggling, running the sponsorships, knowing who was who and knowing all of your peccadillos. She read posters like a book.

Has stayed longer than most mods and has modded from all the exotic destinations. She could hand out a rebuke from Santorini like you or I would order a morning latte.

The board has been lucky to have some outstanding ex mods over recent times. Looking at you 76 and VP. MG goes now to join that illustrious group

She deserves all the glowing compliments you can muster

Salute

GC

Last edited:

Well said GC and thanks for all your efforts Magpie Girl.

I'll miss trying to confuse you with weird combinations of slang words for Australian currency in the player sponsorship threads.

Thanks again for all your work in what I'm sure can be a thankless task.

Just typical the Pies fire sale continues. :mad:

Thanks MG you've been a shinning light on this board. Your mateship, empathy & inclusiveness will not be forgotten, especially be me.

Now make sure you get your ex-mod badge, unlike Vicky Park who has totally been ripped off.

Just like my good self without my two Dane Sawn awards but I don't want to burden my friends with a such an insignificant point on what is a very, very sad day.

Luv ya MG!!!!!!!!!!

Just typical the Pies fire sale continues. :mad:

Thanks MG you've been a shinning light on this board. Your mateship, empathy & inclusiveness will not be forgotten, especially be me.

Now make sure you get your ex-mod badge, unlike Vicky Park who has totally been ripped off.

Just like my good self without my two Dane Sawn awards but I don't want to burden my friends with a such an insignificant point on what is a very, very sad day.

Luv ya MG!!!!!!!!!!
You've had a few, haven't you, OA?! Or is that another one of your jokes I don't quite get?!

You've had a few, haven't you, OA?! Or is that another one of your jokes I don't quite get?!
Completely meant, MG wouldn't understand a post from me if it didn't come across as einhib, aneebre, inhibrea, oh * it, drunk!

Dear MG,

You were always too good for this board, and now it seems like you've realised it. It was great to have you as long as we did.

The Covid thread wasn't our finest hour, that's true, but I won't let a few disagreements in the midst of an apocalypse define everything.

I wish you well in the post-mod world, especially when international travel resumes and you can take flight to wherever your dreams will take you.

Hugs. JB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MG’s years of coordinating the BF player sponsorships should be highlighted. Very time consuming.

Our player choices were mixed in terms of success :oops:, but I know many hours were spent by MG in chasing posters for their contributions, chasing the club for the sponsor packages, chasing Chief for the sponsor badges, etc etc.

Thanks so much for your tireless efforts MG; modding is a thankless task and yet you’ve dedicated yourself to our board for such a long spell and with such grace...

I hope you stay a regular contributor to the board throughout at least our next 22 flags.

I doubt that any other mod will do as much for bigfooty as Magpie girl has over the years. She was the organizer extraordinaire that did what others were unlikely to do, including the player sponsorships that VP mentioned. She has been like a mum to the group, a very empathetic and warm person. MG will be greatly missed. Now freed of the shackles of moderation, I hope she continues to post. It's been a horrible year in which so much we took for granted has been lost. MG is yet another loss we have to bear.

MG’s years of coordinating the BF player sponsorships should be highlighted. Very time consuming.

Our player choices were mixed in terms of success :oops:, but I know many hours were spent by MG in chasing posters for their contributions, chasing the club for the sponsor packages, chasing Chief for the sponsor badges, etc etc.
So true, can't like this post enough. I was chased frequently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back