Portfolio Magpienato's Designs

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks. When you say flare do you mean as in make the bottom part of the crown thicker and stand out more?
Nah I’m talking about the template, it’s a really good foundation, it just needs a thinner bottom.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Refined my Tsar crown a bit more. Debating whether or not to detail the gems on the crown like in the bottom image. I feel like it makes it look far too detailed for a logo.

tsars progress plain.png

Crown with more detail in gems to make it more realistic:
tsar progress 1.png

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Also this is logo concept I had at the start. I really like the idea of the crown which is iconic to Tsarism but the double headed eagle just looks sick.
tsars logo concept.png
Let me know any thoughts or feedback about my logos

Also this is logo concept I had at the start. I really like the idea of the crown which is iconic to Tsarism but the double headed eagle just looks sick.
View attachment 530171
Let me know any thoughts or feedback about my logos
Whittlesea Eagles dislike this
Only joking, but the crown one looks better IMO

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
natos template.png

Nato's Template Progress #1

This year I've set a goal to make a template for myself and eventually for others to use in Portfolios and competitions. I want to make mine pretty basic in terms of features, similar to Dylan8's AI template.

I have grasped the basics of the Pen Tool and as a result the quality of my shapes has increased.

This is what I have so far, just the basics; cuffs, collar, shorts and shape. Will be looking into adding side panels, stitching, light shading all that good stuff.

I'll be uploading my progress on 'Nato's Template' every now and again and if you have any tips or ideas I would love to hear them.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
View attachment 532282
This year I've set a goal to make a template for myself and eventually for others to use in Portfolios and competitions. I want to make mine pretty basic in terms of features, similar to Dylan8's AI template.

I have grasped the basics of the Pen Tool and as a result the quality of my shapes has increased.

This is what I have so far, just the basics; cuffs, collar, shorts and shape. Will be looking into adding side panels, stitching, light shading all that good stuff.

I'll be uploading my progress on 'Nato's Template' every now and again and if you have any tips or ideas I would love to hear them.
Solid start

Jul 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Pittsburgh Penguins
View attachment 532282

That jumper has a really nice shape to it. Looking forward to seeing your final product.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
natos template progress 2.png

Nato's Template Progress #2

Updates:

Have added stitching which turned out better than I had expected.

Fiddled around with the brush tool to create the shading. Initially I wasn't too sure how to go about making the shading, I referenced the shading in Scorcho's template and that too has turned out alright. Perhaps I will come back to that and refine it.

What's Next?

From here I'll add in the little things like side panel shapes and possibly shoulders. I'm not too fond of them myself but if someone wants to use this template down the track I may as well do them.

Will likely clean up small little details such as the shading and play around with the stitching a bit but I'm mostly happy with how they've turned out.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
upload_2018-7-26_17-32-32.png

Nato's Template Progress #3

Updates:

Pretty happy with how my side panels turned out, not too thick, not too thin. Same goes with the shoulders, reasonably happy with them.

Also added a couple of designs as well. I was going to wait until I had finished but I wanted to test my template out a bit. Just made the basic designs you would see on any AFL jumper.
upload_2018-7-26_17-32-2.png

What's Next?

Will be starting the back of the jumper now which should be fairly easy (Ctrl C + Ctrl V).

I've also looked into many designs for socks but I have found one which I am satisfied will fit the template well.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Nato's Template Progress #3

Updates:

Creating the back was as simple as copying and pasting and just changing a few features. Made designs for the back too, including the divine back panel and wings which look pretty sexy if I say so myself.
View attachment 534001

Added an old school collar, may be useful for those 'What if Wednesday' comps with the VFL teams if you want that old school look.

upload_2018-7-28_8-55-40.png

Added logos for the following manufacturers: Nike, Adidas, ISC and Magpienato (the greatest of them all). These are just the most common manufacturers so it'll save people some time. Also added League logos such as AFL and VFL as well as a super secret logo for a super secret portfolio which may or may not have been the reason I am creating this template :p (caloschwaby knows)

upload_2018-7-28_9-11-28.png

Anyway, here's all the features of this template, very similar to Scorcho's because that's all I've ever known.

upload_2018-7-28_9-9-41.png

I added logos, both league and manufacturers, onto the shorts. Also added a couple stripe patterns for the heck of it.

upload_2018-7-28_9-10-8.png

Now finally, the socks! These were based off Dylan8's socks in his template but there are a few changes, the heel protrude out more, and the calves are not as slim as the aforementioned socks. Added manufacturers to those too because I just love making my life easier :p

upload_2018-7-28_9-10-27.png

What's Next?

And there you go, the template is pretty much 95% for me. The next 5% will be me changing things periodically to improve upon the template, as I believe no template is ever complete. I will be using this for myself for a while until I finish the portfolio I am working on, then I will freely give it away to anyone who needs a template :thumbsu:

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-28_8-54-37.png
    upload_2018-7-28_8-54-37.png
    7 KB · Views: 86
You bet I am ;)
Good to hear.
In a strange way it seems like a really good hybrid between a few templates like Again, Spanna, Scorch and Dylan's altogether but still unique :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back