Solved Malcolm McCusker will bid to clear Sharon Masons sentenced murderer in Perth WA

Remove this Banner Ad

The relevant question is who made the determination that these bones were 1 person?
I'd thought that what Sprockets was saying, that they had identified them which was different to what Beatnick said.
You want to know 'who', I was asking 'how', specifically to this case and the bones they recovered.

I have no reason to doubt what Beatnick is saying, they didnt identify them separately, just the skull.

Nah, Beatnicked has eliminated him. There's also no suggestion that Greer did it alongside someone else (AFAIK), so no need to look for his accomplice.

The convicted man Greer did not act with any other party if that is what is being alluded to because he had no knowledge of what had occurred.

The same cannot be said for those responsible. They will squirm and squeal.

1st investigators on scene in Mason case from Claremont CIB and HQ. 1st on scene at Lawrence scene were Claremont CIB and HQ.

Mason case convictee stitched up and major evidence withheld, evidence used was manipulated, allegations of collusion and perjury and fraud.

Lawrence convictee stitched up and major evidence withheld.

Some detectives same in both cases.

Lawrence murder scene in close proximity to Mason scene in fact overlooked Mason discovery scene.

Lawrence murder occurred in leadup to final 1994 appeal for Mason convictee.

Lawrence shop in witness supplied photo in Mason case. This photo used in evidence in convictee trials.
upload_2018-12-12_17-22-57.png upload_2018-12-12_17-23-32.png upload_2018-12-12_17-24-10.png
upload_2018-12-12_17-25-25.png upload_2018-12-12_17-27-58.png

Not sure which station (possibly Cottesloe) the uniformed constables were from but didn't 79 Division handle the major crime scenes at that time, and particularly Pam Lawrences?

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-12_17-26-51.png
    upload_2018-12-12_17-26-51.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 14
  • upload_2018-12-12_17-27-32.png
    upload_2018-12-12_17-27-32.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 13
The convicted man Greer did not act with any other party if that is what is being alluded to because he had no knowledge of what had occurred.

I assume the focus is solely on the Mason crime now, but would you think theres any potential in the event there are those that "squirm and squeal" that might in itself open avenues for additional crimes to be investigated.

This gets very repetitive. McCusker is working the case. No legal would declare a convicted person innocent until the case is quashed. It is that simple. Reputations would never be put at risk. Mr McCusker and Jonathon Davies are known for their integrity and legal prowess and they don't normally take on a case with the slightest risk of failure. They are extremely generous with their time.

It would be blind stupidity to put the compelling new and fresh evidence into any public domain prior to it being tested in the proper place to test it.

They know exactly what they have done and time is not on their side.
McCusker's case isn't about Greer's guilt or innocence, it's that some of the evidence was fabricated or kept from Greer's defense. 'Repetitive' me all you like but them's the facts. Is McCusker working to prove Greer's innocence as well? Considering Greer won't be appealing I doubt it.

I will need to check data on file. Can't do that until friday. From memory there was no match up. The cops just went with dental records then when teeth were verified assumptions followed. I will double check.

I'd thought that what Sprockets was saying, that they had identified them which was different to what Beatnick said.
You want to know 'who', I was asking 'how', specifically to this case and the bones they recovered.

I have no reason to doubt what Beatnick is saying, they didnt identify them separately, just the skull.
Thank you both for the response and Melsy also

I wanted ( if possible) a name. There has been a case ( Henry Keogh) here in SA where Keogh was released based on the incompetency of the Chief Forensic Pathologist. This has led to calls for a review of most of the cases of Colin Manock (CFP) here in SA

I also understand there have been recent issues inside the Forensics Dept of the Police in Perth regarding DNA?

Thank you both for the response and Melsy also

I wanted ( if possible) a name. There has been a case ( Henry Keogh) here in SA where Keogh was released based on the incompetency of the Chief Forensic Pathologist. This has led to calls for a review of most of the cases of Colin Manock (CFP) here in SA

I also understand there have been recent issues inside the Forensics Dept of the Police in Perth regarding DNA?
This might be the issue you're referring to?
"Senior forensic biologist Laurance Webb was sacked this year for breaching testing protocols, sparking fears it could threaten convictions in some of WA’s highest profile murder cases."

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/the...n-convictions-inquiry-finds-ng-b88634718z.amp

From same article;
"The errors are the latest in a series of blunders that embarrassed government- owned PathWest, prompting other inquiries, including the Public Sector Commission examining test samples over 15 years and investigating whether it is complying with protocols and procedures."

Public sector commission review of PathWest forensic biology department as mentioned

https://publicsector.wa.gov.au/site..._the_pathwest_forensic_biology_department.pdf

McCusker's case isn't about Greer's guilt or innocence, it's that some of the evidence was fabricated or kept from Greer's defense. 'Repetitive' me all you like but them's the facts. Is McCusker working to prove Greer's innocence as well? Considering Greer won't be appealing I doubt it.

Dont you read what us written on here?

GREER IS APPEALING

in the end the case is about guilt or innocence otherwise why do think anyone would bother. I wonder what you would do in the same circumstances.

Not one scrap of evidence used is untainted. Not one!

Plenty of squirming and squealing going on.

Deck chairs on the Titanic.

More on the way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually the Appeals Court does not determine this. Currently there is no avenue to go to the Appeals Court.

GREER IS APPEALING

in the end the case is about guilt or innocence otherwise why do think anyone would bother. I wonder what you would do in the same circumstances.

I am confused. Is he or is he not appealing? If there are no avenues then how can he do so?

I am confused. Is he or is he not appealing? If there are no avenues then how can he do so?
They are in the process of changing the law so new & fresh evidence can be appealed.

The Tony Barrass article dated 09Dec18 claimed Greer had written to Quigley and said he wasnt appealing. The same article reported Jon Davies as saying someone had had their wires crossed (or similar sentiment).

Beatnicked has said there was no truth to the article, it was shoddy reporting and reiterated as soon as the avenue to appeal is opened to them they are ready to go.
Thats my understanding.

Edit - Sorry, not ready to go. "Being worked on".
Adding Hansard extract from March 2018 regarding new appeal.
wp_ss_20181208_0010.png

Last edited:

GREER IS APPEALING

If I believed everything that was written here I'd have been put in a padded cell in 2004, not long after I joined the site. With due respect, you're just some internet forum guy. Newspapers at least have some credibility to protect. As I said, put up. I'm not saying you're wrong but a smidgen of evidence wouldn't go astray.

PS. The major part of Greer's case is about his guilt or innocence, McCusker's isn't AFAIK.

If I believed everything that was written here I'd have been put in a padded cell in 2004, not long after I joined the site. With due respect, you're just some internet forum guy. Newspapers at least have some credibility to protect. As I said, put up. I'm not saying you're wrong but a smidgen of evidence wouldn't go astray.

PS. The major part of Greer's case is about his guilt or innocence, McCusker's isn't AFAIK.
News papers in WA, with the possible exception of the community Post, have little credibility or independence in many serious convictions that have occurred in the State, especially those that have been proved incorrect.

I'm not sure if WA has passed this law yet that the Greer supporters will be waiting on to present an appeal on his conviction. According to the best legal minds in the state Greer has fresh and compelling evidence, that Beatnicked seems to be talking about here, that could exonerate him. As far as I'm aware, in the past the AG Michael Michan repeatedly refused his right to present the information to a Court of Appeal.

The right to have the case looked at again presently rests exclusively in the hands of one person, the Attorney-General. If you can’t persuade him that the case is worth another look, then that’s it. Finito.

For some years now there has been a growing disquiet about this process. Having a politician as the ultimate gatekeeper of whether a court can re-evaluate the fresh evidence in your case is fraught with unfairness.

Where a convicted murderer (or anyone convicted of a serious offence) claims to have fresh and compelling evidence of their innocence, they can now go straight to the court. In South Australia there have already been three homicide cases where this has happened and two of them have resulted in acquittals. The third is still on appeal.

One of the most disturbing is that of Arthur Greer.

He was convicted 24 years ago of the murder of Sharon Mason, years after the event itself, on the most flimsy circumstantial evidence. No one saw him do it, there is no confessional evidence, no motive and no forensic evidence whatever linking him in any way to the death.

How he was ever convicted in the first place is a mystery to everyone I have spoken to who has been involved in the case.

I hold no brief for Greer, but like a number of senior Perth lawyers I have recently been privy to details of the fresh evidence in the case, which leaves me in no doubt that the original prosecution was misconceived and wrong.

If the material I have seen is even partially correct, evidence the original jury never saw, Greer’s involvement in the murder at any level is all but impossible. He deserves to have this evidence considered by a court of three appeal judges, not a politician.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/opinion...free-those-wrongfully-convicted-ng-b88701690z

News papers in WA, with the possible exception of the community Post, have little credibility or independence in many serious convictions that have occurred in the State, especially those that have been proved incorrect.

I'm not sure if WA has passed this law yet that the Greer supporters will be waiting on to present an appeal on his conviction. According to the best legal minds in the state Greer has fresh and compelling evidence, that Beatnicked seems to be talking about here, that could exonerate him. As far as I'm aware, in the past the AG Michael Michan repeatedly refused his right to present the information to a Court of Appeal.

The right to have the case looked at again presently rests exclusively in the hands of one person, the Attorney-General. If you can’t persuade him that the case is worth another look, then that’s it. Finito.

For some years now there has been a growing disquiet about this process. Having a politician as the ultimate gatekeeper of whether a court can re-evaluate the fresh evidence in your case is fraught with unfairness.

Where a convicted murderer (or anyone convicted of a serious offence) claims to have fresh and compelling evidence of their innocence, they can now go straight to the court. In South Australia there have already been three homicide cases where this has happened and two of them have resulted in acquittals. The third is still on appeal.

One of the most disturbing is that of Arthur Greer.

He was convicted 24 years ago of the murder of Sharon Mason, years after the event itself, on the most flimsy circumstantial evidence. No one saw him do it, there is no confessional evidence,
no motive and no forensic evidence whatever linking him in any way to the death.

How he was ever convicted in the first place is a mystery to everyone I have spoken to who has been involved in the case.

I hold no brief for Greer, but like a number of senior Perth lawyers I have recently been privy to details of the fresh evidence in the case, which leaves me in no doubt that the original prosecution was misconceived and wrong.

If the material I have seen is even partially correct, evidence the original jury never saw, Greer’s involvement in the murder at any level is all but impossible. He deserves to have this evidence considered by a court of three appeal judges, not a politician.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/opinion...free-those-wrongfully-convicted-ng-b88701690z
I'll pick out just one of the flaws from that piece, "... no motive ...". Greer is a convicted pedophile. Sharon Mason was a pretty 14yo schoolgirl. Isn't that motive enough for a pedophile?

"no motive" ... that's what you got from that article? Define confirmation bias?
No, as stated there are other flaws but if a QC is making that claim in a public article it confirms a bias. He also says "If the material I have seen is even partially correct ..." Well, he should know whether it's correct or not, if he's doing his job. And he's not saying it's correct. Do I need to keep going?

I'll pick out just one of the flaws from that piece, "... no motive ...". Greer is a convicted pedophile. Sharon Mason was a pretty 14yo schoolgirl. Isn't that motive enough for a pedophile?

Sounds like there were plenty around.

Reports of men in panel vans and a red sports car.

Birds of a feather, flock together.

Wonder if they have matched any reported physical evidence to any other suspects or POIs - potentially sourced through other more recent investigations, familial or covert?

Sounds like there were plenty around.
Reports of men in panel vans and a red sports car.
Birds of a feather, flock together.
Wonder if they have matched any reported physical evidence to any other suspects or POIs - potentially sourced through other more recent investigations, familial or covert?

Id be using todays database technology to drill down that red sports car. Inside eight hours I'd say it would take.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back