Mainstream things that you enjoy

Remove this Banner Ad

How is mainstream music awful? Anything that becomes popular is mainstream music. 99% of what is played on 'non-mainstream' Triple J is awful.

I don't know how the Aria albums chart works (Ed Sheeran x 3, Adele x 2 make up the top 5) but the top 40 includes Crowded House, Cold Chisel, Metallica, Sia, The Wiggles, Tash Sultana...

Commercial radio is a mix of music pushed by record labels and music that is already popular.

True Scotland, very true. Plenty of music does well in the charts that never gets played on popular radio. Pretty sure Iron Maiden was top 10 for their last album.

Sent from mTalk

Anyone who says they don't like pop music is lying. Whether you like The Beatles, Metallica, AC/DC, Kanye West, Eminem or Flume, it'd be very unusual not to enjoy something contemporary.

Even bands like Arcade Fire or The Arctic Monkeys I'd consider pop music.

I really like Dire Straits myself.

As Scotland pointed out though, music is a funny one. What's popular and mainstream isn't always commercial.

Sent from mTalk

Anyone who says they don't like pop music is lying. Whether you like The Beatles, Metallica, AC/DC, Kanye West, Eminem or Flume, it'd be very unusual not to enjoy something contemporary.

I am talking about mainstream music since 2005-ish to currently, not older decades. Particularly the last five years and since when was Arcade Fire ever promoted in the mainstream?? maybe Triple J at best.

I am talking about mainstream music since 2005-ish, not older decades. Particularly the last five years and since when was Arcade Fire ever promoted in the mainstream?? maybe Triple J at best.

JJJ is very mainstream these days.

Any band that plays arena shows is genuinely a big band.

Swan Draught. Solid stuff. General go to at the start of a night out. Not really avaliable at clubs but the odd tavern or restaurant still has them on tap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like women.

I like big butts an' I can not lie.
You otha brothas can't deny.
That when a girl walks in wit' a itty bitty waist an'
A round thing in yo' face. You get SPRUNG.
Want to pull up tough, cuz you notice that butt was STUFFED.
Deep in the jeans she has wearin'.
I am hooked an' I cannot stop starin'.
Oh baby, I want to get wit' ya,

shouldn't that be the arcade fire and arctic monkeys?

In a way I like mainstream music. I listen to metal, but prefer the mainstream metal bands like Slipknot, Rammstein and Disturbed, etc. Not mainstream as such, but invokes an eye roll from "real" metalheads because of their popularity.

I like the Big Bang Theory.
I drink Hahn Super Dry.
I like Marvel movies.
I live in SA and barrack for the Crows.
I like McDonalds, KFC and Pizza Hut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back