Opinion Major changes for 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

No one thought my boy Mabior could kick goals 'til that franchise near Movie World recruited him and got him to kick goals.
Maybe there's some spud somewhere who is only a spud because they don't have elite Melbourne Demons development to turn them into a superstar.
Lewie Mitchell kicked 20 goals last year this year he kick 40. Stengle I never even heard off he kicks goals too all of a sudden.

Time for their recruiters to find some diamonds in the rough, get me some Lewie Mitchell or My Boy Mabior or some of that Stengle from the scrapheap.
Or tell Charlie Curnow he will never play finals again unless he moves from Carlton to Dees. Give me his number I'll call him myself and tell him.

Don't give me this "we got grundies because there was nothing else available" make something available you campaigners.
For all their laughable incompetence, Neeld and Schwab secretly sleeping in a youth hostel before taking Mitch Clark for brekky at the Brisbane equivalent of the Ritz to steal him from Freo was a masterclass in this.

Bring back the Neeld era "scattergun" trading philosophy that saw us pick up Rodan, Pederson, Gillies and Byrnes in the one trade period

Them were the days
How on earth are you forgetting Dawesy?

Mitch Clark, ugh.

* he was a good player. I was dead against the trade though, I got some very disreputable acquaintances, everyone needs a handy criminal in their life though right? Sort of blokes who go on a bender at the drop of a hat, day or night, weekday weekend, no dramas wherever whenever. If there's no party to go to, you make one, just make sure it's not your house because as soon as your back was turned these dudes would steal your s**t, that's just who they were, good sorts otherwise though. Anyway these blokes were very close with Mitch, and that was enough to turn me right off, I always figured I'm not an AFL player I never played any sport but if I knew Mitch was hanging out with shady campaigners (same dudes I was) then surely our recruiters could do some "due diligence" and figure it out, but alas.

So yeah can't complain when Mitch got courted by shitty Corio Bay behind our back I mean that's how we got him too.

No one thought my boy Mabior could kick goals 'til that franchise near Movie World recruited him and got him to kick goals.
Maybe there's some spud somewhere who is only a spud because they don't have elite Melbourne Demons development to turn them into a superstar.
Lewie Mitchell kicked 20 goals last year this year he kick 40. Stengle I never even heard off he kicks goals too all of a sudden.

Time for their recruiters to find some diamonds in the rough, get me some Lewie Mitchell or My Boy Mabior or some of that Stengle from the scrapheap.
Or tell Charlie Curnow he will never play finals again unless he moves from Carlton to Dees. Give me his number I'll call him myself and tell him.

Don't give me this "we got grundies because there was nothing else available" make something available you campaigners.

The old " we know youre contracted but you'll do as your told or we have ways of making you" recruiting....I like it Toump.

We'll stare into their ears and scream into their eyes, and they'll be playing for us in no time!

Mitch Clark, ugh.

* he was a good player. I was dead against the trade though, I got some very disreputable acquaintances, everyone needs a handy criminal in their life though right? Sort of blokes who go on a bender at the drop of a hat, day or night, weekday weekend, no dramas wherever whenever. If there's no party to go to, you make one, just make sure it's not your house because as soon as your back was turned these dudes would steal your s**t, that's just who they were, good sorts otherwise though. Anyway these blokes were very close with Mitch, and that was enough to turn me right off, I always figured I'm not an AFL player I never played any sport but if I knew Mitch was hanging out with shady campaigners (same dudes I was) then surely our recruiters could do some "due diligence" and figure it out, but alas.

So yeah can't complain when Mitch got courted by shitty Corio Bay behind our back I mean that's how we got him too.
Sounds like you needed to bail Josh Mahoney or whoever our list manager was at the time up in the carpark, look him in the eye, and tell him whats what

I want us to go after Hogan

Just what we need, a bloke who wants the ball kicked on his head and cant take a contested mark.

Forward line should function amazingly. :tearsofjoy:

How on earth are you forgetting Dawesy?

The way we played footy this year made me pine for Daweshhhy , would have been perfect for our game style, in desperate need of a contest to high bombs going inside 50 and down the line. :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch Clark, ugh.

That would be Mitch "ill always be a demon" Clark.

Just what we need, a bloke who wants the ball kicked on his head and cant take a contested mark.

He literally was 6th in the league for contested marks per game

Not bad for a bloke that can't take a contested mark

Mitch Clark, ugh.

I really like the idea of you joining our recruitment team, offering to take potential recruits to a party with your mates, and if they say yes then we tell them to piss off as they’ve failed the test.

He literally was 6th in the league for contested marks per game

Not bad for a bloke that can't take a contested mark

I didn't watch or take much notice of the giants this year as you can see.

Last time he played for us he was awful. Averaging ~ 1 per game over his final 2 years. For reference , that average was less than Ben Brown's was for us this year.

Last edited:

You’re not thinking this through properly.

I’m just imagining a scenario where Hogan and Jackson play primarily forward and Hogan gets twice as many goals. Which would be funny on every level.

That Hogan trade was so good, I didn't think it was so good at the time but it really was, Hoges didn't even play 20 games for Freo and we got a pick that landed us Stevie May, who has two AA's, a flag, and been punched out by Melksham for us. That's unreal trading, no wonder Freo are offering Dogga a million dollars a year, they're probably just doing it out of spite because we mauled them at the trade table, thanks for Langdon too dickheads.

You’re not thinking this through properly.

I’m just imagining a scenario where Hogan and Jackson play primarily forward and Hogan gets twice as many goals. Which would be funny on every level.

O I C 👀

This would be good if Hogan worked out. Fair point.

Sure, let's sign Jesse to try and spite Fremantle. I love a bit of spite.

O I C 👀

This would be good if Hogan worked out. Fair point.

Sure, let's sign Jesse to try and spite Fremantle. I love a bit of spite.
I’m all about spite. Flags are good, but spite is the BEST

I’m all about spite. Flags are good, but spite is the BEST

You've convinced me after I was here thinking there is no way someone is changing my mind on Hogan. Im fully on board with this.

Get Hogan you nuffies.

For all their laughable incompetence, Neeld and Schwab secretly sleeping in a youth hostel before taking Mitch Clark for brekky at the Brisbane equivalent of the Ritz to steal him from Freo was a masterclass in this.
That trade was so much fun. Felt like we'd finally grown a spine as a club and were going places.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back