Rooz90

All Australian
Mar 30, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Melbourne City
Those 'make some noise' blasts are least of my concerns it's only like 15-20s before the next throw up. What annoys me is those interviews we have with the MC new or old with crowd members coaching staff so cheesy and I'd put money on it that they're not north fans who got the gig!!!

I'm all for having a Myriad of Topless Girls waltzing about the ground selling Records, Food and Beverages. And before one of you pretentious ponces come in here ye calling me a raging misogynist, I love women. The female form is a ripping thing to look at. Oh yeah and sex sells. :stern look

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
Those 'make some noise' blasts are least of my concerns it's only like 15-20s before the next throw up. What annoys me is those interviews we have with the MC new or old with crowd members coaching staff so cheesy and I'd put money on it that they're not north fans who got the gig!!!

The young woman that does it is OK - the bloke that used to do it at Etihad is a tool. Agree on the Make Some Noise - terrible when the fake crowd noise subsides and the real crowd noise is nowhere near as loud

Rooz90

All Australian
Mar 30, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
life-and-fitness-2014-09-nfl-rookie-cheerleaders-06-philadelphia-eagles-nfl-rookie-cheerleaders.jpg

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Would like to hear others opinions, but I find the whole 'make some noise' that blasts fake crowd sounds after goals downright embarrassing.

All it achieves is perpetuating the myth we have no supporters to opposition clubs.

Doesn't pump me up, I just slump in my seat and pretend I don't hear it.
My feelings exactly.

kangatragic

Team Captain
May 31, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne

]
The blonde girl that mc's was sitting next to me in one of the games last year with her family and friends and they all seemed keen North fans

May 17, 2009
Melbourne , Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Other clubs do it to, Richmond use to have a roar metre quite a number of years ago. But a few Melbourne clubs that I've noticed have some form of crowd encouragement after each goal. Whoever the player is on the screen waving there hand around is a bit cringey, but other then that it doesn't worry me.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
The MC last night does every game from what I can tell.

She did the Swans v Dogs game.

I don't think she is exclusively ours.

I liked the LT Montage.

Liked the half time kids singer...that grass song...how funny!

As for make some noise...meh...how about turning down the volume before the game so I can expouse the meaning of life to Orange Peanut

Rooz90

All Australian
Mar 30, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
]
The blonde girl that mc's was sitting next to me in one of the games last year with her family and friends and they all seemed keen North fans

There you go, i was sure the previous bloke was mc'ing other games that werent north.

Jul 19, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
GRM, Williams
I don't hate the "make some noise" thing.
I hate the fact that the NMFC actually needs it at all.

When I'm sitting around North supporters at the game the noise level is OK. But if I'm sitting somewhere else, particularly against interstate teams, we are the tamest, meekest, most noiseless crowd in the AFL.

Sorry but I've noticed a slow decline in loud vocal support since the Carey era.

Rooz90

All Australian
Mar 30, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I don't hate the "make some noise" thing.
I hate the fact that the NMFC actually needs it at all.

When I'm sitting around North supporters at the game the noise level is OK. But if I'm sitting somewhere else, particularly against interstate teams, we are the tamest, meekest, most noiseless crowd in the AFL.

Sorry but I've noticed a slow decline in loud vocal support since the Carey era.

Agree, not much of a 'YEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH" after a great goal is scored. 'lets go kangas, let's go' from the crowd is tameeeeee. Would be nice to work on some north chants.

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I liked the LT Montage.

As for make some noise...meh...how about turning down the volume before the game so I can expouse the meaning of life to Orange Peanut

I liked that LT montage too, but where was that goal he kicked from the pocket against Carlton where someone threw the little footy at him. That's one of my favorite LT moments.

I still miss ...

VOICE

OF

THE

GGGGGGGGĢGGGGGGG

His pre game crowd audience interviews were lold

That was my old mate Tony Schibeci.

As for the "Make some noise" thing, it isn't my cup of tea BUT I find it far less offensive than dog barking, a roar meter, an air raid siren etc.

The make some noise thing straight after a goal tended to partly drown out the attempts of people trying to get some chants going. Seems to be both a tad counter-productive and patronising. Might be more suitable for a soulless franchise sorta crowd...

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC

I liked the LT Montage.

The Barras rev up should be mandated every game - gets me up ten times more than a direction to "make some noise"

The young woman that does it is OK - the bloke that used to do it at Etihad is a tool. Agree on the Make Some Noise - terrible when the fake crowd noise subsides and the real crowd noise is nowhere near as loud
The Lions' post-goal toilet flush at the Gabba. Supposed to be a "roar". Will see on Sunday if it has improved.

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
They just want a bit of crowd excitement after the ad break has finished on the TV. The general buzz from the goal has died by then, so some encouragement is needed. The kids get into it. I don't really reckon it is a problem.

Rooz90

All Australian
Mar 30, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
They just want a bit of crowd excitement after the ad break has finished on the TV. The general buzz from the goal has died by then, so some encouragement is needed. The kids get into it. I don't really reckon it is a problem.

Kids got into the "here comes the boom" for years. I think all those incentives are purely for the kids anyway.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back