Beauty & Style Makeup - Yay or nay?

I like the big, sweaty brutes of men with crazy hair (and I find myself falling for tall, pale, skinny nerds too, so my horizons are expanded) but I guess I'm the only one.
See, Poseidon. It can happen! :p

Stratton_Gun

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 4, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
and I find myself falling for tall, pale, skinny nerds too, so my horizons are expanded.
3ofx9w.jpg

IAMJUNGLEMUFFIN

Cancelled
Feb 8, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
For me, you've either god good genetics, or you don't, a beautiful women with no makeup will always look better than an average girl with all the Hollywood magic trick makeup. More makeup than the bare essentials can only ever lower the attraction.

IMO, it's the white trash blokes that fall for the makup trick/average looking/blonde hair/fake tan/extension type girls (you know the ones). If they're the blokes you want to attract, then you know what you have to do. If you want classy blokes, then pretty yourself up with a bit of taste.

And just on guys wearing lip balm: I can't imagine any woman earth would prefer a bloke with dry/cracked lips over him putting on a little bit of lip balm every now and then to keep them in good kissing condition.

Krujan

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
EAD Jiska
For me, you've either god good genetics, or you don't, a beautiful women with no makeup will always look better than an average girl with all the Hollywood magic trick makeup. More makeup than the bare essentials can only ever lower the attraction.

IMO, it's the white trash blokes that fall for the makup trick/average looking/blonde hair/fake tan/extension type girls (you know the ones). If they're the blokes you want to attract, then you know what you have to do. If you want classy blokes, then pretty yourself up with a bit of taste.

And just on guys wearing lip balm: I can't imagine any woman earth would prefer a bloke with dry/cracked lips over him putting on a little bit of lip balm every now and then to keep them in good kissing condition.

Reminds me of this show.

25914_375116028379_506963379_3820859_7483014_n.jpg

Say no to slap & fakery!

muttweed

Cancelled
May 28, 2011
Western VIC
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Josh Caddy
Sep 29, 2008
Between the lines.
AFL Club
West Coast
I am attracted to healthy skin/naturally pretty features so I am almost a nay. Though a minimal amount can be nice.

Basically if the girl looks after her skin and has a healthy lifestyle etc. then wearing any more than minimal makeup is possibly a negative, though this is not true in all cases.

On the flip side I am not overly averse to makeup, though generally less is more.

Poseidon

Kreuzer Sonata
10k Posts Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer Sponsor 2013 Carlton Blues - Matthew Kreuzer 2011 Player Sponsor
Oct 31, 2010
Wild Wild West
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
Snog narry avoid is quality viewing, plus the brunette host is hot.
Some of the slags turn out genuinely beautiful after their 'make under' too which gives me hope.

jpkennedy

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Boston Red Sox

It's just so... "gloopy". If you touch a girls face, then they always go and check it, then inevitably spend time fixing it, which is annoying.

The girls you touch are wearing the wrong kind of foundation! :D

I only wear tinted moisturiser, sunscreen and a bit of blush to work every day. I use really good skincare and am regularly told I look 5 years younger than I actually am. I'm a dancer so sometimes the fake tan and lots of makeup are necessary. But I scrub that tan off the next day - not a fan at all!

I think a lot of men think a girl is not wearing makeup when she actually is. Tinted moisturiser, blush and one light coat of mascara is easily mistaken for au naturale to the untrained eye. It is rare for anyone to have completely flawless skin - anyone who's ever been in the sun or is over the age of 16 generally has some kind of damage or pigmentation.

neroblack

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
Berwick
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
I think a lot of men think a girl is not wearing makeup when she actually is.

This is the secret to it isn't it? I feel bad for the girls who look like they've applied their make up in about 3 minutes before they left the house...probably better off using none at all, would look a lot better in a lot of cases!

Back