Majak Daw and Mason Cox, from feel good stories to important cogs

Remove this Banner Ad

That Cox tap down to Mihocek after a monstrous Pendlebury centre clearance from a perfect Grundy hitout to set up another De Goey goal......could watch that over and over again......

Cox has definitely arrived as a player that opposition coaches actually have to worry about. Has a great footy brain now and knows where to be and knows his strengths and weaknesses and plays to them.

pendlebury-norm-smith_5rkcxu9ouiiv1adkg6fzw8zg6.jpg

670020-jim-stynes.jpg

pendlebury was hardly a basketball convert in the way cox was. he wasnt just pulled out of some random bball team

Very dangerous player when Pies are up and about and delivering the ball well. He would be frustrated with the way the ball has been delivered at times (to his feet), but when it’s delivered to the right spot it’s hard to stop him (if he has his marking hands equipped).

Good set shot too. Maybe the trick is to grab forwards from other codes as they never picked up any bad habits kicking as a junior. Start them off with elite training and start them he right way

All players have 'moments', did you see Howes centering ball across HB today? If Mick was still our coach he would've ran onto the ground and stabbed him, that play was bizarre, not sure WTF he was thinking.

I laughed hard at that because I can see Mick doing that. I'm still am surprised that he never headbutted a reporter.

Daw... not sold on him, but happy to see him prove me wrong.

Cox.. Seems to get better with each game. I think that by 2020/21 he will be the guy that the opposition coaches look at first when it comes to working out how to beat the pies.

Majak Daw got thrashed by Shaun Mckernan last week lol, pretty much all you need to know about him. Then the he plays a good game against Gold Coast and suddenly everyone thinks he's a great player. Wouldn't be on an AFL list if it weren't for his skin colour and background.

Majak Daw got thrashed by Shaun Mckernan last week lol, pretty much all you need to know about him. Then the he plays a good game against Gold Coast and suddenly everyone thinks he's a great player. Wouldn't be on an AFL list if it weren't for his skin colour and background.
I don't want to make this into a tit for tat thing, but Essendon persisted with Tayte Pears for nine seasons....

It's certainly not a race thing.

Some players take a long time and clubs are prepared to stash a big guy like Daw (or McKernan or Pears) on their list for many years in the hope they'll deliver around 25 years of age.

Cox has taken more contested marks than Jack Reiwoldt, Ben Brown, Tom Hawkins and Buddy Franklin.

7B24A6C3-1B58-4E6C-B3BF-A6043CE71032.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKernan kicked goals out his ass last week. Majak wasn't on him for any of his goals although the last one h was in the play but he wasn't great last week but then again either was Tarrant or Thompson. Not exactly a great defensive game. He won us the game against the Dogs so he has form this year.

What, the point is he's below average and if he wasn't American he wouldn't be on a list?

This s**t of converting basketballers, the Irish is a ****in joke and much of the reason the game is the low skilled, fumbly, pack ehavy thing it is – if you're list doesn't have decent kicks or footy smarts then pegging everyone else down to the same level is the viable option.

While the game is all that to a point clearly you have not watched any pies or roos games this year. Cox e.g. has basically unseated the previous best 22 first 2 KPFs. Scarily effective in the modern game.

Daw am not sold on. But has raw talent and is a crucial player in his role.

Majak Daw does not have 'raw talent.' He can't run smartly, doesn't know how to use the ball, and he's clumsy. Ultimately he's just tall, absolutely massive, and a unit but he can't kick or be used around the ground. He is s**t. Someone with raw talent would be your short, unathletic player with great skills.

No doubt that Cox has improved a lot

Takes a good grab , but so he should if the ball is delivered half decently to him . He is nearly 7 foot with a long reach !
More impressive is he seems to have decent footy smarts about him.

Doesn’t lack any confidence and seems to have a fairly good opinion of himself.

You post a lot of garbage
Thinking Majak Daw is s**t is a garbage thought?

He's been on a list for what, nine years and played less than 50 games. People say he's 'arrived' after kicking three at Etihad and inevitably he's dropped a fortnight later. He's a cameo player but even then he's got no footy smarts and he's simply just a massive unit. Honestly if he was only 24 and had played that many games you'd still be axing him.

Majak Daw lol. Lucky to still even be on North's list. Going okay in defence atm but jeez they'd want to have someone lined up to replace him soon. Mason Cox going better this year than I expected. Again, probably lucky to still be on a list after the first couple of years he dished up but he's taken his opportunity and is now a serviceable player who's had a couple of good games and a couple of excellent ones. Prone to the odd sub 5 disposal howler but has shown enough that he's worth persisting with. Trade bait if Lynch were to go to Collingwood though, could even be steak knives if such a deal were to happen.

No doubt that Cox has improved a lot

Takes a good grab , but so he should if the ball is delivered half decently to him . He is nearly 7 foot with a long reach !
More impressive is he seems to have decent footy smarts about him.

Doesn’t lack any confidence and seems to have a fairly good opinion of himself.
That’s what I love about him. He wants the footy when the game is on the line. He wants to be that player that’s having the goal winning shot. Not every player has that.

Cox is proving to be a pretty quick learner; great advertisement of the game where he's getting games on merit instead of just being handed games.

Majak Daw got thrashed by Shaun Mckernan last week lol, pretty much all you need to know about him. Then the he plays a good game against Gold Coast and suddenly everyone thinks he's a great player.
Wouldn't be on an AFL list if it weren't for his skin colour and background.
Love watching Mason Cox though.
Spoken like a true Trump white supremacist.

Doesn’t lack any confidence and seems to have a fairly good opinion of himself.[/QUOTE]

I would too if I walked into a foreign sport and was an important player in the team sitting second on the ladder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back