Malcolm Turnbull - How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know whether Mr Jobson Growthe is working yet?
Last I heard was that he was put on the Newstart programme and seen living in the doorway of a major department store.
He had been trying to call Centrelink about his case but the phone goes unanswered.

Some slogans just don't work but they are fun to play around with.

The way it's looking now..it's George Christensen in charge.
I thought he might make a run, but he's Nat aligned federally. He could swap to Lib easily enough, with Qld being LNP rather than two separate parties. But more likely, he's just running interference for someone like ScoMo to take the top job; and also take Barnaby's job himself in the process.

It's a f***ing farce. This government already has a terminal whiff about it, at least the ALP kept governing while kicking the s**t out of each other, these guys are going to let the place stand still, arguably at a time when we can least afford it while they fight their internecine battles.
To be fair, this one might have more substance.
Rudd/Gillard was purely personal (and poll driven).

The coalition appears split not just along personal (and polling) lines, but actually on the very core of what the Liberal party is. Is it hardcore Conservative, or a market driven party with a liberal heart?
For the first time since maybe Andrew Peacock there are some trying to put some liberalism back into Liberalism. Not many, but the minor wing of the party has the (powerless) frontman for the moment. That can't last.

Turnbull is a terrible prime minister. I could give a litany of reasons, but really the ultimate sin is his terrible political instincts and tiny base of core voters. I generally always vote Liberal, but with Turnbull in charge, I have and will continue to vote Labor. And there are plenty of others like me around. He has to go.

He won an election so you're being somewhat narcissistic with your perception your personal position.

His problem is inaction. he's entireley focused on trying to keep the keys to power on side, so he is accomplishing nothing. What is his mandate? What is his vision?

I honestly thought I'd vote for him when he took over; but he simply has no convictions. An empty suit. Abbott will have a bigger legacy than him, and that's simply astonishing.

I honestly thought I'd vote for him when he took over; but he simply has no convictions. An empty suit. Abbott will have a bigger legacy than him, and that's simply astonishing.
This was me. But the lag time showed me what an empty person he was. Maybe I hated Abbott so much I wanted him to be better.

He won an election so you're being somewhat narcissistic with your perception your personal position.

You have misrepresented my post, for reasons only known to yourself - a penchant for deception perhaps. I never conflated my personal position with my "perception" (whatever that means). I gave a throwaway line that many others share my views of him, and indeed that has been my personal experience around the watercooler. Mostly, however, I focused on his small base of supporters and poor political instincts, and the polls support that.

The rest of your post talks about his lack of political nous, which is mystifying because that was the point of my original post.

As for winning an election, well very few governments lose power before their second term, and he was still in his honeymoon phase. So I wouldn't call a razer thin victory as his selling point.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-...um-seekers-to-be-banned-turnbull-says/7978228

The 'He'll be a different kind of Liberal Prime Minister' talk is ******* hilarious in hindsight.

He's turning into Abbott. Polls and agenda going down so trying to cling to what worked before.

Its like proving how tough you can be by saying criminals who have been executed bust also be drawn and quartered. The gius dead already

In fact life banning people who have been refused enrty is potentially thin end of a wedge and those with overseas reltives should be wary

I know. Building roads, hospitals, schools. Just terrible.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
You can understand why it's better for some governments to do as little as possible though...
In Abbotts case Knighthoods was a good place to stop and in Turnbull's I think replacing a few coffee tables should be about the end of it.
Neither were up to any real reform or legislation of any note.
The recent utterances about "lifetime" bans for refugees seeking refuge is mainly a diversion to throw some heat off Pell with the RC saying they don't believe his BS about not knowing anything.

That seems to be all they are any good at, diverting from their giant clusterfarcs, those of their pals and lining up cushy post politics jobs for each other with foreign business they have sold our industry and infrastructure to.
Abbott is angling for a Vatican job and Turnbull is looking to get into Bull Semen exports.

You can understand why it's better for some governments to do as little as possible though...
In Abbotts case Knighthoods was a good place to stop and in Turnbull's I think replacing a few coffee tables should be about the end of it.
Neither were up to any real reform or legislation of any note.
The recent utterances about "lifetime" bans for refugees seeking refuge is mainly a diversion to throw some heat off Pell with the RC saying they don't believe his BS about not knowing anything.

That seems to be all they are any good at, diverting from their giant clusterfarcs, those of their pals and lining up cushy post politics jobs for each other with foreign business they have sold our industry and infrastructure to.
Abbott is angling for a Vatican job and Turnbull is looking to get into Bull Semen exports.

Yes, but his rant was that government shouldn't do anything.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turnbull needs to ask himself, what's the point of winning power if you don't get to do what you would like to do?

He is doing what he wants to do. He doesn't have any interest in policy, direction, responsibility etc, he just wants the position as it was a selfish personal goal. He's swanning about doing * all.......that was really his main interest in the role, standing and perception.

He's a campaigner.

and lost a senate along the way...and has a 1 seat majority. H what happened to "exciting time to be alive" and the "most agile government"...only thing he's agile at is backflipping.

and lost a senate along the way...and has a 1 seat majority. H what happened to "exciting time to be alive" and the "most agile government"...only thing he's agile at is backflipping.

Oh I'm not defending him. But the initial implication was that he had to go because a particular niche weren't going to vote for him. He clearly doesn't need them.

Has any faction of a party in Australian history ever quite embarrassed itself like the far-right of the Libs ??

Coming up to nearly 10 years of foot-stomping.
When will they feel appeased ????

Never

Just let that sink in.

If you give a mouse a cookie.......

Utter filth
Un-Australian

Has any faction of a party in Australian history ever quite embarrassed itself like the far-right of the Libs ??

Coming up to nearly 10 years of foot-stomping.
When will they feel appeased ????

Never

Just let that sink in.

If you give a mouse a cookie.......

Utter filth
Un-Australian

At least John Howard realised most of the country didnt a gree with hi, and he had to boil the frog slowly

At least John Howard realised most of the country didnt a gree with hi, and he had to boil the frog slowly

Howard was cunning and was very aware of the electorate.

Abbott had no clue, I'm amazed someone so oblivious got that far.

Turnbull simply doesn't care as his attention is fully on appeasing the keys of power.

Howard ran a tight if evil ship, but every govt since his has been a ship of fools.

At the time, the Rudd and Gillard govts seemed the worst govts since Whitlam, but then along came Abbott PM and his govt.

Even worse.

And just when you thought things couldn't get worse, now we have Malcom Turnbull PM and his govt.

Has there ever been a bigger group of arse clowns than this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back