Beauty & Style Makeup - Yay or nay?

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly, less is better.
Women who cake on the make up, look years older than they are, when they don't have make up on, after they turn 30.

Tell that to Demi Moore. And Jennifer Anniston. And Madonna. And Beyonce. And Mariah Carey. And J Lo. And Jessica Biel.

Guys who say they like the 'natural' look really mean they just enjoy the bare minimum of make up. The real life 'natural' look of zero make up is like some alien creature from a nightmare film. I feel sorry for girls, they age terribly and generally 'need' make up to look decent. So yes, put it on and for the love of God don't let me see you without it until I've fallen in love with you.

It's not that they age terribly, we both look disgusting, they have just fooled us into covering it up to the point where they look normal with extra s**t on their face.

That's not the point. They are fugly without makeup compared to when they do have it on.

Plastic surgery is meant to prevent the former debacle.

How do you know they are fugly without makeup? Maybe if they never caked makeup on, they wouldm't look fugly.

It's OK mutteed, keep caking on the makeup, believe me you will live to regret it in a few years. I'm glad my daughter listened to me about the downside of caking her face in makeup.

That Snog Marry Avoid show is a good example of less is more. Some shockers on there.

Nothing worse than when a reasonable looking girl has that much makeup on that you wouldn't consider hitting it.

Gonna add "race" in here and get it all socio-political I suppose but...most mixed race chicks, those of the non-Caucasian type, rarely need make-up to hide the ageing process or whatever damage the sun does to those of the fairer breed.
My ex is mixed race and was a fine specimen indeed, never touched make-up save for some lipstick and mascara and at 41 looks way younger.
Others of her type where she comes from (in Australia) are similar.

How do you know they are fugly without makeup? Maybe if they never caked makeup on, they wouldm't look fugly.

It's OK mutteed, keep caking on the makeup, believe me you will live to regret it in a few years. I'm glad my daughter listened to me about the downside of caking her face in makeup.

"Cakeface" is a term my son (16) and his mates use for girls with way too much make-up on.

There is nothing more unappealing than a girl with a spray tan if you ask me. They end up looking like carrots and I'd almost go as far as saying it's disgusting to look at. Definitely wouldn't date a girl that looks like she's high maintenance when you see them out and about complete with spray tan, fake nails, hair extentions to go with the rest of her make up being applied with Homers 'slutgun' etc etc.... and unfortunately it's quite a common thing here in the UK. Natural look all the way. And i agree with a poster on the 1st page, that natural refers to bare essentials in make up.

How do you know they are fugly without makeup?
Because there are pictures online. Der.

I don't wear much at all, and even if I did I don't need your permission.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit of eyeliner can make blue eyes look intensely sexy, and brown eyes even more dark and alluring.

Simple things like that are ok by me, if it makes them look pretty.

But I'm dead against all of that foundation and too much eye shadow are fake fan and all that s**t.

Give me a real woman, who can put on a summer dress, * all make up, and still walk in somewhere and own the s**t.

Make up gets a big Western Australian booooo from me.

Im into the minimal make-up, natural look

At home, usually happy with just moisturiser and lip balm (some guys probably use more than me at home).
At work, usually happy with light foundation, lip balm, neat hair, etc. Maybe concealer if I had a bad sleep.
Going out, add some mascara, lipstick and occasionally eyeliner (I wear prescription Chanel glasses 24/7, so mascara is usually pointless)

I never check my face while im out. If i've had lipstick or mascara on for a few hours, I might take a glance to check it, but other products are usually good enough for 8-12 hours. I check my eyebrows every 3 days and do a clean up. Get eyebrow shaping every 10 weeks-ish, like french nail polish every now and then.

Rarely go beyond that, it just doesnt appeal all that much to me. Spray tanning is something I dont really do. I spend just as much time (if not more) on my hair than my face.

I dont drink, usually go to bed early, etc, so I think I'll age well. I also rarely used makeup during my teens.

For me, Makeup subtly enhances my look. Im not interested in a disguise.

I am a transwoman, so naturally I would have good reason to cake on makeup (especially for older folk), but I find light makeup is enough to banish any possible masculine bone features. I have a soft face and complexion anyway. I also shave every day. I've had Laser hair removal and a little electrolysis, so my facial hair is mostly eradicated. But every day, I can feel a bit of blonde fuzz on my lip and chin (unseen but felt), and I cant stand being able to feel it, so I shave every day. Only takes about 30 seconds with an electric shaver, but if im going away, I make sure to never forget it.

I find it hard to believe that so many guys supposedly like the 'natural look', when most girls that guys seem to like are never seen without make-up, nails done, hair extensions etc. Obviously it's true for some, but it seems like one of those lies that sounds good, so everybody uses it (much like girls who say the most important thing in a guy is his 'sense of humour').

I am lucky that I have quite good skin, so I usually just put a little bit of concealer and powdered foundation on, and my eye lashes are already quite long/dark, so I don't usually wear mascara. In fact I need to be quite careful about what mascara I buy, as most of them make me look ridiculous. I usually wear a bit of eyeliner as well, but I never do those sweeping lines that go past my eye. If I'm just running errands or staying in the house, I don't bother at all. I honestly can't be bothered with anything more than that, my mum doesn't own any make-up whatsoever, so I didn't even learn how to apply make-up until I was 18 when my friends taught me.

There is nothing more unappealing than a girl with a spray tan if you ask me. They end up looking like carrots and I'd almost go as far as saying it's disgusting to look at. Definitely wouldn't date a girl that looks like she's high maintenance when you see them out and about complete with spray tan, fake nails, hair extentions to go with the rest of her make up being applied with Homers 'slutgun' etc etc.... and unfortunately it's quite a common thing here in the UK. Natural look all the way. And i agree with a poster on the 1st page, that natural refers to bare essentials in make up.
Nothing worse than seeing a fake tan line on a girl

Rather a chick who when you go out does herself up n looks amazing but chills most of the other time with no make up.

I find it hard to believe that so many guys supposedly like the 'natural look', when most girls that guys seem to like are never seen without make-up, nails done, hair extensions etc. Obviously it's true for some, but it seems like one of those lies that sounds good, so everybody uses it (much like girls who say the most important thing in a guy is his 'sense of humour').

What sort of guys are the ones you are refering to? I'd wager a bet the ones that love the 'fake' look are the typical club junkies that go to the gym, wear v-neck shirts and have their eyebrows waxed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back