Major announcements: Toyo Tires in as co-major sponsor, Leon Cameron signs extension

Remove this Banner Ad

Great news on two fronts. Especially Leon, who gave every indication that he wants to be here beyond 2018 as well.

My only reservation about the whole thing is the number of sponsors we've been through in such a short space of time. Skoda, Lifebroker, SpotJobs - none of them renewed after their initial term. Virgin are still in their first term and haven't yet extended.

Short sponsor Dyldam is the only one we've kept long term.

It's one thing to get and talk up new sponsors - how about we try keeping them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing I like about the LC announcement now is the early message it sends to the guys we need to sign up this year. "If part of your decision is whether I will be around? Well, there's your answer. Now what else can we do Mr Ward, Mr Whitfield, Mr Mumford?"

As an aside. Can one be just whelmed?

Of course you can. Bit the same as overwhelmed really. One of the meanings of whelmed is: to be overcome in thought or feeling (MW). People often think it is to feel neutral, but that is wrong AFAIK. Anyway, that is the extent of my nerd work for today!

One of the best coaches in the competition IMO.

Over the last month it has dawned on me how much his coaching style reminds me of Clarkson.

One of the best coaches in the competition IMO.

Over the last month it has dawned on me how much his coaching style reminds me of Clarkson.
Well he was taught in that system. I dont think it's coincidence we sought a coach from the Hawks. I think his strength is generally believed to be empathy with his players. From memory Clarkson was more a tough coach, at least in his early years but that's just public perception I guess. He has been criticised foŕ tactical nouse but not this year. How much of that is he just has the cattle this year it's hard to judge. I haven't noticed any tactical weakness in our coaching group though.
Bottom line is we love him and all indications are the club does too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back