tasman v2.png 22222.png

exxcessivve

All Australian
Jan 19, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Essendon, Geelong, GWS, Port
Hey guys! I'm back with the 3rd addition to my league. Now this one isn't exactly a new team concept as it had already existed before but dissolved in 2014 (after finishing on the bottom of the ladder for the 16th time in 20 years :p) So it's more of a revival.

Name: Bendigo Gold
Stadium: Queen Elizabeth Oval
Bio: Bendigo was having a tough period in its history, having not reached finals in over 15 years! Money was drying up and the club was on the verge of dissolution. Then, rich Chinese businessmen came along to invest in a future for the Bendigo FC. Working alongside the AFL, the investors managed to create China-proxy team which acted as gateway for overseas investment into the AFL. Despite being practically a 100% subsidized team, Bendigo has managed to pull some on field success clinching a finals berth in just their 3rd year in the AFL! Things are looking good at good ol' Queen 'Lizi Oval, and who knows when they'll strike Gold?

Home:
View attachment 375609

Clash (looks somewhat gross but eh)
View attachment 375610

Logo:
View attachment 375619

I love the story for this one. And I have a family link to Bendigo so enjoyed it even more :)

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
I love the story for this one. And I have a family link to Bendigo so enjoyed it even more :)
I thought it added a bit more life into the team rather than just being a fictional team. I have a couple more I've made so I'll probably post it up here, I have an interesting story for the next one...

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I did a Dutch national team guernsey design like that once, kinda surprised the sweeping sash hasn't shown up more often.
Yeah I was working with the Essendon sash because I'd seen a training jumper design on one of my local footy clubs and wanted to replicate it then all of a sudden it came like gold to me. Funny how an hour of Photoshop goes by.

It's Ballarat's word, notice how Eureka has nothing to do with Bendigo and everything to do with Ballarat.

I understand it is a cry of excitement but after the battle of Eureka were 27 people were slaughtered in a hail of gunfire, it is entirely ours to mark that day.

We're already fighting tooth and nail to stop skinheads from taking our flag away, we're not about to let Bendigo take our word too!

Not to railroad Magpinato's thread any further are you saying anything to do with the word Eureka is Ballarats only?
So Richmonds Eureka Hotel that has stood since before 1889 needs to drop its name?

Take it this way, its Magpinato's thread he could call them the Bendigo Ballarats if he so chooses too.

As for what you have done so far Magpinato i like very much, but also agree that the numbers on the back of the port clash needs to be white or adopt a white number box with blue number.
Keep up the good work and dont be deterred by the name issue.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Not to railroad Magpinato's thread any further are you saying anything to do with the word Eureka is Ballarats only?
So Richmonds Eureka Hotel that has stood since before 1889 needs to drop its name?

Take it this way, its Magpinato's thread he could call them the Bendigo Ballarats if he so chooses too.

As for what you have done so far Magpinato i like very much, but also agree that the numbers on the back of the port clash needs to be white or adopt a white number box with blue number.
Keep up the good work and dont be deterred by the name issue.
Not to mention it is a completely fictional design but thanks for the support anyway

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Also found a neat little monogram I made for the Newcastle team above but I had it hidden. Making monograms are a pain in the ass for me, they just never turn out well but I think i can say this is one exception.
nfc copy.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
These last few posts have been me going down memory lane, and so further down I go!

These two were the first two designs I did using Scorcho's template and were pretty much me just screwing around (note the 100% opacity shading), getting the grips on how the template worked. I hope to one day make my own template but I'm an absolute shocker at Illustrator so I'll have to get onto that sometime.

USSR Soviets:
USSR 1.jpg

USA Freedom:
USA 1.jpg

Apr 23, 2012
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Sydney Swans, St Kilda Saints
Made this logo for the upcoming Asia N' Africa League Comp called the Multan Sultans. What's everyone's thoughts? should I put a name anywhere on it?
View attachment 450361
To me, that just looks like the symbol of Sikhism in a circle. It needs something to identify with your team other than a religious symbol

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
To me, that just looks like the symbol of Sikhism in a circle. It needs something to identify with your team other than a religious symbol
The city of Multan was within the Sikh empire for most of the it's history so there is a connection with the Sikh symbol and Multan. Is it in the guidelines not to use religious symbols in designs? If so I'll just remove it.

chibimatty

Club Legend
Nov 15, 2010
Western Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WACA, Western Force, Arsenal, Glory
The city of Multan was within the Sikh empire for most of the it's history so there is a connection with the Sikh symbol and Multan. Is it in the guidelines not to use religious symbols in designs? If so I'll just remove it.
The only thing I'll say mate, is that I'm not sure Sikhs would appreciate the symbol and the term "sultan" being used together. Sultans (Mughals really) and Sikhs were actually enemies, although one Sikh was proclaimed a sultan once, Jassa Ahluwalia.

Seeing as Multan is now in Pakistan, The Sultans could work with a different symbol? Maybe, you could use a scimitar or a crescent like Saracens FC Rugby use? I think the Multan Sultans cricket team uses a guy on a horse.

But it's hypothetical anyway. If anyone does take offence, they can be secure in the knowledge that you weren't deliberately trying to offend anyone. :)

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
The only thing I'll say mate, is that I'm not sure Sikhs would appreciate the symbol and the term "sultan" being used together. Sultans (Mughals really) and Sikhs were actually enemies, although one Sikh was proclaimed a sultan once, Jassa Ahluwalia.

Seeing as Multan is now in Pakistan, The Sultans could work with a different symbol? Maybe, you could use a scimitar or a crescent like Saracens FC Rugby use? I think the Multan Sultans cricket team uses a guy on a horse.

But it's hypothetical anyway. If anyone does take offence, they can be secure in the knowledge that you weren't deliberately trying to offend anyone. :)
I came into the comp pretty late so it was a bit of a throw-it-together design. But the comp was ages ago so I might've put some more thought into it had I had more time. Thanks for your thoughts though, will use it for next comp.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
As Milwaukee is close to Chicago I am obligated to say that it looks like poo... but I actually quite like it, has a bit of a college vibe.
I got the colour inspiration from the Milwaukee Bucks but the gold is actually from New Orleans Saints. Blonde and dark green is such an unusual colour scheme but it works quite well here. Cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back