Malazan Book of the Fallen

Remove this Banner Ad

Finished Midnight Tides now waiting who knows long for the rest of the books on back order! The wait might kill me.
Get the Novel's of Malazan as well by Ian Esslemont. They intertwine with the main series and some of the characters you've met already get more time in it

Get the Novel's of Malazan as well by Ian Esslemont. They intertwine with the main series and some of the characters you've met already get more time in it

Currently reading Night of Knives, was interest in Return of the Crimson Guard but apparently it’s set after Bonehunters. Which other standalones are safe to read at the point I’m at?

Currently reading Night of Knives, was interest in Return of the Crimson Guard but apparently it’s set after Bonehunters. Which other standalones are safe to read at the point I’m at?
thats pretty much it

The authors recommend reading in published order

The Crippled God is done.

So that's the main series finished and I'm halfway through the Novel's of Malazan series as well.

Next up will be Orb Sceptre Throne but probably not today

Just started Reaper’s Gale after waiting a month for it!

Obsessed. Bonehunters was incredible and I love Midnight Tides so Reapers Gale is off to an incredible start.

That looks boss. I have actually been thinking of maybe getting something Malazan. I'm definitely getting a WoT tattoo but I am actually leaning towards a full fantasy inspired sleeve which would include Malazan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That looks boss. I have actually been thinking of maybe getting something Malazan. I'm definitely getting a WoT tattoo but I am actually leaning towards a full fantasy inspired sleeve which would include Malazan.
Oh that would be dope dude! I also have an ASOIAF tatt but it’s just a quote! What were you thinking for WoT tatt?

Oh that would be dope dude! I also have an ASOIAF tatt but it’s just a quote! What were you thinking for WoT tatt?

At the moment I am thinking something along the lines of the standard image on the right but letting the artist play around with the design. Depending on the size and placement, I wouldn't mind adding a bit more to represent the 3 main guys.

At the moment I am thinking something along the lines of the standard image on the right but letting the artist play around with the design. Depending on the size and placement, I wouldn't mind adding a bit more to represent the 3 main guys.

Hell yeah! I love Tatts based on books because there’s so much free reign with imagination.

I've got the wheel and the snake

About 200 pages into Toll The Hounds and boy has it started slowly. I think there's been maybe 2 return POVs in the first couple of hundred pages and very little happening at all. Erikson says this is the novel that is the cypher for the whole series and where the bigger story starts to come together, so I want to push through, but the motivation to do so is waning atm.

Just started Gardens of the Moon for my 1st re-read of the series which is going to include all the other non-main story books for the first time. I am loving Gardens so far after forgetting a lot of what happens in the early books.

Almost halfway through book 6 The Bonehunters and have hit the sunk cost fallacy. Will put on the shelf for a few months.

Having said that book 5 Midnight Tides is my favourite. It used the (very long) foundation books 1-4 laid but on the other side of the world with 99% new characters.

Just started Gardens of the Moon for my 1st re-read of the series which is going to include all the other non-main story books for the first time. I am loving Gardens so far after forgetting a lot of what happens in the early books.

Just got up to Night of Knives (the first Esselmont book) and I will admit it has bored me greatly. Temper is okay but Kiska is terrible to read. I am seriously contemplating just skipping it and reading the chapter summaries.

I have started Gardens of the Moon - I am looking forward to starting a series that is actually finished. I am doing this as an audio book for various reasons and I am enjoying the experience so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back