Make an outlandish (but possible) prediction for 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

TP86

Club Legend
Apr 16, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Gold Coast to be the first winless team in a VFL/AFL season since 1964. Not because they'll any worse than this year but it's becoming increasingly difficult to find a fellow inhabitant of the AFL underclass within their reach.

I've been thinking about fixturing tweaks the AFL can do to make it a bit easier on them but I just can't see a nailed-on possible win in the first month to give them. Fremantle at Metricon? Demons at Metricon?

After that their best hope is getting fixtured teams on back-to-back interstate trips or consecutive six-day breaks. Maybe a tanking team or the arse falling out unexpectedly (maybe Essendon in handover mode?).

The closest we've come to a winless season in recent times was GWS who were winless until Round 19 of 2013. Fremantle 2001 who made it to Round 18 before knocking off Hawthorn (who started the round in third and were up by 40 points). Gold Coast made it to Round 16 in 2012. Fitzroy won their only game of 1996 in Round 8.

If Gold Coast can't win in the first month then they'll give a full winless season a shake. Given the media machine will probably be obligated to sell the positives about their offseason it may even catch a few people by surprise that they're still crap.

Last edited:

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Marlion Pickett to win Brownlow.
Chris Scott sacked and replaced by Ross Lyon.
Tom Hawkins 6 weeks for striking a smaller opponent.
Fremantle make the 8.
Melbourne finish 17 th again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suns will make finals and win an elim played at the mcg

Let's not go crazy Billy.

But youse have got some excellent talent, I really rate Dew, and once the belief is there, it will click pretty quickly.

Luko as CHB and King up forward could be the premier KP combo in the league very very quickly.

Adding Rowell into the guts, we haven't seen anything from Rankine yet.

I'm bullish on the Suns.

Bulldog Joe

Premiership Player
May 23, 2008
Tasmania
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hawthorn will finish on top of the ladder and win the premiership. Keeping Hawthorn's streak of winning at least one premiership each decade since the 60s in tact!

BT and Hamish will finally understand that less is more. So we will hear little from them. Ok this one might be tooooooo far fetched!

Hawthorn have already won 3 premierships in the decade ending in 2020.

Why don't people understand something so basic.
We are currently in the 19th year of the 21st century (or 3rd Millenium)

The 3rd decade of the 21st century will commence on 1 January 2021.

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
Is 2020 the start of the 20s or the 10th year of the 10s?

Think Hawks should wait til later in the 20s just to stop confusion

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hawthorn have already won 3 premierships in the decade ending in 2020.

Why don't people understand something so basic.
We are currently in the 19th year of the 21st century (or 3rd Millenium)

The 3rd decade of the 21st century will commence on 1 January 2021.
Aaaaah

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 24, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hawthorn will finish on top of the ladder and win the premiership. Keeping Hawthorn's streak of winning at least one premiership each decade since the 60s in tact!

BT and Hamish will finally understand that less is more. So we will hear little from them. Ok this one might be tooooooo far fetched!
Did you forget about 13,14,15? ;)

Mine would be Jon Patton wins the coleman medal and Giants make another Granny - edit, giants win the GF

Having been anointed the "glamour team" of 2020, and carrying a very significant debt, getting the most AFL assistance of any Victorian team, the Sainters become like the Dogs in 2016, beloved of the umpires and media,riding #freekickstkilda wave deep into the finals, maybe even a Grand Final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back