main event last nite

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 14, 2005
NoR
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
lakers, nufc, subi, colts
anyone see the very first hand of the tournament. some actor guy has pocket 10's and pro player has ace 10, flop comes out, ace 10 ace, actor laughing as he has full house 10 10 10 ace ace, pro player stony as ya like had the nuts. actor goes all in is called and is GORN after the first hand of the tournament. $10000 well spent

chunkylover said:
anyone see the very first hand of the tournament. some actor guy has pocket 10's and pro player has ace 10, flop comes out, ace 10 ace, actor laughing as he has full house 10 10 10 ace ace, pro player stony as ya like had the nuts. actor goes all in is called and is GORN after the first hand of the tournament. $10000 well spent

He shouldnt have laughed but he was bloody unlucky on that one. Would have been good to watch.

yer i missed the first 10 mins, but will catch the replay.
u gotta love phil hellmuth, he backs up his talk with his play, does get unlucky a lot, one of my favs, and daniel negraneu(sp) and sammy farha too good readers there.

last week was the worst luck i've ever seen by a player
Jennifer Harman- very good female player was against some random, she had QQ, other dude had 8d 9d, flop comes 10, jd, qc/s/h, thus giving Harman a set, the other dude straight to the Queen, they both paid to see the Turn.
10d i think, anyway it gave Harman a Full House, and the other dude still had his straight, but now had a straight flush draw.
however as a flush wouldn't help him, he needed the 7 of diamonds to win.
The river hit 7d, and Harman's chip stack was crippled. This was the early hands of the main event and this really stuffed her up, she eventally got knocked out not long after, holding yeh u guessed it QQ

Whileyigotabighead said:
last week was the worst luck i've ever seen by a player
Jennifer Harman- very good female player was against some random, she had QQ, other dude had 8d 9d, flop comes 10, jd, qc/s/h, thus giving Harman a set, the other dude straight to the Queen, they both paid to see the Turn.
10d i think, anyway it gave Harman a Full House, and the other dude still had his straight, but now had a straight flush draw.
however as a flush wouldn't help him, he needed the 7 of diamonds to win.
The river hit 7d, and Harman's chip stack was crippled. This was the early hands of the main event and this really stuffed her up, she eventally got knocked out not long after, holding yeh u guessed it QQ

Yeh I saw that. How lucky was that dude to get the 7 of Diamonds. :)

Hellmuth is also a crack up.

Hellmuth is also a crack up.

Recently in ESPN has held a Tournament of Champions tournament featuring qualifies from the WSOP circuit events, and the World Series final table. However, in order to get more "star power", Hellmuth, Doyle Brunson and Johnny Chan were "invited" to the event.

Anyways, the final table was today, and Phil Hellmuth was in the chip lead, with Mike Matusow close behind. I was reading updates on the web before, and my lord, Matusow was ripping on Hellmuth constantly and it was absolutely hilarious.

I won't give away the winner, however, as it will most likely be on ESPN here early next year as it's being broadcast in the states on Christmas Eve.

And, yes, Joe Hachem played the event, and was one of the first knocked out.

Whileyigotabighead said:
yer i missed the first 10 mins, but will catch the replay.
u gotta love phil hellmuth, he backs up his talk with his play, does get unlucky a lot,

gets unlucky a lot? crap.

He goes off the other day that quack quack man called him with a 77 to knock Hellmouth out with his random picture collection. Quack quack bet probably 10% of his stack at most into a 55% play and Phil reckons the other guy's made a bad call.

Hey Phil, maybe he had a good read?

Phil's quad Jacks are of course great skill, anothr guys quads on Phil is apparantly an injustice of the highest order.

I hate the guy with a passion, he can probably read players as good as anyone, his weakness is he doesn't respect anyone or their abilities.

Crosby87 said:
es, Joe Hachem played the event, and was one of the first knocked out.

Does anyone think he's just going to be another one of thoes "one-off" types and just never be heard from again? Raymer and Moneymaker are both still there, and Moneymaker (if you're watching the main event) just seems to be in a real bad streak, where as I think Raymer is a better player from what I've seen. We havent seen Joe yet so we cant really say I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back