North
Port
Freo
Saints
Sydney
Melbourne
Carlton
Gold Coast

Look at Nostradamus over here with his outlandish prediction.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

An interstate side will finish on top after the H&A season and will have to play an MCG tenant in the Grand Final.

Hawthorn have already won 3 premierships in the decade ending in 2020.

Why don't people understand something so basic.
We are currently in the 19th year of the 21st century (or 3rd Millenium)

The 3rd decade of the 21st century will commence on 1 January 2021.

Something so basic, yet you still miss the mark. While measurements like decades are rather arbitrary, it is standard convention that they range from 0 to 9, not 1 to 0.

Something so basic, yet you still miss the mark. While measurements like decades are rather arbitrary, it is standard convention that they range from 0 to 9, not 1 to 0.
It’s also becoming standard convention to say teams are ‘versing’ each other. Still bloody wrong. There was no year 0.

Hawthorn have already won 3 premierships in the decade ending in 2020.

Why don't people understand something so basic.
We are currently in the 19th year of the 21st century (or 3rd Millenium)

The 3rd decade of the 21st century will commence on 1 January 2021.
Don’t sweat the technicalities

Just look at these
1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980

One of these numbers is not like the others.
Regardless of what’s technically correct it’s silly to call 1980 a part of the 1970s decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t sweat the technicalities

Just look at these
1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980

One of these numbers is not like the others.
Regardless of what’s technically correct it’s silly to call 1980 a part of the 1970s decade.
It is not silly, it is just lazy to not acknowledge that 1971 to 1980 is the 8th decade of the 20th century.

West Coast fall off a cliff and into the bottom 6.

Had 15 players in their finals team aged 27+ which means there’s a lot of players who are starting to hit the point where niggles can stack up and effectiveness of the field drops.

Plus West Coast players have historically had short careers. Whether it’s the travel, the prevalence of nose candy, whatever...

And while I like a lot of young players, I don’t necessarily see them getting better. Many are already pretty good and complementary to the veterans in an effective way, but not likely to take over from them

This prediction might be a year early but that’s the case for it - Outlandish and possible.

West Coast fall off a cliff and into the bottom 6.
WO
Had 15 players in their finals team aged 27+ which means there’s a lot of players who are starting to hit the point where niggles can stack up and effectiveness of the field drops.

Plus West Coast players have historically had short careers. Whether it’s the travel, the prevalence of nose candy, whatever...

And while I like a lot of young players, I don’t necessarily see them getting better. Many are already pretty good and complementary to the veterans in an effective way, but not likely to take over from them

This prediction might be a year early but that’s the case for it - Outlandish and possible.
Sadly I think this might be true. Would only fall to 9th or 10th if they were to drop out though.

St Kilda still won’t make the 8 even after getting all their targets in the trade period.

Is that outlandish? I feel like the consensus is that St Kilda have, and have added, and bunch of good players who are entering their primes but not enough star power. Shades of North adding Polec/Pittard/Tyson/Hall and Port adding Watts/Trengrove/Motlop/Rockliff in 2017. Both teams didn’t really improve much because the players they replaced weren’t that far behind, and nothing else changed. St Kilda’s losses - Bruce and Acres - are actually pretty good too

The difference with St Kilda is the change in coach; I’m curious to see what Ratten brings to a team that is very much ready to go and has a lot of interesting pieces. They’ve certainly got guys we could be looking at in 3 years and thinking of as stars... or they could end up treading water like North/Port

Is that outlandish? I feel like the consensus is that St Kilda have, and have added, and bunch of good players who are entering their primes but not enough star power. Shades of North adding Polec/Pittard/Tyson/Hall and Port adding Watts/Trengrove/Motlop/Rockliff in 2017. Both teams didn’t really improve much because the players they replaced weren’t that far behind, and nothing else changed. St Kilda’s losses - Bruce and Acres - are actually pretty good too

The difference with St Kilda is the change in coach; I’m curious to see what Ratten brings to a team that is very much ready to go and has a lot of interesting pieces. They’ve certainly got guys we could be looking at in 3 years and thinking of as stars... or they could end up treading water like North/Port

I think it’s outlandish to St Kilda. They would fully expect finals next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back