Prediction Make your head and heart prediction on this weeks game against the Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

What my head says:

Sicily to pick up 30 plus possessions, 14 marks of which 10 will be intercepts and for us to go down by 40 points. Breust 6, Gunston 4, Puopolo 3.

What my heart says:

We could win if Hawthorn have an off day and we improve our disposal and tighten up our defensive transition :)$). But if they don't and we don't then I want someone to take one for the team and punch Sicily in the face.

Purge here.

Head

We will win one of the four quarters, by as much as three or four goals, and this will be enough to convince true believers that Brad Scotts might still take this group to the promised land. Overall will lose by close to ten goals. Several Hawks to rack up 30+ disposals.

Heart

I will (secretly) be one of the true believers who hangs his hat on that one quarter of impressive football. Imagine if we could get a four-quarter effort like that! Could beat any team in the comp, it is an open season, 2019 isn't over yet, etc etc.

Head: My lack of interest in the club is going to wane even further.

Heart: My lack of interest in the club is going to wane even further.

Got tickets, but currently erring on the side of not bothering to go. I just can't take much more of it any longer.

Got tickets, but currently erring on the side of not bothering to go. I just can't take much more of it any longer.

Harden up.

Head: Hawthorn are gonna break the world record for uncontested marks & time of possession.

Heart: Hawthorn are gonna take a lot of uncontested marks & possess the ball a lot... BUT won't break the world record (because a decade or so back, the New Zealand Hawks thrashed the Samoa Kangaroos in the Australian Football International Cup).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Flogged

Flogged

Not a slight on the players per se. I think for the most part the players are trying but they don't know what to do and are just winging it for the most part. Hawthorn are a better team and most likely have a better grasp on 6-6-6 formation. You'll see a difference in how they'll use the kick outs, how they'll rebound out of defensive 50, contested ball/spreading and hitting targets inside 50.

Confession time. In 2007, I was so flat after the 100+ capitulation to Geelong, I couldn't bring myself to going to the "G the following week for the game against Hawthorn. The kids were 8 & 6 at the time and couldn't go on their own. It was, probably, the worst football-related decision of my life. I missed Azza's mark. I missed Wellsy's goal. I missed Boomer. I missed Shagga's goal.The kids keep reminding me regularly. I feel the same way about this weekend's game, to be honest - I'm not sure whether I'll make it. Watching it on television seems more attractive.

Confession time. In 2007, I was so flat after the 100+ capitulation to Geelong, I couldn't bring myself to going to the "G the following week for the game against Hawthorn. The kids were 8 & 6 at the time and couldn't go on their own. It was, probably, the worst football-related decision of my life. I missed Azza's mark. I missed Wellsy's goal. I missed Boomer. I missed Shagga's goal.The kids keep reminding me regularly. I feel the same way about this weekend's game, to be honest - I'm not sure whether I'll make it. Watching it on television seems more attractive.
Its no barrel of laughs watching on TV either. I get through 5 or 6 sets a season...thrown off balconies, kicked across the lounge room etc...Lucky I'm in the Harvey Norman loyalty program...

Its no barrel of laughs watching on TV either. I get through 5 or 6 sets a season...thrown off balconies, kicked across the lounge room etc...Lucky I'm in the Harvey Norman loyalty program...

Lol. My go to reaction is pounding the arm of the sofa, sometimes with my head, while shouting “No, no, no!”.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We are two rounds in. Are you going to sit at home with a tub of ice cream and watch Love Actually again?

Go to the footy!

Never seen that movie. What's it like?

Seriously though, if the footy department are on an endless re-run of comedy capers then what is the interest? It's genuinely like pulling your teeth out with pliers having to turn up every year and watch this stuff, along the endless line of wooden spruik that emanates from the coaches gob in response to it. He's on a par with Terry Wallace now. They could go out and win by 5 goals this week but it won't matter. Shooting themselves in the foot again is only ever a week away.

I certainly don't support the club itself any more. Those parasites can all go and die for all I care.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back