> ALBERTON OVAL
>
> Reserves - 11.35am
> League - 2.20pm
>
> Entry - $2.00
>
>
> After a successful first trial game, Port Adelaide takes on Glenelg this Saturday in our second trial game for the 2004 season. All supporters are welcome. The following teams have been named for the League & Reserves.
>
>
> Port Adelaide Magpies
> League Squad
>
> 1. BROWN Anthony
> 3. DAVIS Chad
> 4. RAINES Nick
> 5. FUNCKE Ross
> 8. FRANCIS Fabian
> 9. COCKATO-COLLINS Che
> 11. BUTLER Nick
> 12. ASHLEY Mathew
> 13. DE PASQUALE Kristian
> 14. ELSTONE Daniel
> 20. McDOWALL Nathan
> 22. FITZGERALD Dane
> 24. ILETT Cameron
> 26. WILSON James
> 30. SMITH Phil
> 31. POULTON Jarred
> 32. FIEGERT Nigel
> 33. O'LOUGHLIN Ricky
> 34. PARRY Craig
> 40. CLAYTON Mark
> 43. AHCHEE Corey
> 44. MANN Peter
> 45. KING Mathew
> 47. MATTHEWS Anthony
>
>
>
> Port Adelaide Magpies
> Reserves Squad
>
> 1. MILERA Joseph
> 3. KENNY Boyd
> 9. FIORA Scott
> 14. CAHILL Brodie
> 16. COARD Sean
> 24. JACQUES Jeremy
> 25. FRASER Scott
> 27. WHITE Luke
> 29. LOHDE Karl
> 30. HABNER Mark
> 31. BIACSI Shane
> 34. MUNN Geoffrey
> 35. LEES Daniel
> 36. BOURKE Damien
> 37. FLYNN Nathan
> 38. JENNER Kyle
> 39. CLARKE Derek
> 40. PICKETT Dustin
> 42. ANDREWS Mitchell
> 44. EICHNER Steven
> 46. NATT Travis
> 47. SCHELL Josh
> 48. DUNCAN Luke
> 50. CHRISTOFIS Paul
> 51. FAIRHURST Steven
> 54. CHILDS Shaun
> 58 LEWIS Ryan

Two bucks?
A fair price for being given the opportunity to see the Magpies wipe the floor with the Bays(again).
And to see the 2005 Magarey medallist (Anthony Brown or Ricky O'Loughlin) in action.

Re: Re: Magpies v the Gays

Originally posted by The Floodbuster
It made me thin for a second if this was the Peter Mann who played AFL last decade, then I realised it couldn't be as he would be nearly 40 right?

Could be him. He played from 1994-1999. If he was 20 when he started he's only 30 now. And of course he could be younger. Unfortunately I could not check as the AFL record in 1997 and 1998 did not list a players DOB and I don't have the 1999 Port Adelaide v Fremantle record.

No Peter Mann's a 19yo midfielder from the west coast of SA. Did a pre season with the Power at the end of last year but wasn't drafted.

Originally posted by The Floodbuster
It made me thin for a second if this was the Peter Mann who played AFL last decade, then I realised it couldn't be as he would be nearly 40 right?

The name Damian Bourke raises the same question. But unless Ayrehead & co have snuck onto the magpies recruiting team i reckon they must just be namesakes.

Originally posted by macca23
The heading of this thread cracks me up!! :D

I thought it must have been an internal trial when I first read it!! ;)

Or the cows got lost going to kadina.

Re: Re: Re: Magpies v the Gays

Originally posted by Eago77
The name Damian Bourke raises the same question. But unless Ayrehead & co have snuck onto the magpies recruiting team i reckon they must just be namesakes.

Damian Bourke is a 19yr Old Kid from pt Lincoln over here going to uni, will be a handy player once he puts a bit more beef on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few of the new recruits looked alright.
Chad Davis - got a bit of it, should be a good pick up.
Nick Raines - small running forward (maybe midfielder), good skills, another good pickup i reckon.
Nick Butler - very tall ruckman, did alright, body needs a bit of development, should provide good support to Parry & Ackland (when not injured!).
Matthew King (ok he was around last year) - did a couple of good things, might come on a bit this year.
Phil Smith - took a good grab, kicked truly a couple of times (i think), should be ok, but i thought that a few years ago.

Of the older blokes:
Brown - still got it.
Rickt o - ditto.
Flash - didn't play that well, kicking let him down a number of times early on.
Che - ran around like a headless chook, played down back (HBF) or wing a lot.
Buzz - always chips in for a couple of goals, hopefully has another good year.

Others:
Parry - will have another good year i'd imagine, his kicking has improved in the off season.
Fitzgerald - looks to have grown a bit, played BP for a while and looked ok, i'd keep him up the ground though.
Poults - was named best but i didn't think he did that well.
Matt Ashley - played a useful game.

The Funk-o-meter
He stank it up early (no suprise there), first two kicks straight to opposition players. But did however return the best piece of play i've ever seen from him in the 3rd quarter, he ran down an opponent (from about 15m behind), saved a goal with the tackle and then kicked out after the behind and hit a player (one of ours!) outside of fifty which led to another Port attack.

Do you think Buzz will ever make it to the big league or has his time passed??????

Is he too slow for the AFL

Originally posted by PtLincolnpower
Do you think Buzz will ever make it to the big league or has his time passed??????

I'd love to say he'd make it at AFL level but i doubt he would. Good goalsneak in the SANFL but there are plenty of players a head of him. Let him stay at the Magpies and kick 40 goals a season for the next 5-10 years!

Originally posted by PtLincolnpower

Nah hes nowhere near good enough for AFL. Hes 23 or so now so his time has well and truly gone.

My Dad saw the 2's and said Mark Habner was one of the best.

Most Port supporters will like the way Daniel Ellstone attacks the ball. Nick Butler also impressive IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back