Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

iDon

Find me on the Golf Board
Jan 30, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
As part of a BigFooty wide initiative, we are seeking feedback from you all about the Main Board. What works, what doesn't, how we moderators are doing and what we can do to make it better.

Vote in the poll, but take some time to give us your thoughts.

This thread will remain open for seven days and we will respond seven days after its closure. The only moderator intervention will be to remove offensive material.

And the only rider is, please don't target other posters in here. If you have specific concerns about a poster, PM the mods and we'll talk there. We want this to be a constructive, mutually beneficial exercise.

Thanks guys - hopefully we get some good feedback we can all work with.

- The MB Fraternity

Last edited by a moderator:
Take further action against the Essendon stirrers on the hot topic board. The times where certain Essendon posters have derailed and damaged discussions in threads because they don't like the conversation is frequent. It makes it worse when they come in with silly smart arse replies trolling your team or you. It is fair enough to ban people who want to take the time to reply with peptide trolls but basically it is no different when they come in with smart arsed replies to you or your team and derail the thread.

Overral pretty good effort and its usually a pleasant experience to post on the main board. One issue is trolling in game day threads has steadily increased as the year has gone on and Bay 13 terms (such as lol norf etc) are creeping in far too often.

Take further action against the Essendon stirrers on the hot topic board. The times where certain Essendon posters have derailed and damaged discussions in threads because they don't like the conversation is frequent. It makes it worse when they come in with silly smart arse replies trolling your team or you. It is fair enough to ban people who want to take the time to reply with peptide trolls but basically it is no different when they come in with smart arsed replies to you or your team and derail the thread.

This is for the main board, not the HTB.

In the same vein, getting real sick of trying to have an on topic discussion only for it being constantly de-railed with jibes about drugs. Supporters aren't on trial, we shouldn't have to put up with that rubbish when trying to have a serious discussion on the main board. Posters even bring in the club/saga into a discussions when it has zero relevance just to throw it off topic or to score cheap points.

It's hard to tell whether the HTB has been a good or bad thing.

On the one hand, it has theoretically prevented people from posting too much nonsense on the actual main board about the issue.

On the other hand, it is legitmised trolling. I mean, the 'boards in focus' specifically calls the board 'ASADA and EFC', despite the name of the board not mentioning Essendon.

You have to be joking.

Being an EFC supporter basically precludes you from having a conversation on HTB and often any other football board.

And before you go "you bring on yourselves", it doesn't matter how you act. You can be as sensible or as big a troll as you like, within seconds somebody shoots you down not because of your argument, but "well that doesn't matter coz Hird is a cheat and you're in a cult".

This is I would dispute in the case of gameday threads. They're shocking, every second post in an Essendon GDT is a drug troll.

The response is always "report the posts". You'd literally be reporting every post. Maybe the mods could go back over a few and moderate them and punish people, might help.

Yep, mods seem to want us to do the work for them. FFS we have a thread about Melbourne tanking on the main board right now? How is that useful? Only a complete moron would think we are tanking right now. It's just a troll thread, yet it stands.

It's hard to tell whether the HTB has been a good or bad thing.

On the one hand, it has theoretically prevented people from posting too much nonsense on the actual main board about the issue.

On the other hand, it is legitmised trolling. I mean, the 'boards in focus' specifically calls the board 'ASADA and EFC', despite the name of the board not mentioning Essendon.

HTB is ok in theory, thing is it's not moderated.

It's meant to be a troll free zone yet for example you have a poster named "Jab Whatsin" trolling nonstop and he lasts 6 months.

But it's become obvious why it exists - hits - and I think everybody is now clear on what it is, Bay 13 in red and black.

Main board's pretty good except for the gameday threads. They always descend into umpire bashing and trolling.

Maybe not relevant to the thread, but at what point in the ASADA process can we start saying that Essendon doped? On the main board it's fine to state or suggest that Carlton cheated the cap or that Melbourne tanked so naturally when this winds up there should be no problem stating it. I would suggest when infraction notices are handed down.

Just a possible problem to consider for the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lines are too blurred between this and Bay 13.

When I joined up, the MB was used to talk footy and Bay 13 was largely full of crafty troll threads - including from old mate Duritz who was in his prime.

Now, the MB is full to the brim with crafty (and some not even) troll threads, and Bay 13 is full of dimwits yelling at eachother and perpetuating stupid stereotypes.

Also, any use of words like Essendope and Injectiondon really should incur a week long red.

Main board's pretty good except for the gameday threads. They always descend into umpire bashing and trolling.

Maybe not relevant to the thread, but at what point in the ASADA process can we start saying that Essendon doped? On the main board it's fine to state or suggest that Carlton cheated the cap or that Melbourne tanked so naturally when this winds up there should be no problem stating it. I would suggest when infraction notices are handed down.

Just a possible problem to consider for the future.

It's quite amazing that someone manages to troll within a thread about improving the main board, yet here we are.

I realise you are very eager to be allowed to freely make your own truth known, but currently there has been no ruling that the EFC engaged in doping.

It's quite amazing that someone manages to troll within a thread about improving the main board, yet here we are.

I realise you are very eager to be allowed to freely make your own truth known, but currently there has been no ruling that the EFC engaged in doping.

I know you consider it trolling because you don't like to hear it, but all of my posts about Essendon are serious and not intended to bait other posters. Including the one above.

The same trolls who continue to rejoin and s**t up threads with obvious bait is tiresome, particularly when it's blindingly obvious that they've just made a new account. Then again, as long as people are viewing the ads Chief probably doesn't give a s**t.

The biggest issue is the trolls rule what gets discussed and what doesn't.

There are many different topics that get shut down because for the mods it's just easier to lock the thread than wade through the pile of s**t and sort it out for it to end up like s**t again an hour later. This is understandable and as already mentioned they have lives however why don't you get more mods for the MB?

Now maybe Chief doesn't care about fair or maybe he makes more money from trolls, i don't know, but why not ban repeat offenders, remove board posting privileges etc so that the rational footy fans can discuss topics that we should be able to discuss.

As it stands bad posters rule the MB and if the Mod team were serious about providing a good service to the true footy fan, they would do something about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back