Malcolm Turnbull - How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, though I reckon it will be a very odd result in that the government will lose big, but Labor won't "win".

They'll need to form some of sort of supply and confidence deal with the Greens and the Xenophonites.
?

Are you thinking that after Feeney is replaced by a Green, a whole swathe of other seats will go to 3rd parties in the regular election? Because obviously it would be very hard for the government to "lose big" and Labor not to win a majority.

There aren't that many hard core Micks in the Libs, after all the ALP is their natural home.

Eh? Half Abbott’s cabinet was catholic. The current PM is Catholic as is the deputy PM. There’s also Pyne, Cormann, Abbott and Andrews. The most hardcore (after Abbott) was Bernardi and he’s hardly likely to join the ALP. The ALP hasn’t been the natural home of Catholics (let alone hardcore Catholics) since the DLP split in the 1950s.

Besides Turnbull's liberalism is discredited (lets not forget this was the guy who tried to join the ALP).

Which of the government’s policies reflects “Turnbull’s liberalism”?

2wh4UHZ.jpg

Imagine if the indigenous had seen value in the plentiful gold here and made even crude jewellery from it.

The Portuguese would have been all over the place like a rash. Now the history of brazil is quite a bit more colourful than australia, and carnaval sure beats moomba

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eh? Half Abbott’s cabinet was catholic. The current PM is Catholic as is the deputy PM. There’s also Pyne, Cormann, Abbott and Andrews. The most hardcore (after Abbott) was Bernardi and he’s hardly likely to join the ALP. The ALP hasn’t been the natural home of Catholics (let alone hardcore Catholics) since the DLP split in the 1950s.

Im not disagreeing with you. However it is a recent phenomenon (and hardly a great one). IIRC until Hawke became pm, every ALP state or federal leader maybe bar one had been a catholic. I think (could be wrong) that Tim Fischer was the first Mick to lead a coalition party. Things started to change under Howard.

You would have to asked someone more au fait than I re the ALP but I think the NSW branch was pretty Mick centric at least until recently. Then there is JDB at the shoppies.

Which of the government’s policies reflects “Turnbull’s liberalism”?

Not many, his liberalism is more Hilary than Adam Smith in any event IMO.

"Government says Australia's big companies are paying one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world. That's not true."

lol Fake news by the ABC.

Deductions? What deductions? What odds they include massive expenses incurred by the mining industry during the boom?

If Labor wins the Victorian state election, I can't see Malcolm Turnbull remaining as PM heading into Christmas and 2019.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"Government says Australia's big companies are paying one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world. That's not true."

lol Fake news by the ABC.

Deductions? What deductions? What odds they include massive expenses incurred by the mining industry during the boom?
No mention of the Singapore sling

You only call an early election if you expect to win. So there shouldn't be one until 2019. Unless they decide that each passing month will cost them more seats. Which is possible, I suppose.

And there's the added problem of the Victorian state election coming up in November. Which means the Liberals have got a major problem, and that's which election campaign would get top priority in terms of funding for the media advertising; the federal or the Victorian elections?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ralian-flag-design-gets-rid-of-the-union-jack
He's mighty f***ing arrogant for someone that's so far behind in the polls. That's also been my gripe with the Australia Day row, the government (and opposition) isn't even taking a position and defending, they are refusing to debate at all beyond saying it's not even up for one in the first place and that anybody questioning it is just s**t stirring.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ralian-flag-design-gets-rid-of-the-union-jack
He's mighty f***ing arrogant for someone that's so far behind in the polls. That's also been my gripe with the Australia Day row, the government (and opposition) isn't even taking a position and defending, they are refusing to debate at all beyond saying it's not even up for one in the first place and that anybody questioning it is just s**t stirring.
He's cracking; every time someone raises something that might stir up the right of his party, he overreacts in slapping it down to try and shut down the debate. But all it does is make him look petulant and angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back