Making a Murderer

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched 8 episodes now and are at the point of Stevens guilty verdict and the commencement of the young blokes trial. Amazing story really. It would have been nice to hear what favourable evidence the prosection was able to introduce. Because it all appeared tainted. No doubt the doco was made from this perspective, but their claims seem reasonable. Plenty of doubt imo. During the prosecutors closing argument, he said something along the lines of "Reasonable doubt is only for innocent people":confused::confused::eek:

My god, reasonable doubt is for everyone. Unless there was a lot more evidence produced at the trial that we didn't see, the only thing in my mind was severe doubt. Probably the only thing the defence didn't do was to produce a viable alternative suspect. But they certainly produced plenty of doubt, even if the couldn't actually prove the corrupt police angle. And the thing about that is, its not the job of the defence to prove somebody innocent, its the job of the prosecution to prove someone guilty, and there were so many unanswered question imo.

Yeah it's amazing Pedro. Seems very much to me that the defence was fighting with one arm tied behind their back. The only physical evidence which seemed to be presented came from those cops from the sheriffs dept who found a lot of stuff that others hadn't. Sus as dog's balls.

Yeah it's amazing Pedro. Seems very much to me that the defence was fighting with one arm tied behind their back. The only physical evidence which seemed to be presented came from those cops from the sheriffs dept who found a lot of stuff that others hadn't. Sus as dog's balls.

Very sus. To me its not so much the physical evidence that they found (or put there depending on what you believe), its what they didn't find. Be it in his bedroom or the garage, there was nothing. During one cross examination, the Sergeant (Holborn??) commented that "They had 5 days to clean it up". FFS these blokes would struggle with brushing their teeth let alone cleaning a presumably messy crime scene. She was supposedly stabbed in the stomach, had her throat slit and was shot in the head. There's no possible way whether it happened in his bedroom or that garage, that they could possibly clean up the mess without any trace.

Very sus. To me its not so much the physical evidence that they found (or put there depending on what you believe), its what they didn't find. Be it in his bedroom or the garage, there was nothing. During one cross examination, the Sergeant (Holborn??) commented that "They had 5 days to clean it up". FFS these blokes would struggle with brushing their teeth let alone cleaning a presumably messy crime scene. She was supposedly stabbed in the stomach, had her throat slit and was shot in the head. There's no possible way whether it happened in his bedroom or that garage, that they could possibly clean up the mess without any trace.

Yep, all they had were bones and they appear to have been moved according to the expert.

My wife and I binged watched this show over 2-3 nights after the kids went to bed.

To say we were, outraged, in disbelief, angry, frustrated, gobsmacked, annoyed, sad, pissed off, disenchanted and furious during viewing would be an understatement!

So many levels of corrupt activity were at play in Manitowoc County! I simply cannot believe that they can be convicted based on the evidence presented at trial or more importantly the serious doubts that must have been in the juror's minds.

I think I remember the jurors went to sit for the first time to deliberate and a show of hands had a vast majority of the jurors voting not guilty. How did they become convinced to changed their thought process or belief 180 degrees to a guilty verdict? That is just mind blowing stuff!

I could go on and on about everything that was wrong about these convictions and the legal system in the States but I won't. I will say though, the documentary "Making a Murderer" was compelling viewing at the very least!

Despite all this outrage and public pressure, do you think they will backflip again and let him back out for the 2nd time? I don't. It would be far too much egg on their faces.

If it hasn't happened yet you might be right, which is a total disgrace. I listened last night to Radio National and they were talking about China and the Cultural Revolution: they said 6 people had to remain prisoners in order to suggest the cultural revolution was vindicated. Revolting.

If it hasn't happened yet you might be right, which is a total disgrace. I listened last night to Radio National and they were talking about China and the Cukturak Revluion

He's got a new lawyer. Apparently there is new tests that can be done to determine if the blood came from that vial. They are pushing for a retrial. That's his only hope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's got a new lawyer. Apparently there is new tests that can be done to determine if the blood came from that vial. They are pushing for a retrial. That's his only hope.

When a bunch of people, especially cops and judges, are implicated in poor decision making you hope justice prevails but I seriously doubt it. Public pressure is his only hope and that is something that makes you despair.

I feel for the kid. Those 2 cops are filth. Just got the answers they wanted out of him. They knew he wasn't very bright.

This whole thing seems fishy. Too many suspicious things pointing at the cops.

Are there only 10 episodes? One site showed 11 but had no file for number 11. And is there a second season? Hard to see how there could be given that the 1st finishes in 2015. It is very hard to see how Steven and Brendan could have done the crime and cleaned up. The first defence lawyer and his investigator were a disgrace, actually working against the interests of their client. It is outrageous that Brendan's appeal was not upheld. As others have said, if Avery and Brendan did not kill the girl and dismember her, who did?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back