Play Nice Majak Daw in hospital after jumping from the Bolte bridge

Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Majak showed good signs in 2018 of carving out a career at North as a key defender. 18 games was twice as many as his next best tally for a season - 9 in 2016 when his form probably didn't warrant a place in the team and he was gifted a few games.

Hopefully he can get back to where he was from a football point of view and string a few solid seasons together. Even if he doesn't, it's great that he's back at the club with his mates, giving it his best shot and moving forward in his life, one step at a time..

I think everyone in the football world is behind him and wishes him well.

Majak showed good signs in 2018 of carving out a career at North as a key defender. 18 games was twice as many as his next best tally for a season - 9 in 2016 when his form probably didn't warrant a place in the team and he was gifted a few games.

Hopefully he can get back to where he was from a football point of view and string a few solid seasons together. Even if he doesn't, it's great that he's back at the club with his mates, giving it his best shot and moving forward in his life, one step at a time..

I think everyone in the football world is behind him and wishes him well.

He was the backup ruckman for Goldy, so he wasn't exactly gifted games. In 2018 when he went into the ruck he had a better hitout to advantage ratio than Goldy or NN so he wasn't a mug.

The major issue was with the amount of time Goldy spent rucking, what was the best way to utilise Daw outside of the ruck. CHF is an extremely hard position to play well, most players do not play it well. Alistair Lynch tried to get Scott to play Daw as a defender around mid season in 2017, it didn't pan out that way but the club talked about it over the pre-season and he was moved into the defensive squad over the pre-season and the rest is history.

His biggest issue was that he would get injured just as he started to play well in other roles, which kept setting him back. He thankfully had a good run of it last year.

I do hope he can return to full health and from a selfish point of view get back to the way he was playing last year, however, his health is the most important issue.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm really happy to see Majak back and well on the road to recovery. I hope he's in a better place mentally as well. I dislike how the media continue to talk about how he fell from the bridge though.

He didn't fall, he jumped. It just feels like they're trying to sweep the whole incident under the carpet and pretend it was an accident. We should be getting this out into the open and using it as a way to initiate a conversation about mental health.

Heck, we just had Dusty coming out and talking about how he was depressed off the back of pretty much the ultimate footballing year. So it's clearly an issue that warrants discussion. Let's get rid of the stigma attached to this sort of thing so people can stop being embarrassed at letting other people know when they're struggling.

Nov 8, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I hate to be 'that guy'. I am not sure a relationship where a man made a hot blooded decision to jump from a bridge after an argument with his partner a few months back is the ideal environment to bring a baby into the fold.

The fact that he has recovered so well from his injuries is fantastic though.

Last edited:

Masher

Cancelled
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
I hate to be 'that guy'. I am not sure a relationship where a man made a hot blooded decision to jump from a bridge after an argument with his partner a few months back is the ideal environment to bring a baby into the fold.

Was thinking the same thing. It's way too soon to make these sorts of decisions They broke up and Majik did this and many woman do go back to partners over emotion. They then think a new baby will heal all the pain of the past

I hope it works out but past history shows unless they deal with the real issues its becomes a band-aid solution

The physical body heals far more quickly than the mental and emotional problems

Bazz_27

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LFC,

I agree with the sentiment however it is far to harsh to judge a relationship from the outside. Let's hope the unfortunate incident changes his outlook on life for the better. The moment he holds his baby his life will change forever and perhaps that is what he needs. Best wishes to the bloke, running and obviously getting some after dark activities done only a few months after such a massive injury.

Yeah, I hate to be That Guy who calls you a cretin, but he didn't jump off the bridge because he'd a had a fight with his girlfriend.

Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood

So all our personal lives just go buy without a hitch?

Good on him. Hope it all works out for him.

Back