Make some noise!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Tony Schibei. Great face for radio.

He was an excellent junior footballer too, better known for being the voice behind "It's a Knockout" and "Voice of the 'G" and for being the mister fill-in on SEN since it began.

He was an excellent junior footballer too, better known for being the voice behind "It's a Knockout" and "Voice of the 'G" and for being the mister fill-in on SEN since it began.

Oh, and he was shithouse at yr 11 maths.

image.jpeg

And Google is my friend.

http://www.stig.com.au/all-about-stig/

In 1995 Stig created a character that appeared on the big screens at the MCG called Voice Of The G which ran until 2000. The Voice Of The G would appear before the game and during the quarter breaks, talking to supporters on the big screen in front of thousands of people. Ask your Dad if he remembers The Voice Of The G?

Would like to hear others opinions, but I find the whole 'make some noise' that blasts fake crowd sounds after goals downright embarrassing.

All it achieves is perpetuating the myth we have no supporters to opposition clubs.

Doesn't pump me up, I just slump in my seat and pretend I don't hear it.
Yeah it's abit embarrassing and holding the scarves up when players run out also.

I thought Stig Wemyss did Voice of the G.

And how come on Friday nights in the 90s whatever kid they close to play for North never won the PlayStation challenge?

Actually that is correct. Schibeci was the actual person on the PA, and he still is to this day. In fact last Summer he did the same role at all Aussie Cricket venues for a period. Buggered if I know why.

Good find JHD :thumbsu:

I don't hate the "make some noise" thing.
I hate the fact that the NMFC actually needs it at all.

When I'm sitting around North supporters at the game the noise level is OK. But if I'm sitting somewhere else, particularly against interstate teams, we are the tamest, meekest, most noiseless crowd in the AFL.

Sorry but I've noticed a slow decline in loud vocal support since the Carey era.
It is the same for evey team. The afl has butchered the live experience.

Sorry, I know it's off-topic but I just can't get used to the new version of the North chant when the players run out. I much prefer the traditional song being played. Why can't they do the chant thing followed by the proper song once the players are on the ground?

The 'Make some noise' doesn't bother me one way or the other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, I know it's off-topic but I just can't get used to the new version of the North chant when the players run out. I much prefer the traditional song being played. Why can't they do the chant thing followed by the proper song once the players are on the ground?

The 'Make some noise' doesn't bother me one way or the other.

Yep...like the drums

Well enough to get into a Bach of Bus Commerce degree but not well enough to get into engineering or actuary studies as some of my mates did, the bastards!

Off topic..

1. Update on a/c?

2. God....sorry...Chief was here for Easter.Was he summoned or chose to appear? Note for future visits...Chief doesn't like gifs.

Off topic..

1. Update on a/c?

2. God....sorry...Chief was here for Easter.Was he summoned or chose to appear? Note for future visits...Chief doesn't like gifs.

The heating side of the a/c works well and the company has followed up with a quote to replace the lot at almost cost price. Doing nada for now.

We should run out to 'Destroyer' by Parkway Drive. That is the dream. Anyways, my kids scream like nut cases when 'make some noise' comes on so I suppose it works. Speaking of loud, Simpkins goal off the ground in the last was the loudest roar of the night by far.

If they have to do it, I wish they would do it a little earlier... play it, then give an opportunity to hear the noise its asking for... instead they play it and its still going while the bounce is happening... which is the time your likely to be making the noise in the first place

Last edited:
Would like to hear others opinions, but I find the whole 'make some noise' that blasts fake crowd sounds after goals downright embarrassing.

All it achieves is perpetuating the myth we have no supporters to opposition clubs.

Doesn't pump me up, I just slump in my seat and pretend I don't hear it.
Yep, embarrassing. Should be "Turn up and make some noise".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back