News Magpies AFLW/VFLW News.

Remove this Banner Ad

Six of our girls have been named in the AA squad. Outstanding effort.

From the AFLW app:

The Pies have six nominees in the squad of 40, with the final team of 21 – including a vice-captain and skipper – to be announced at the W Awards on Tuesday, April 20.

The midfield trio of Brianna Davey, Britt Bonnici and Jaimee Lambert have all made the cut, as well as forward Chloe Molloy, while defensive stalwarts Stacey Livingstone and Ruby Schleicher round out the Magpies' contingent.

Looks like it’ll clash with a GWS game at the MCG.

NAB AFL Women’s Finals Series Week Two
Saturday, April 10

Adelaide v Melbourne at the Adelaide Oval, 1.40pm ACST

Brisbane v Collingwood at the Gabba, 4.10pm AEST

Looks like it’ll clash with a GWS game at the MCG.

NAB AFL Women’s Finals Series Week Two
Saturday, April 10

Adelaide v Melbourne at the Adelaide Oval, 1.40pm ACST

Brisbane v Collingwood at the Gabba, 4.10pm AEST
I wonder whether the club will do something there so we can watch and walk to the G.

I wonder whether the club will do something there so we can watch and walk to the G.

How long before an MCG game do the gates open? Maybe stick it on the MCG big screens? Probably not too many other options ...

The Glasshouse will be used for pre-game (men’s) social club - and yeah, the women’s game will be on the TV, but not for the wider supporter base. Setting up a big screen on the Holden Centre Oval will cost $$ which I’d imagine the club will be cutting back to the bone these days + not sure how worried they’d be about potential damage to the turf? IIRC the old bar at the front of the old Glasshouse has long ago been decommissioned. There is the auditorium, but that would only have a capacity for around 100 or so - nowhere near enough. Don’t think Vic Park has any facilities?

How long before an MCG game do the gates open? Maybe stick it on the MCG big screens? Probably not too many other options ...

The Glasshouse will be used for pre-game (men’s) social club - and yeah, the women’s game will be on the TV, but not for the wider supporter base. Setting up a big screen on the Holden Centre Oval will cost $$ which I’d imagine the club will be cutting back to the bone these days + not sure how worried they’d be about potential damage to the turf? IIRC the old bar at the front of the old Glasshouse has long ago been decommissioned. There is the auditorium, but that would only have a capacity for around 100 or so - nowhere near enough. Don’t think Vic Park has any facilities?
Not sure about any of those.

Anyway by the time I pick up my grand-daughter then drive to the G I will miss it.

Seems the only option I will have is to watch on the phone via the AFL app.

Seriously bad scheduling.

Not sure about any of those.

Anyway by the time I pick up my grand-daughter then drive to the G I will miss it.

Seems the only option I will have is to watch on the phone via the AFL app.

Seriously bad scheduling.

We’ll have to make some different arrangements for the GF.:p

COLLINGWOOD

B:
R.Schleicher 18 A.Porter 9
HB: A.Brazill 10 S.Livingstone 12 S.Casey 22
C: S.Chiocci 17 J.Lambert 13 E.Fowler 15
HF: A.Sheridan 14 S.Alexander 24 K.Stratton 41
F: C.Molloy 2 M.Cann 25
Foll: S.Norder 1 B.Davey - C 3 B.Bonnici 8
I/C: E.O'Dea 50 S.Rowe 7 T.Brown 26 B.Smith 19 M.Shevlin 35

Emerg: J.Lin 20 A.Newman 16

In: S.Casey
Out: J.Lin (omitted)

I feel bad for Lin. She has given her best efforts each time she stepped onto the field this year. But given a key reason why we lost to the Lions and Crows was their bigger size I can understand leaving her out

Feel for her too. She's a 'little goer' but size is probably the issue, given its a prelim. She's still a bit raw too, and with the increased pressure maybe prone to mistakes?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

COLLINGWOOD

B:
R.Schleicher 18 A.Porter 9
HB: A.Brazill 10 S.Livingstone 12 S.Casey 22
C: S.Chiocci 17 J.Lambert 13 E.Fowler 15
HF: A.Sheridan 14 S.Alexander 24 K.Stratton 41
F: C.Molloy 2 M.Cann 25
Foll: S.Norder 1 B.Davey - C 3 B.Bonnici 8
I/C: E.O'Dea 50 S.Rowe 7 T.Brown 26 B.Smith 19 M.Shevlin 35

Emerg: J.Lin 20 A.Newman 16

In: S.Casey
Out: J.Lin (omitted)

Lin Very Stiff

I agree. I feel for her too.

But Casey is in our best team, and will enhance our backline. Lin was unfortunate, but I think we have to go with our best combination for such a cut throat final. She'll get plenty of chances going forward though.

Port Adelaide need a team for 2022 or 2023, the talent that Adelaide have a monopoly over currently is insane. Essendon or Hawthorn could easily fit in and the overall talent would drop too heavily either.

As for concessions, I had heard some pretty strong rumours that Geelong would be getting some priority pick/s, West Coast and Gold Coast make sense, what they do for Gold Coast will be interesting, unless they just abolish the ability for girls to nominate Brisbane OR Gold Coast zone it's hard to see what can be done. I can't imagine what other teams have been bad enough this season to deserve concessions though

Port Adelaide need a team for 2022 or 2023, the talent that Adelaide have a monopoly over currently is insane. Essendon or Hawthorn could easily fit in and the overall talent would drop too heavily either.

As for concessions, I had heard some pretty strong rumours that Geelong would be getting some priority pick/s, West Coast and Gold Coast make sense, what they do for Gold Coast will be interesting, unless they just abolish the ability for girls to nominate Brisbane OR Gold Coast zone it's hard to see what can be done. I can't imagine what other teams have been bad enough this season to deserve concessions though

Suns need a new coach first. Probably wise to have one before the trade period.

True. They recruited from within yeah? Maybe they could do that. But feel like they'll try for someone more experienced. Wonder if they may look at Goddard?
Goddard would be an unbelievable pick up, but I wonder if she'd be up for that move to Queensland? They need someone special though, if someone as good as Starcevich has been for Brisbane could come in that'd be superb

Can the players who get traded change their VFLW team midseason too?
I believe so, from my understanding it's similar to local football with a cut off date (if there's no contract). Even Sarah Dargan from Richmond is moving to West Adelaide for the SANFLW season and she hasn't been delisted, so it's obviously doable to some degree

Remove this Banner Ad

Back