Portfolio Magpienato's Designs

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
After about a week of work I've finally finished my design for the fictional team I created (mentioned in this thread). I find the alliteration of the name gives a cool vibe to the team. The Yellow represents the golden sand of Perth and obviously the blue symbolizes the lush waters which crash upon the shores.

*Just a note, I used EL Scorcho's Template for this if anybody's wondering.

Apart from that enjoy, critique and let me know what you think!

Team: Perth Surf
Stadium: Perth Stadium
Bio: This team originated as a joint-investment from three WAFL teams. Those being; West Perth Falcons, East Perth Royals and Perth Demons. These teams invested together to create a team to compete within the growing WA football market. These teams still however operate their own reserve teams within the WAFL. The new team moved into the newly built Perth Stadium who hosted a 3-way preseason game between crosstown rivals, West Coast and Fremantle before their inaugural season. With already 30,000 members and growing, this team is set to show the AFL what they're made of.

Home -
Portfolio 1 .jpg

Clash -
portfolio 2.jpg

Logo:
PERTH SURF LOGO without surf.jpg

After about a week of work I've finally finished my design for the fictional team I created (mentioned in this thread). I find the alliteration of the name gives a cool vibe to the team. The Yellow represents the golden sand of Perth and obviously the blue symbolizes the lush waters which crash upon the shores.

*Just a note, I used EL Scorcho's Template for this if anybody's wondering.

Apart from that enjoy, critique and let me know what you think!

Team: Perth Surf
Stadium: Perth Stadium
Bio: This team originated as a joint-investment from three WAFL teams. Those being; West Perth Falcons, East Perth Royals and Perth Demons. These teams invested together to create a team to compete within the growing WA football market. These teams still however operate their own reserve teams within the WAFL. The new team moved into the newly built Perth Stadium who hosted a 3-way preseason game between crosstown rivals, West Coast and Fremantle before their inaugural season. With already 30,000 members and growing, this team is set to show the AFL what they're made of.

Home -
View attachment 374007

Clash -View attachment 374014

Logo:
View attachment 374016

Not bad - only thing I can fault is that West Coast already use the same colours and the logo is giving me vibes of the old logo (the wave sort of like the beak etc.)

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Not bad - only thing I can fault is that West Coast already use the same colours and the logo is giving me vibes of the old logo (the wave sort of like the beak etc.)
Yeah that was the one thing going through my mind whilst choosing the colour scheme. Maybe in my fictional universe West coast went back to their tri-panel design :p

Yeah that was the one thing going through my mind whilst choosing the colour scheme. Maybe in my fictional universe West coast went back to their tri-panel design :p

please never say that again.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Welcome fellow footy fanatics! Here I present the 2nd installment of my fiction footy teams in which I take a location and turn it into a team with a logo and jumpers and all that fancy stuff. Last post was the Perth Surf (or Perf Serf :p). Without further interruption I present my latest work:

*Note this isn't meant to be an exact copy of the jumper because that would be boring and lazy

Name: Port Melbourne Pirates
Stadium: MCG/North Port Oval
Bio: From the ashes of financial ruin, Port Melbourne rose up to dominate the VFL competition winning 5 Grand Finals in a row, the most any team had in the leagues history. After becoming a powerhouse on and off the field, Port Melbourne received a license from the AFL. Renovating their old home ground, North Port Oval, into a Kardinia Park-esque 30,000 seat arena. After a year to prepare for their jump into the AFL they've had a lot of pressure put on their backs. But can they withstand it and bring their VFL form into the big league? Only time will tell...

Home:
port melb pirates portfolio 1.jpg

Alternate:
port melb pirates portfolio 2.jpg

Logo:
pmp logo concept 1.jpg

Attachments

• port melb pirates portfolio 1.jpg
    port melb pirates portfolio 1.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 114
Is CSL the company that owns Coles? I like the idea you've gone for, but I think you should change the opacity of the shading to a point where it's barely visible. And also maybe use slightly duller versions of the colours so they're not so bright.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
From their website it says they're a biopharmaceutical company but I could see how you though that . I'm pretty sure Wesfarmers has Coles. And cheers I've already started on my next portfolio so I'll take your advice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Hey guys! I'm back with the 3rd addition to my league. Now this one isn't exactly a new team concept as it had already existed before but dissolved in 2014 (after finishing on the bottom of the ladder for the 16th time in 20 years :p) So it's more of a revival.

Name: Bendigo Gold
Stadium: Queen Elizabeth Oval
Bio: Bendigo was having a tough period in its history, having not reached finals in over 15 years! Money was drying up and the club was on the verge of dissolution. Then, rich Chinese businessmen came along to invest in a future for the Bendigo FC. Working alongside the AFL, the investors managed to create China-proxy team which acted as gateway for overseas investment into the AFL. Despite being practically a 100% subsidized team, Bendigo has managed to pull some on field success clinching a finals berth in just their 3rd year in the AFL! Things are looking good at good ol' Queen 'Lizi Oval, and who knows when they'll strike Gold?

Home:
bendigo gold portfolio 1.jpg

Clash (looks somewhat gross but eh)
bendigo gold portfolio 2.jpg

Logo:
bend gold logo.jpg

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
One query I have, Eureka is a term that is better known for Ballarat as it was the scene of the Eureka Stockade and all in the 1850's. I do wonder, why have you used it in the new Bendigo Gold revival?
Eureka is just phrase someone cries out when they find or discover something which was used in almost every gold rush in the 19th century, they used when they struck gold. It's not really region specific to just Ballarat.

Jul 4, 2012
County Grant
AFL Club
Geelong
Eureka is just phrase someone cries out when they find or discover something which was used in almost every gold rush in the 19th century, they used when they struck gold. It's not really region specific to just Ballarat.

It's Ballarat's word, notice how Eureka has nothing to do with Bendigo and everything to do with Ballarat.

I understand it is a cry of excitement but after the battle of Eureka were 27 people were slaughtered in a hail of gunfire, it is entirely ours to mark that day.

We're already fighting tooth and nail to stop skinheads from taking our flag away, we're not about to let Bendigo take our word too!

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
It's Ballarat's word, notice how Eureka has nothing to do with Bendigo and everything to do with Ballarat.

I understand it is a cry of excitement but after the battle of Eureka were 27 people were slaughtered in a hail of gunfire, it is entirely ours to mark that day.

We're already fighting tooth and nail to stop skinheads from taking our flag away, we're not about to let Bendigo take our word too!
I've put 'Eureka!' as a tagline due to the fact that the teams name is 'Gold'. It's not in reference to the Eureka Stockade Rebellion. In the context of the teams name it's 'Eureka!' as if they've struck gold.

Jul 4, 2012
County Grant
AFL Club
Geelong
I've put 'Eureka!' as a tagline due to the fact that the teams name is 'Gold'. It's not in reference to the Eureka Stockade Rebellion. In the context of the teams name it's 'Eureka!' as if they've struck gold.
I see what you mean, but you have crossed upon something that is incredibly near and dear to me, something that not only means significantly more to me than football, but actually puts food on my table each day in what I do as an occupation. Eureka is so entrenched in the fabric of Ballarat's history and identity that it is somewhat offensive for Bendigo to appropriate something that is not theirs. Eureka in Victoria means more than finding gold, it forms the basis of the very democracy and freedoms we value to this very day.

Apr 23, 2012
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Sydney Swans, St Kilda Saints
Guys, you're putting way too much emphasis on the word. Its literally a word you cry out when you find something. Yes, it was used during the Rebellion, but it basically means "Ive found it!"

Hey guys! I'm back with the 3rd addition to my league. Now this one isn't exactly a new team concept as it had already existed before but dissolved in 2014 (after finishing on the bottom of the ladder for the 16th time in 20 years :p) So it's more of a revival.

Name: Bendigo Gold
Stadium: Queen Elizabeth Oval
Bio: Bendigo was having a tough period in its history, having not reached finals in over 15 years! Money was drying up and the club was on the verge of dissolution. Then, rich Chinese businessmen came along to invest in a future for the Bendigo FC. Working alongside the AFL, the investors managed to create China-proxy team which acted as gateway for overseas investment into the AFL. Despite being practically a 100% subsidized team, Bendigo has managed to pull some on field success clinching a finals berth in just their 3rd year in the AFL! Things are looking good at good ol' Queen 'Lizi Oval, and who knows when they'll strike Gold?

Home:
View attachment 375609

Clash (looks somewhat gross but eh)
View attachment 375610
What I'd reccomend is when youre using Black as a colour, try RGB 10,10,10 or 15,15,15. It allows for the shadow to be seen and not just a regular silhouette. Also, the stitching I find helps at 100,100,100

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Any particular reason why you're using Black rather than blue?
Before making it I had an idea to make this jumper into a simple monogram design. I was going to do the Blue however I didn't want it to look too similar to Carlton, being a fictional league, thus the change was made. Nothing against the original design however I felt the gold stood out more against the black.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back