News Magpies AFLW/VFLW News.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm glad that we seem to have had no further injuries this week.
I believe that our AFL W squad is getting a bit thin now, and we have to survive the tough
2 interstate trips before the Finals series.

From our squad of 30
We have Jordan M out
and It's getting late for Ash B and Abbey Green to get themselves right.
It's hard to know what training they are doing at present.
Imogen Purcell is just learning her footy and is not a candidate to play AFL W this year (imho).

That leaves only 5 other players that didn't play last week.

The first 2 are crucial
Sarah Rowe is very important but her recurrent shoulder injury is a worry.
Maddie Shelvlin I rate highly but she was very rusty in her half of VFL W last weekend.

And then
Bella, has her moments but I'm not sure what her best position is at AFL W level.
Amelia has great promise but is inexperienced especially for a finals game.
Kristy Stratton is OK but nothing more.

Pessimistic me is very keen to see Sarah and Maddie back up to speed and with Amelia - I hope they
can get an AFL W game in before finals time.

Was wondering how the new draw looked in terms of who played whom. Actually ends up pretty even.

Looking at the current top 7 sides on the ladder, every side except the Bears and the Dees have played/will play 5 teams outside the top 6, 4 teams within the top 6. The Bears and Dees it's actually reversed.

Freo, the Bears, and the Doggies do get a benefit of playing 3 of the bottom 4 sides whereas the others only get to play 2 of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My only concern with the new draw is three games in a row at Vic Park this early in the season reduces the chances for Vic Park double headers with the VFL later in the season.

We've only got 1 more H&A game there but as the team (currently) on top of the ladder, shouldn't we get the home venue? I'd be surprised if that means Vic Park unless there's a major shift in crown numbers. Maybe Princess Park or Docklands.

We've only got 1 more H&A game there but as the team (currently) on top of the ladder, shouldn't we get the home venue? I'd be surprised if that means Vic Park unless there's a major shift in crown numbers. Maybe Princess Park or Docklands.
Sorry I should have been clearer, I meant Rd 4-6 in the VFLW

Good interview of Molloy by Ash.

Pity as such a big game, hope it doesn't unsettle them.

They can easily get Distracted and that be bit Unfair on the Club as no other club has to do it.

Been better to Re-Schedule the Game

They can easily get Distracted and that be bit Unfair on the Club as no other club has to do it.

Been better to Re-Schedule the Game
Other teams have needed to FIFO earlier in the season. Its just what it is. Unfortunate but imbalances like this are just something we'll need to accept.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back