Malcolm Blight declares this is the ‘weakest’ he’s ever seen the Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope.

You forgot this......

Turned the game massively in their favour in the first half WHEN IT MATTERED.

On THEIR home ground, after we had finished top and successfully won both our finals. ******* VFL flogs.

Of all the videos and highlights packages made of the 2017 GF, this is possibly my favourite.

The Crows looked pretty putrid in 2011. I remember a game at Kardinia Park (the last win in our run of 13-odd in a row to start the year), when I looked at their lineup and thought "OK.

Related story: Adelaide finished second on the ladder the following year and gave us a frightful belting in Adelaide early in the season. Things can turn around quickly.

I can remember that game - it was a real flogging - and the important thing it was at Football Park

I havent been to Adelaide Oval - apparently it is fantastic set up - central location - and all the rest of it - but i did go to Football Park a few times ( unfortunately )

Crows are struggling a bit at the moment - everyone knows that - however they have never really bottomed out in their history - so you have to give them credit for that

Adelaide Oval holds no fear at all for any opposition team - however when they had Football Park as their home ground - they had a real home ground advantage - Geel had an atrocious record their . Essendon even when they had powerfull teams - also had a shocking record their - so did alot of other teams - did Nth Melb ever win a game at Football Park . Opposition teams hated going their - because they normally lost - that isnt the case at the Adelaide Oval

Bottom Line is - when the Crows had Football Park as their home ground ( and i havent forgotten about Scott Hodges 11 goals one day ) they had a Kardinia Park type home ground advantage

Adelaide Oval holds no fear at all for any opposition team - however when they had Football Park as their home ground - they had a real home ground advantage - Geel had an atrocious record their . Essendon even when they had powerfull teams - also had a shocking record their - so did alot of other teams - did Nth Melb ever win a game at Football Park . Opposition teams hated going their - because they normally lost - that isnt the case at the Adelaide Oval

At one stage the Crows had a run of 28-5 at Adelaide Oval. The team's form has fallen across the board, AO included.

No different to St.Kilda winning 18 in a row at Marvel under Ross Lyon, whereas they're well under 50% there in the last two years. Or Richmond winning 22 straight at the MCG after losing seven on the trot just five years ago.

Riciutto runs the show down there. Surely the buck stops with him? Get the feeling this "Review" consisting of a couple of Roo's mates and a couple of blokes who have been on the payroll for a while will be orchestrated to make Pyke the fall guy (or a couple of his assistants if the payout is considered too high). He's been pushing this narrative in the media over the last few months, meanwhile his other 2 great mates in Brett Burton, who apparently is universally despised by the playing group and Justin Read who is responsible for the sate of Adelaide's list will be off the hook.

I called it.

The way football is managed in SA is a disgrace.

The SA AFL licences should be ripped away from their current owners and the two SA clubs answerable direct to the AFL.

It won’t happen though as the AFL gets the lion share of the $s they need and want. Better still they get all of that, without having to give away the risk SA will have sustained premierships success.

Meanwhile SA argue amongst themselves, in their own wish bowl filled with their own piss.

Members should demand voting rights, 100% board members voted by the members, their own AFL licence and stadium agreements.

The way football is managed in SA is a disgrace.

The SA AFL licences should be ripped away from their current owners and the two SA clubs answerable direct to the AFL.

It won’t happen though as the AFL gets the lion share of the $s they need and want. Better still they get all of that, without having to give away the risk SA will have sustained premierships success.

Meanwhile SA argue amongst themselves, in their own wish bowl filled with their own piss.

Members should demand voting rights, 100% board members voted by the members, their own AFL licence and stadium agreements.

Don't the clubs own the licences, but the debt is with the AFL whom they are paying back

Which is why the clubs are asnwerable to the AFL effectively, which is why the AFL appoint 7 of the 9 Board members?

They spend their entire lives fretting and sweating over the dreaded and envied Victorians. Meanwhile, you could live your entire life in Melbourne and never once hear anyone even mention liddoo A’laide. Small town syndrome.
Yep. That is true, didn’t know the rivalry existed until l moved there.

Don't the clubs own the licences, but the debt is with the AFL whom they are paying back

Which is why the clubs are asnwerable to the AFL effectively, which is why the AFL appoint 7 of the 9 Board members?

You're right, my mistake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back